Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio

It's that time of the month again. Next week we'll see another new issue of EARTH 2. James Robinson is cranking things up. Now that Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and the new Dr. Fate are ready for action, their first move is declare war. Pretty bold move, right? But when you have someone like Steppenwolf seizing a country, something needs to be done. Whether these new heroes are the ones to make that decision remains to be seen.

Check out this exclusive preview courtesy of DC Comics.

EARTH 2 #14

The bells of war ring loudly as Green Lantern, The Flash and Doctor Fate attack Steppenwolf head on— with the future of Earth 2 hanging in the balance!

Written by: James Robinson

Art by: Nicola Scott, Trevor Scott

Cover by: Juan Doe

Variant Cover by: Juan Doe

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Jul 3 2013

Staff
#1 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever happened to Hawkgirl?

#2 Edited by mightypug78 (343 posts) - - Show Bio

the cover looks bada$$. im glad i have this on my pull list

#3 Posted by Ordinary_Origin (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing this only leaves me wondering what could have been if James would have stayed on the book longer. I'd imagine this last arc will not help this feeling.

Looks great

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23765 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Cover...

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

she dead

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they look gangster as all Hell.

#7 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha cover looks great

#8 Edited by Outside_85 (8535 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: She is off being Batman-ish and will meet the others on the inside.

#9 Posted by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

The best book from wave 2

Those covers are insanely AWESOME! And Nicola Scott is brilliant as always

#10 Posted by Sawcesome (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing this only leaves me wondering what could have been if James would have stayed on the book longer. I'd imagine this last arc will not help this feeling.

Looks great

#11 Posted by jorelliot (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicola Scott's art is amazing! I wish I was a bigger Robinson fan though. But I do still enjoy the title

#12 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Hawkgirl doesn't get phased out and has just as much of a role within the team as the others.

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (11874 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that cover and Earth 2 >>>>>>> JL

#14 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great!

#15 Posted by akbogert (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate this question.

The only interest I have in Earth 2 is seeing her, because she was a character in Injustice I knew nothing about and want to read.

Well, I say "only" interest, but Tom Taylor coming in will change that.

#16 Posted by wisesonAC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

so hawkgirl is nowhere to be seen and so is Mister Terrific....awesome

#17 Posted by dondave (35942 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

And you got all that from a 4-page preview?

#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh this book just seems to be so awesome with each and every issue. Can't wait for it! Love the world of Earth 2 in New 52!

#20 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

I <3 Nicola Scott art.

#21 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox said:

@wisesonac said:

Well yes, from this preview you can not see Hawkgirl or Mr. T

See what I did there huh? huh? ....anyone? LOL

#22 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my favorite comic on the shelves right now. I only hope and pray that Batman will not become all Batman-y and that Tom Taylor continues to deliver amazingness that Robinson is doing now.

#23 Posted by EnigmaLantern (720 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always debated whether to pick up this series or not, this preview is starting to make me want to get it, I'm just worried that it might not be consistent.. is it?

#24 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@stormbox said:

@wisesonac said:

Well yes, from this preview you can not see Hawkgirl or Mr. T

See what I did there huh? huh? ....anyone? LOL

-_-

Ok, you win this time

#25 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@enigmalantern said:

I've always debated whether to pick up this series or not, this preview is starting to make me want to get it, I'm just worried that it might not be consistent.. is it?

Oh yes, this series is very consistent, IMO. Each issue is a continuing of the previous events mapped out in the issue prior. There have not been any filler issues (causing folk to waste money). The story flows really well too.

On the downside, at least to me, Batman (who died in the begining of the series) has been reintroduced. One of the things that appealed to me about the book, was the fact that it did not focus on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

#26 Posted by dagmar_merrill (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

Would this be a good issue to start reading Earth 2?

#27 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21335 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: yes, but I recommend reading the earlier stuff to. Because its all good.

#28 Posted by Dernman (14888 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by KomicKev (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the stories and characters in Earth 2 more than anything else in the regular, "New" DC 52.

#30 Posted by modunhanul (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cover.

#31 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanted to like this book but guess it's just not for me.

#32 Posted by dngn4774 (2941 posts) - - Show Bio

@komickev: To be fair most of the other new 52 books have to worry about screwing up the continuity for the other authors, since this is within an entirely separate universe Earth 2 has a much greater creative advantage than most other mainstream DC titles.

#33 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover is so cool.

#34 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover is worth the issue itself...F'in epic!!

#36 Edited by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: You see, now I'm not sure who to believe. She's not dead?

#38 Edited by RockyIII (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read earth 2, but that art is amazing

#39 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6570 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks exciting.

#40 Posted by likehook02 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

my best friend's mother makes $85 hourly on the laptop. She has been without a job for six months but last month her income was $16462 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this web site ======WEP6.COM======

#41 Posted by Hit_Monkey (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they look gangster as all Hell.

Yeah they do.

#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 is one of those books that do just enough to keep you around and I'm hoping this is the beginning of everything coming together.

#43 Posted by veronicacris (111 posts) - - Show Bio

this book is getting better

#45 Posted by Metron144 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Lamenoire (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@metron144: she is in China, trying to uncover hat happened to Sam (Alan's boyfriend)

#47 Posted by Kid_Nacho (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@enigmalantern said:

Oh yes, this series is very consistent, IMO. Each issue is a continuing of the previous events mapped out in the issue prior. There have not been any filler issues (causing folk to waste money). The story flows really well too.

On the downside, at least to me, Batman (who died in the begining of the series) has been reintroduced. One of the things that appealed to me about the book, was the fact that it did not focus on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

It's definitely worth a read, as it does a good job of introducing and balancing the various characters, whilst tweaking their origins significantly enough so that they're not semi-updated/copies of the original (like the Ultimates universe in Marvel).

The team has done a really good job of making Earth 2 extremely distinct from it's mainstream counterpart, and that always adds a layer of interest, as you find yourself reading sometimes just to see what's different. Considering how the first two issues pulled no punches in regards to what happened to certain characters, I'd definitely recommend picking it up

#48 Posted by m1a9t9t2 (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@metron144: she is in China, trying to uncover hat happened to Sam (Alan's boyfriend)

That's a relief. I really liked her