Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

FOREVER EVIL: ROGUES REBELLION #4

The Rogues just can’t catch a break! On the run from the Crime Syndicate and the Secret Society, the Rogues are forced into a showdown with an army of escapees from Arkham Asylum!

Written by: Brian Buccellato

Art by: Scott Hepburn, Andre Coelho

Cover by: Declan Shalvey

U.S. Price: $2.99

On Sale: Jan 15, 2014

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Okay these are guys who take on a super speedster on a near daily basis................. They SHOULD WIN THIS!!!!!!!

Psycho_Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like more the Rogues here than in The Flash

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

This tie in has been fantastic.

KrazyCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait is Ace the leader of the royal flush now in n52?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Okay these are guys who take on a super speedster on a near daily basis................. They SHOULD WIN THIS!!!!!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I can't wait!! This and A.R.G.U.S have been the best Forever Evil tie in!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@the_stegman: i was thinking about getting argus but decided to buy the Arkham War and i dont regret it. Banes a beast.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I've been looking for this issue. Loving the Rouges here. I wonder if Captain Cold will ever get a chance to face Mr. Freeze.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: i was thinking about getting argus but decided to buy the Arkham War and i dont regret it. Banes a beast.

I'm reading all of them...and to me A.R.G.U.S is much better than Arkham War, which is cool, but really, it's just Bane fapping for 22 pages, lol...not that there's anything wrong with that.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By HolySerpent

@the_stegman: well banes loves to talk, on another note are you readting earth 2. now thats a good series

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@holyserpent: You bet your bottom dollar I'm reading Earth 2! Fantastic series. I kinda want more titles set in that universe. Maybe an "Earth 2: Doctor Fate" or "Earth 2: Hawkgirl"

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly these guys need an ongoing. It NEEDS to happen.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: So what if they face the Flash. Mister Freeze is smarter than them not to mention he knows the area better his tech is better than Captian Colds becuase you know he actualy invented his gear he also has the element of surprise. and not to mention he KILLS PEOPLE something the rogues dont do. Plus they should feel lucky any other time Freeze would have just blasted them and have been done with it.

Than Clayface who can shape shift into any thing and he isnt really effected by anything the rogues have thou they have him acting like a complete moron for some reason but what ever oh ya he also kills people

So ya this is all in favor of Freeze and Clayface maybe if all the rogues where their they might have a chance but in a two on two fight they just dont have a chance

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stmichalofwilson: It would end badly for Captian Cold Freezes tech is just better not to mention cold has no effect on Freeze than the fact Freeze kills people it would be over quick but it would still be one sided

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: So what if they face the Flash. Mister Freeze is smarter than them not to mention he knows the area better his tech is better than Captian Colds becuase you know he actualy invented his gear he also has the element of surprise. and not to mention he KILLS PEOPLE something the rogues dont do. Plus they should feel lucky any other time Freeze would have just blasted them and have been done with it.

Than Clayface who can shape shift into any thing and he isnt really effected by anything the rogues have thou they have him acting like a complete moron for some reason but what ever oh ya he also kills people

So ya this is all in favor of Freeze and Clayface maybe if all the rogues where their they might have a chance but in a two on two fight they just dont have a chance

The Rogues have this fight. Freeze and Clayface are not a team, the Rogues work together on a daily basis. Teamwork and Instinct can make up for raw power any day of the week. And simply because the Rogues don't make a habit of wholesale slaughtering innocent civilians doesn't mean that they would hesitate to put down one of the Arkham inmates if it came down to it. Further, saying that the Rogues have no powers that effect Freeze is is completely ignoring Weather Wizard who may well end up frying Freeze's suit and/or gun. This is a tough battle for either side, which is what makes it an interesting read.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@stmichalofwilson: It would end badly for Captian Cold Freezes tech is just better not to mention cold has no effect on Freeze than the fact Freeze kills people it would be over quick but it would still be one sided

Cold is the only ice villain in DC to have mastered 'absolute zero' with his weapons. So Freeze's tech isn't better.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree!

They probably will. Note how Cold is missing and Weather Wizard in conveniently knocked out. If both were here and fully prepared to go, they'd smoke Freeze and Clayface.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Agreed.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wow. The Royal Flush gang looks awesome!

These guys need an ongoing. They seriously do.

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently reading all the Forever Evil minis and everyone has been fantastic!

Can't wait to pick this one up and also agree that the Rogues need an ongoing by this exact same team.

The preview looks fantastic.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for the Rogues to take on the Royal Flush Gang. That's going to be a very cool fight scene.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I am also enjoying Rogues Rebellion, also would like an on going.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lordofthenorth: Wow, even Mr. Freeze would tell you how wrong you are. He always had respect for Len before the New 52.

anandak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever Evil and its tie ins have been incredible.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood:

1. they are in Gotham so terrian goes to Freeze and Clayface

2. They have surprise Freeze knows who they are but they know nothing about him or Clayface

3. Weather Wizard is down it is only a two on two fight right now and even than my comment was for Clayface they have no ability to contane him so they can't stop him, but even than even if Weather Wizard disabled his gun or his suit(which he couldnt becuase you really think Freeze would go after Weather Wizard and not prepare for lightning) in the new 52 Freeze has powers now

4. The Rogues have never shown that they will kill people so saying they would have no problem killing Freeze is silly not to mention they cant kill Clayface

5. Like i said in my post if it was all of the Rogues they would have a chance at winning but in a two on two fight with two of Batman's Power houses they just dont stand a chance

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: It dosnt matter if he has respect for him Freeze would still killl him if he had too

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth said:

Cold is the only ice villain in DC to have mastered 'absolute zero' with his weapons. So Freeze's tech isn't better.

is that how it is still? In this new 52 he seems like a random idiot who stole his tech and took it apart and ptu it back enough times to master it, but doesn't actually understand it. Pretty much me with my computer, but unable to be of any use to anyone else with computer issues :P

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: how would the Rogues smoke Freeze and Clayface besides for team work the arkham guys have all the advantages here

they know the area , they have the element of surprise, they have better intel, and their powers off set them completely hell Clayface on his own could solo them

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: By what? Firing a beam of cool air at a field of absolute kinetic zero? A guy who can't even tag Batman on his best day isn't gonna be flash-freezing a guy who uses his "aura", for lack of a better term, to slow down the Flash on a regular basis.

As to who wins the faceoff previewed, a fully powered Mirror Master would tear Freeze to pieces. The good doctor is full of shiny, reflective goodness. Clayface could be a tricky opponent with his disguises, but it appears that Sam already outsmarted him. From there, it'd be a matter of time before the guy gets trapped in the Mirror-verse.

I do agree that I don't like the New 52 Basil though. The way this Clayface was written made me mistakenly think it was Matt Hagan at first.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

Mirror master not weather wizard is the trump card here. the ice will create reflections enabling MM to pull of some neat tricks making this more than a 2v2 encounter

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: thats the problem Freeze wouldnt even be fazed by absolute Zero remeber he needs cold to survive and Captain cold isnt going to be able to dodge Freezes attacks for long

As for Mirror Master yes he has Freeze's number but Clayface can do a whole lot more than disguse himself he can morph his body into all sorts of fun stuff plus only one piece of Clayface needs to survive for and for mirror master to get all of ClayFace into the Mirrior-verse would be down near impossable the guy is mud

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krazycrab said:

Wait is Ace the leader of the royal flush now in n52?

It wouldn't be the first time. I i'm kind of disappointed that their not another Joker inspired gang like the in Death of the Family.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: thats the problem Freeze wouldnt even be fazed by absolute Zero remeber he needs cold to survive and Captain cold isnt going to be able to dodge Freezes attacks for long

As for Mirror Master yes he has Freeze's number but Clayface can do a whole lot more than disguse himself he can morph his body into all sorts of fun stuff plus only one piece of Clayface needs to survive for and for mirror master to get all of ClayFace into the Mirrior-verse would be down near impossable the guy is mud

Sorry I missed responding to this for so long. :(

Victor may be able to survive at Absolute Zero for all I know, but he certainly won't be able to move through a field consisting of that temperature. All molecular movement ceases, and unless Freeze got a hold of the Speed Force and I missed it, he would stop just the same as bullets stop when they come into contact with the undetectable "shield" that Cold uses.

Not to mention in Blackest Night, Cold used a single one of his grenades to ice over the entirety of Iron Heights, a huge radius. All he has to do is stop Freeze in his tracks and then shatter his armor like peanut brittle, much like the jaw of a corrupt cop he faced, or the hand of a punk who tried throwing a punch at him in Rogues Revenge.

Clayface is probably, power-wise, the top tier of Bat-villains. Much respect. I'd actually be intrigued as to whether Mirror Master would be able to find a disguised Clayface from within the mirror-verse via his eyes.

Issue 4 of Rebellion was pretty epic, btw. Trickster vs. Zsasz was hilarious :)

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: well it wouldnt matter if he shattered his armor Freeze only needs cold to survive and the new 52 Freeze has ice powers so all freeze has to do is destory Colds tech or his suit and Cold is finished

Actualy power wise i would give it to Ivy just on wide spread distruction see has most of the other villains beat

ya its was pretty funny but their was a big continuity error their Zsasz is completely differeant than he has appeared before

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Yeah, in the New 52 they've both been pretty different. It would be an interesting matchup if they went powers-vs.-powers, because I haven't seen enough of New 52 Victor to make a judgment one way or another (all I know is that they gave him a stupid haircut and parent-issues, sadly). Though, now that Len is back to using the gun, I doubt we'll ever see them clash again.

Not fully canon, but a morals-off version of Cold made a fool out of Freeze during Flashpoint and literally stomped him, lol.

And I'd agree on Ivy too, I'd put her and Basil or Matt in the top tier together, being the most notable metahumans in Batman's collection of foes.

If you thought Zsasz was off in Rebellion, take a look at him in Arkham War. I barely recognized the guy at first! I'm used to the bald or blonde appearance. The dude looked like a pedo in Arkham War. O.o

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: ya Victor has actualy been in alot of the new 52 but really has done jackshit besides for getting a stupid haircut and making it so Nora was never his wife

ya didnt read flash point i try to stay away from stuff writtten by Johns when it involves batman in any way

That what i meant those two are almost completely differance characters it made me wonder what the hell DC editoral does all day if they actualy did work something like that wouldnt happen

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mightyrearranger

@lordofthenorth:

Yeah, there were a LOT of Batman villain casualties during Flashpoint (Aquaman vs. Clayface was a particularly depressing one). But with all the negatives, it did give us Thomas Wayne, The Bat-Man, which was incredibly fun. :)

True, though I much prefer the surreal artwork in Rebellion to War. And either is better than what Finch has been drawing, haha.

I think Rebellion is actually my favorite book to come out of the New 52 so far. It brings the humor and lightheartedness that most books in the universe are missing right now, while still giving the characters real threats, power-showings, and personalities. The only other comic that did all of that successfully for me was Ales Kot's brief time writing for Suicide Squad. Hopefully, when Kindt's run comes to a close and the book is cancelled, the Rebellion team can take Captain Boomerang back and write him as he should be. :)