Exclusive Preview: DOCTOR STRANGE #1

• 52 results
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm in the same boat. The preview seems uninspired (it doesn't help that Bachallo's art is hit and miss).. I'm fine with new takes on established characters, but bad writing is still bad writing.

I already have an idea of how they aim to handle his re-branding.

They'll go out of their way to make him young and "hip", and try to make him the typical brand of quirky they've been pushing lately. He'll also have a very topical issue he has to address (it's typically a toss up between feminism, the environment, or gay rights) and he'll support the most progressive approach. He'll be "very relatable" and cool all while juggling a heavy arsenal of "clever" quips and painfully awkward dialogue.

lol I wouldn't be surprised if they completely ignore the fact that Hickman left Strange at a pretty... let's morally ambiguous state, but it'll need to be whitewashed for the sake of fitting Dr. Cumberbatch's upcoming portrayal whatever it's going to be.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By shinobi62676

The art reminds me of Beetlejuice; here's hoping they don't overplay the quirkiness like they've been doing with near every Marvel book in recent late.