User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Hmm, a 4th Kryptonian. Honestly while the book continues to look good... I'd really like to see it get back to focusing on Jay, Kendra and Alan.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

CV's really killing it with the exclusives lately.

I've been meaning to start reading this book since Tom Taylor came on, may need to pick up the most recent arc in trade and get caught up.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Looks boss.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmm, a 4th Kryptonian. Honestly while the book continues to look good... I'd really like to see it get back to focusing on Jay, Kendra and Alan.

This.

Also, the cover with the two Batmans is... really bad looking

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love Val-Zods costume, looks boss.

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought the flash could run on water.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudyimpulse: The Man of Steel broke his leg

Gotcha. Haven't read a lot of Earth 2. Thanks for the clarification.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Why? Earth-2 should have had either Artemis, Azrel & the electric superman as their Trinity, since in reality those 3 are the same as how Barry allen or Hal are to Jay Garrick & Alan Scott in, at the time, modern day reboots of golden age characters.

OR use similar characters like Captain Marvel, Blue Beetle , Phantom Lady for their Trinity.

Or if they wanted a black guy power house, use either Steel or ICON. What we do NOT need is DC/Marvel just creating new heroes using the same name. No one casual mainstream will ever know of this guy. He'll never get a movie. & even if he did, people will just think he is a fake impostor Superman. I mean, Cassandra Cain has been around for 15 years & has never been adapted. Linda Danvers was around for 18 years, & anyone who saw the DCAU just saw Kara the cousin of steel wearing a different outfit. In fact, that show actually created a third character, who has never been used since, even Galatea was a different character.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@outside_85 said:

This.

Yup. And I wish several plot lines weren't just ignored for the evil Superman story to work. How did Hawkgirl go from being trapped in a net to saving batman and company from the world army HQ? What ever happened to Barda and Fury? etc.

And it was been several issues bar the last one that we have even scene Jay.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my top books. Only reason it's getting hate is because it's not focusing on Jay, Alan or hawk girl. Man I can't wait for this issue

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

@outside_85 said:

This.

Yup. And I wish several plot lines weren't just ignored for the evil Superman story to work. How did Hawkgirl go from being trapped in a net to saving batman and company from the world army HQ? What ever happened to Barda and Fury? etc.

And it was been several issues bar the last one that we have even scene Jay.

Even though i want to i cant disagree with. that Hawkgirl plot has been bugging the hell out of me. but simple put the book is to small cover entire earth 2.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like the art. I should pick this title up

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the art. I should pick this title up

If you do be sure to read it from the beginning

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ARMIV2
No Caption Provided

Uggggggggghh...
So much is wrong with this.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@allstarsuperman:

After you introduced me to invincible your suggestions are gold to me.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Why? Earth-2 should have had either Artemis, Azrel & the electric superman as their Trinity, since in reality those 3 are the same as how Barry allen or Hal are to Jay Garrick & Alan Scott in, at the time, modern day reboots of golden age characters.

OR use similar characters like Captain Marvel, Blue Beetle , Phantom Lady for their Trinity.

Or if they wanted a black guy power house, use either Steel or ICON. What we do NOT need is DC/Marvel just creating new heroes using the same name. No one casual mainstream will ever know of this guy. He'll never get a movie. & even if he did, people will just think he is a fake impostor Superman. I mean, Cassandra Cain has been around for 15 years & has never been adapted. Linda Danvers was around for 18 years, & anyone who saw the DCAU just saw Kara the cousin of steel wearing a different outfit. In fact, that show actually created a third character, who has never been used since, even Galatea was a different character.

He's not new. He's from Grant Morisson's run of ACTION COMICS brought into on-going continuity.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who the 4th Kryptonian is....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not new. He's from Grant Morisson's run of ACTION COMICS brought into on-going continuity.

No he's not :)

Morrisons President Superman was based on a world that was essentially 'race-bent', every character we have in the main DCU thats white was black. And better yet, he's supposedly one of the characters Morrison intends to return to during Multiversity.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kind of a contrived reason for him to be the new Superman, but I can look past it.

The only problems with this book is that they've forgotten several plot lines from before the new writer. I'm hoping that's what Earth 2: World's End is for. Basically to make it easier to write about an entire universe in one ongoing.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is another kryptonian out there hmmmmmm.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

I was hoping they would explain why he had the house of El crest on himself and not Zod. I always figured it would be a bit messed up to wear that symbol after all the destruction Superman/Brutaal was doing, and thought it would be a much cooler concept to have the Zod crest instead, and even call him something else. Understandable now why he'd keep it, but I think he should honor the Zod name as well.

I wish they would focus on some of the other characters too. I want to know what happened with The Red Lantern reference they did long ago, with Solomon Grundy, "Aquawoman's" origin, and also Fury.

Nightian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph: I actually figured they were going to make Val-Zod into Icon. Like bring him in for the Earth 2 World End and have him become Icon after everything goes down. Or maybe even during!

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

I wonder who the 4th Kryptonian is....

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish there wasn't another superman they could have used superman like characters like Icon. Apollo, Steel, Captain Atom, Orion, Captain Marvel, Omac, Dr. Fate etc. Dc has a lot of characters that are underused in their vault.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph said:

No, no to a LOT of this. Electric Superman should have never existed.

You forget also that the trinity was also part of the JSA originally.

I like how you say no casual mainstreamer will know who Val Zod is, but act as though they would know who Steel or ICON is. And speaking of movies, remember that Steel movie?

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: watch it be some guy shiz like H'el or whatever that gay's name is.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#30  Edited By iceslick

@cobramorph: Seriously what wrong with having a Black Superman? Racist much? Plus, there's a Black Spider-Man name Miles Morales which is awesome and pretty much has hold a title of his own and he has the best Ultimate series title out now and people have been pretty much forgotten about Peter Parker from that universe. People have well over accepted him taking the mantle. So, why not let DC have their own version of a "Miles Morales" like character? DC's Earth 2 is pretty much DC's Ultimate universe. Plus, we got enough white heroes in comics. Let's have an excuse to make more Black characters for diversity sake which we need.

EDIT: I even forgot that Miles is part of Ultimates now which is pretty much the equivalent of the Avengers in that universe. Too bad the All-New Ultimates series sucks, but that's the writer's fault, not the character's true potential.

@inferiorego: I'm pretty sure you like and agree with my statement Mat! :-)

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know how much longer this story arc will last? I like that they're making new characters like Val Zod but I'm really burnt out on the Superman going evil gimmick.

Cade_Calrayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both the art and the story in this... just awesome.

RuBoy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even thoughi dont like how he is drawn, Blue Marvel looking much more badass and he is essentially black superman, i really dig the idea of someone rising to superman and this time its being a black dude.

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

Thank you! This right here folks

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: watch it be some guy shiz like H'el or whatever that gay's name is.

That's what I was thinking. Or maybe Mon El.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By NightFang3

Maybe I should start reading this series.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@inferiorego said:

No he's not :)

Morrisons President Superman was based on a world that was essentially 'race-bent', every character we have in the main DCU thats white was black. And better yet, he's supposedly one of the characters Morrison intends to return to during Multiversity.

Batman wasn't black.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: damn mon el hadn't crossed my mind. That'd actually be interesting

mikey776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks good also I wonder how old Val-Zod is to it be cool if he was a teenage that's my opinion

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused I thought this book was called Earth 2 not The Jay, Kendra and

Alan Show. I liked it before with Robinson but its much better now.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@micah said:

love Val-Zods costume, looks boss.

BillyFamine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they would focus on some of the other characters too. I want to know what happened with The Red Lantern reference they did long ago, with Solomon Grundy, "Aquawoman's" origin, and also Fury.

I thought I was the only one who remembered this! Also, in the Zero Issue they mentioned there was 8 Wonders, Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Terry Sloan and another "mystery" wonder. Who was that? Was that supposed to be Captain Steel? The Atom? I thought they didn't get enhanced until after the Apokalips War.

As for the Kryptonian... man, that Superman suit does not look good on him. Sorry. I love the character, and I don't mind him having an "S" on his armor (although why wouldn't he honor his parents with the Zod emblem?), but that color motif is just bad. Too many bad memories of Electric Blue Superman.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

That's a pretty cool costume. Especially the "Man of Steel"-like S.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billyfamine: Who knows. I guess we'll never what Robinson had planned for the series. I remember in podcast interviews, just before leaving the series, he mentioned that he wasn't sure if whoever took over was going to go through with the same plans he had in place (for example the identity of Batman). For all we know, those other references have been scrapped, or they're hopefully just on the back burner until this current arc is over (which I'm hoping is soon). I also want to know what happened with Alan Scott's fiances murder and the conspiracy behind it. There are sooooo many things that were built up and then put on hold when they change writers and began this arc with Superman.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this so much. WHO IS THIS FOURTH KRYPTONIAN

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vaeternus

Finally a minority character that has a developed, sensible background story!! Not just thrown in there for the sake of being a minority!(cough like Wally & Simon cough*) E2 did a great job with Hawkgirl too, looking more hispanic/blackish. When they develop these characters, it works well for DC.

I like this idea, pretty badass looking costume too. I like the whole House of El adopting an orphan kryptonian as one of their own. lol can't wait to see Clark's reaction to seeing Val-Zod donning his family crest lol.

@micah: Curious about this myself!

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is clearly the Superman of Future's End

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@smashbrawler said:

Batman wasn't black.

Everyone else was.

Well, Superman and Wonder Woman were the only ones who actually had their races changed.

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: If I recall correctly the Wonder Woman in that book was Nubia, a character who also exists in the then mainstream DC Universe along side Diana/Wonder Woman.