• 78 results
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaeternus

@asjmooney: I'm not so sure, why the mask then? Could be anyone, but I'm still betting it's Clark with possibly disfigured/aged face from the DD stuff going on. And the change to his suit to look more like Clark's? I only see that if Clark dies and I don't see DC doing that.

Definitely multiversity, but not sure about Future's End Superman...that Superman also looked bigger.

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By joaoanjos

I dropped Earth 2 when they introduced the new Batman. Am I missing something? Earth 2 was suppose to be the JSA world, with Earth 2 original characters only, with no Batman or Superman to get all the attention. We should have a great team by now, but the only thing I see is a black Superman and a psychotic Batman. Where is Hourman, Starman, WILDCAT? Maybe I am wrong, maybe this book is really good, but i'm sure it could be better.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always wanted this title, but have never never picked it up. This looks really cool. I'm going to have to grab the trades.

Question. do I have to start from volume one with James Robinson's run, or can I start at Volume 4 when Tom Taylor became the writer?

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

l like this..not because hes black(im black lol) because he s completely original,whle hope the writers go back to Jay Alan and hawkgirl,and even Dr Fate(having him beat so easily and pushed to the sidelines makes me mad) where are scott and barda in this,who better to help against the mad gods than gods themselves?,now shift away from superman and batman 2,and get back to the wonders we are starting to love,and bring more aquawoman,shes starting to appeal to me more now,get more character development between these heroes more,although I do respect how this jimmyy olsen and this new man of steel are forming an analogous relationship to the original supes and olsen friendship

alexizry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: I like how everyone seems to remember this wrong. The current story arc spins out of the last few issues of Robinson's run, and he sidelined those stories. He also brought back Superman for this arc and it was always his plan to have Batman be Thomas Wayne. The book is called Earth 2 it can't just focus on Alan, Jay, and Kendra all the time, it's about time the cast got larger and a story that truly encompasses the whole of Earth 2.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I like it, he looks Fierce with the cape and showing it all together with the symbol of hope.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

woah a black Superman????

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a few story lines they have yet to get back to. Sgt. Steel and the Red Lantern for example.

But i love this comic.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is there so much white on all the new african-american(-krytonian?) superheroes in DC .___.

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexizry: Please tell me you don't actually think any of that had anything to do with what Robinson wanted for this book and wasn't just what DC's editorial forced him to do with the story on his way out the door. I would put money on him being forced to introduce the new Batman too.

And, to everyone saying "it can't just be the Alan Jay and Kendra show all the time", well, that is literally what the original point of this book was.It was supposed to be about a world without the trinity, where the JSA characters could shine. And yes, I am completely aware that Batman and Superman were JSA members, but guess what? They aren't tied to the team anymore. Why? Because after the golden age ended they got to go on and found the JLA and still be at the forefront of the DC universe, a luxury that was not afforded to the rest of the JSA. So no, Batman and Superman have absolutely no right to be in here and the only reason they are is because the idiots who run DC refuse to believe that any book can be successful without somehow being related to these two frankly overrated characters. And now look, Earth 2 has devolved from one of the best books on the shelf to just another idiotic Batman vs. Superman story.

And that is why I dropped this book, and DC along with it.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sick. I wonder who the 4th Kryptonian is.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh A black superman? Nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Lantern sorry follow up would be nice, as well as WWs daughter sorry line. I'm happy with the current focus though.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cc1738 said:

I always wanted this title, but have never never picked it up. This looks really cool. I'm going to have to grab the trades.

Question. do I have to start from volume one with James Robinson's run, or can I start at Volume 4 when Tom Taylor became the writer?

Start from the beginning

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By flashback0180

-___- so there is a black super man now?....wat... why not add a Asian wonder women and German lex luthor while there at it......sheesh

i'm sorry to me it looks nothing more than a cheesy way to make some quick bucks. Get some creativity and create characters like blade or something

pbjmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think the two batmans side by side has some weird artwork, but i love the new supe's

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I like the idea of a new original Kryptonian hero for Earth 2, I would love for the stroy to move back to the others ,am I the only who feels this way,Jay,Alan and hawkgirl,Dr Fate ,aquawoman and even the world army were building up to something great before the duo took over in my opinion. where is the Red lantern in this?..we only got a glimpse of what was in the fire pits of earth..guess I can only wait for the future huh..

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph:

I agree with you. It would have been a great op to use Icon

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: I'm pretty sure the point was that DC could have used a pre-existing Superman-like character; not that the character is black. Besides, if DC/Marvel want more diverse characters, why don't they use/create original characters with differing powers/abilities/names/etc? Icon would have been perfect, now they just seem to be following Marvel's lead with Ultimate Spider-Man. "Plus, we got enough white heroes in comics." Hypocrite much?

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#74  Edited By iceslick

@amratheking: Hypocritical to what? I just don't understand why are people are so bent when a different racial character takes on the mantle of a previous white character?? Is it really that much a problem? I wouldn't mind Icon either, but as of right now we don't know if they can use Milestone characters as of yet and I think they want to use them in the main DC universe not Earth 2. Also, having the different racial characters taking over previous white mantle characters allow fans to know that anyone can be Superman, Spider-Man, etc. character. It's makes them feel part of it and idolizes. It's all about a legacy about who the character is and how that can be passed on to many different races and personalities. And if DC wants to following a lead to Marvel, let them. It's really all about the competition on who's the better hero, it's why they do these things.

RedBerserk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: I'm pretty sure the point was that DC could have used a pre-existing Superman-like character; not that the character is black. Besides, if DC/Marvel want more diverse characters, why don't they use/create original characters with differing powers/abilities/names/etc? Icon would have been perfect, now they just seem to be following Marvel's lead with Ultimate Spider-Man. "Plus, we got enough white heroes in comics." Hypocrite much?

I agree with everything, i don't get these kind of decisions, you have the chance of creating something new, why making a clone of an existing character? plus it's a character complicated like Superman that is hated sometimes because of his gary stu status... and isn't the bold part a racist statement in the first place? if you attack a specific race of people that make you racist not anti-racist, i thought multiculturalism was about putting differences behind and build a better future together, not race-replacing White people (which is promoting genocide btw).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

SEE!!! This is what DC should be doing, not changing race for the sake of it like Wally West.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Finally a minority character that has a developed, sensible background story!! Not just thrown in there for the sake of being a minority!(cough like Wally & Simon cough*) E2 did a great job with Hawkgirl too, looking more hispanic/blackish. When they develop these characters, it works well for DC.

I like this idea, pretty badass looking costume too. I like the whole House of El adopting an orphan kryptonian as one of their own. lol can't wait to see Clark's reaction to seeing Val-Zod donning his family crest lol.

@micah: Curious about this myself!

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw this Superman.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty interesting, I'm tempted to pick this up just to read about the fourth Kryptonian.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anyone else think Val could be the masked Superman from Future's end? Earth 2 reside in main earth now and we also know he cares for Lois so it makes sense that He could be protecting her Prime earth version.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Haven't seen too much of Val-Zod yet I already really like his character

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like it, he looks Fierce with the cape and showing it all together with the symbol of hope.

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: "It's all about a legacy about who the character is and how that can be passed on to many different races and personalities." Who the characters are and what they represent can be carried on by legacy characters with different names, abilities, symbols, and costumes. My point is that these companies need more originality in terms of character creation for the modern age (especially the Big Two). You can have a character of any race and background represent the high moral standards and ideals of Superman, but give him a different name and power set, even if it's just a slight difference. That represents EFFORT in the creative process, which in my humble opinion is a lost art these days. By giving these new character's the names and powers of previous superheros, these companies are essentially stating, "these characters can't stand on their own." It's an insult to the new characters and potential fans.