Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL #29

(W) Gerry Duggan, Brian Posehn (A) John Lucas (CA) Declan Shalvey

WHAT DID HE SEE?

An Original Sin Tie-In! The shocking truth about Deadpool's family comes to light, and everything you thought you knew about the Merc With the Mouth is about to change.

Nobody knows the full story of Deadpool's origin, or what happened to his family - even Wade himself. Manipulated at the hands of Butler and the brutal Weapon Plus program, Wade Wilson was transformed into the indestructible killing machine known as Deadpool.

But there is more to the story. Before being fully indoctrinated by Butler's offshoot of Weapon Plus once and for all, all ties to Wade's past had to be severed. Now, thanks to the energies of The Watcher's all-seeing eyes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Adsit and Preston have uncovered the terrible secret of Deadpool's family. And the shocking truth about their fate will shake you to your core!

What horrors lay in Deadpool's past? And what will happen if they come to light? The earth-shattering truth about Deadpool's family and their gruesome fate stand revealed!

Item Code: MAR140636 In Shops: 5/28/2014 SRP: $3.99

Staff
#1 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22344 posts) - - Show Bio

So Deadpool is married with this chick for real?

Online
#2 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Mike Hawthorne was drawing it. I'm not a big fan of John Lucas's art.

#3 Edited by murderpool (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick sick sick. I can't wait for more of dp's past to come to light!

And how he will handle it...

#4 Posted by Sighburr_Punk (221 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this, I really hope they don't break DP and his waifu up, I'm enjoying their relationship.

#5 Posted by sparty-dbq (803 posts) - - Show Bio

The little dolly Shiklah on the recap page is adorable.

#6 Posted by Wowlock (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me or her design is a bit different here ? Also , I never thought I would be this involved with a relationship in a Deadpool title but They might be my favorite. ( which means they probably gonna break them up just to ''MORE DRAMA ' '' !! )... God damn you Marriage hating editors.

#8 Posted by Krypton-115 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since I saw that cover I'm suspecting one messed up thing. I'm calling it: young Wade killed his own parents.

#9 Posted by thewalkingdeadpool18 (386 posts) - - Show Bio

For once can we have something big happening in a character life like marriage not be retconned comic book writers? i really like their marriage

#10 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since I saw that cover I'm suspecting one messed up thing. I'm calling it: young Wade killed his own parents.

I'm pretty sure when have seen his dad in another volume before..

Online
#11 Edited by BuNKiTZ (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Err... not a fan of the art. I'd love to see Declan Shalvey work on the book again :<

#12 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

That into is just freaking adorable.

Also, when did Deadpool get a Wave Motion Gun?

#13 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

That into is just freaking adorable.

Also, when did Deadpool get a Wave Motion Gun?

Online
#14 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2567 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#16 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2567 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (42465 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this book supposed to go past issue 50?

Online
#19 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2567 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (42465 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That is what Posehn and Duggan are saying.

F%cking awesome. This book is pretty sweet(Underrated gem), and it's nice to see Wade in a long ongoing.

Online
#22 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill said:

@wolverine08: That is what Posehn and Duggan are saying.

F%cking awesome. This book is pretty sweet(Underrated gem), and it's nice to see Wade in a long ongoing.

Yup, Duggan also said they're preparing for another HUGE story akin to The Good, the Bad & the Ugly which is supposed to happen around issue 50. I'm already pretty hype for it.

Online
#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (42465 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@wolverine08: That is what Posehn and Duggan are saying.

F%cking awesome. This book is pretty sweet(Underrated gem), and it's nice to see Wade in a long ongoing.

Yup, Duggan also said they're preparing for another HUGE story akin to The Good, the Bad & the Ugly which is supposed to happen around issue 50. I'm already pretty hype for it.

Now all we need is a good Deadpool movie to seal the deal.

Online
#24 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill said:

@wolverine08 said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@wolverine08: That is what Posehn and Duggan are saying.

F%cking awesome. This book is pretty sweet(Underrated gem), and it's nice to see Wade in a long ongoing.

Yup, Duggan also said they're preparing for another HUGE story akin to The Good, the Bad & the Ugly which is supposed to happen around issue 50. I'm already pretty hype for it.

Now all we need is a good Deadpool movie to seal the deal.

One day.

Online