• 51 results
Posted by G-Man (36811 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotham City isn't the most pleasant place in the DC Universe and Catwoman is going to find herself in the Badlands, where the subsidized housing projects are. When Catwoman gets a tip there's going to be a murder, she decides to head over there. The annual will be tying into the regular series.

Check out this exclusive preview courtesy of DC Comics.

CATWOMAN ANNUAL #1

It’s Cat vs. Bird for the dark heart of Gotham City! Kicking off an explosive new storyline that continues into CATWOMAN, Selina must choose work for a master—or pay a high price for her freedom!

Written by: Ann Nocenti

Art by: Christian Duce, Aaron Lopresti, John Livesay

Cover by: Emanuela Lupacchino

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 48

U.S. Price: 4.99

On Sale Date: May 29 2013

#1 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

That first panel is ridiculous he's standing on air!

#2 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo hoo, I look forward to something that'll induce vomiting next week. What is wrong with DC that they keep giving Nocenti work?

#3 Posted by TaylorEspo (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Pages look good.

#4 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very boring preview

#5 Edited by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Po-po?...

#6 Edited by Sakurafire (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Those must be some special rockets to make that much of an explosion and no gibletize that dude or break some of the pavement.

#7 Edited by mpgeist (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to absolutely hate Ann Nocenti's writing again!

#8 Posted by corpsecraft (55 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm scared."
"Relax kid."
*explosion*

Good writing.

#9 Posted by Mini_Bat (102 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is pretty good but, my head freaking hurts after trying to reading that

#10 Posted by bladewolf (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Nocenti's writing may be terrible, but at least the art is good.

#11 Posted by ptigrusmagus (494 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad Sandoval isn't drawing this annual, his Catwoman is sexy. I don't mind Nocenti writing this series and I generally like Selina and her roomie. Its not a blockbuster of a book but its not crap either. Its just a fun comic about one of Batman's allies/antiheroes/"Dance partners". Why so serious, this series isn't supposed to be an exposition of all that is deep and meaningful in the DCU. Its supposed to be FUN, and it has been, remember when that was what mattered most?

#12 Posted by jwalser3 (5182 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm scared."

"Relax kid."

*explosion*

Good writing.

Seriously.

#13 Edited by Ghidoran (73 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh.

Ughh.

Ughhh.

Can we get Ed Brubaker back on Catwoman again, por favor?

#15 Edited by TommytheHitman (3312 posts) - - Show Bio

So Catwoman has breast implants on the cover. This book seems so boring...

#16 Edited by Billy Batson (58171 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Ugh.

Ughh.

Ughhh.

While he had a good run, I'd rather want new blood. Plus he's given up on cape comics for the time being :p

BB

#17 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Ugh.

Ughh.

Ughhh.

#18 Edited by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Ugh.

Ughh.

Ughhh.

While he had a good run, I'd rather want new blood. Plus he's given up on cape comics for the time being :p

BB

Shut up and stop making sense, Billy. God, what's wrong with you?

(Don't remind me...goes off to cry about Black Widow and Winter Soldier)

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (58171 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_:

The second big trade of Bru's Catwoman run is coming out in a month if that's something :p

BB

#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

One of these days, I'll see that this book has been cancelled or Nocenti isn't writing it... and I'll be happy.

#22 Posted by kennybaese (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when it was announced that Nocenti was starting work over at DC, everyone was excited because some of her Marvel stuff was supposed to be quite good. According to her CV page, she was even nominated to an Eisner. This seems like some really terrible writing for someone who was nominated for an Eisner.

#23 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing or Batwoman deserved Catwoman's spot for the annual.

#24 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonky dialogue

At least it's pretty.

#25 Edited by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

One of these days, I'll see that this book has been cancelled or Nocenti isn't writing it... and I'll be happy.

Yup! As much as I adore Catwoman (the character), I'd rather her have no ongoing than what's been done for her so far.

it's been fanservice after fanservice, mischaracterization after mischaracterization and letdown after letdown.

If you can't get it right, don't do it at all.

#26 Edited by victorcheenoanleu (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else notice she was redesigned for the cover? True story on the writing though, I just love Catwoman too much to drop the title, I hope that one day, maybe, just maybe they will replace Ann.

#27 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe this title isn't canceled yet. Sorry just not a fan, I think that there are many characters at DC who are better suited for a title.

#28 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe this title outsells Animal Man

#29 Posted by Perfect 10 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

cant they put nocenti on something i dont read/slash dont care about like batman and give catwoman back to judd winick and gillen march? hey if she can ruin my girl only fair she gets to make someone else's life miserable

#30 Edited by DarkLynx13 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of rockets were those.. and to get him up in the air did they blow up his butt? And the people getting a popsicle.. in the bad lands.. when rockets are flying at a guy and 2 guys in suits standing there???? WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!? I hear a car backfire and I hit the ground depending on the neighborhood..

#31 Edited by HexThis (903 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my effing god, why the hell does every single m-effing artist have Catwoman zip down her costume well past her cleavage and have her put up her goggles like damn sunglasses?

It looks so tacky. I am so sick of it.

#32 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

A sightly off-topic but just curious how often do the annual comic book (in general) gets release? Isn't it like once a year or something along the line?

#33 Posted by Red_Robin212 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit I liked Winnick's run (I loved the Dollhouse arc) but good god I hate Nocenti's writing (Both Catwoman & Green Arrow).

#34 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is cool. I've been wanting to drop this book. I was actually going to do so after this annual, but Noooo DC has to read my mind and know how to keep me on board or something. The next few covers have the Dodsons doing them. I love the Dodson's art.

I hate Nocenti's writing on this book. I really enjoyed Winnick's run. I didn't see a problem with his run. I really hope they switch up the creative team on this book in the fall.

#35 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't be any worse than the ongoing

#36 Posted by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

cant they put nocenti on something i dont read/slash dont care about like batman and give catwoman back to judd winick and gillen march? hey if she can ruin my girl only fair she gets to make someone else's life miserable

THIS.

#37 Edited by Mezmero (959 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure sure why but I thought Catwoman wore heels with her costume. Boots look kind of weird on her for some reason. Maybe I'm just sexist. Also does she just drag her whip behind her all the time?

#38 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF is with her hair? It looks like it was cut with a dull cleaver. Seriously, if you can't find an artist who can do short hair well, change that dreadful hairstyle dammit!

And that is seriously god awful wardrobe for someone who wore Vuitton in TDKR. Paging Lindy Hemming.

#39 Posted by bloggerboy (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Ugh.

Ughh.

Ughhh.

#40 Edited by ticklefist (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure some of you guys wouldn't buy a Catwoman comic no matter who wrote it.

#41 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure some of you guys wouldn't buy a Catwoman comic no matter who wrote it.

not true. look at green arrow. it had a horrible start but now, with another writer, it is great. and people buy it.

#42 Posted by sparty-dbq (820 posts) - - Show Bio

A missile explosion in the middle of a city street kills a guy had everyone is like "Eh, how 'bout that?"

Also, the "Rat-Tails?!" Are you fricking kidding me?! God, this book is a mess.

#43 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Ann Nocenti still have a job?

#44 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually have bought the Brubaker issues, they're fantastic. It's just that Catwoman is usually a c-tier series, and they don't bother putting actual talent on it because fans of the character will buy it no matter what, because boobs. So, actually, pretty much exactly the opposite of what you're saying.

#45 Edited by ticklefist (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@larrydavis said:

@ticklefist said:

I actually have bought the Brubaker issues, they're fantastic. It's just that Catwoman is usually a c-tier series, and they don't bother putting actual talent on it because fans of the character will buy it no matter what, because boobs. So, actually, pretty much exactly the opposite of what you're saying.

No, I'm pretty sure some of these people still wouldn't buy it if it had an A-list creative team.

#46 Edited by BR_Havoc (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

I am always confused when Winick was writing this book it was hated and now that Nocenti is writing it everyone is saying how good Winick was? I quit after issue 8 so I have no opinion on Nocenti's work but the book was terrible before as well.

#47 Edited by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

So Catwoman has breast implants on the cover. This book seems so boring...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudy

#48 Posted by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Ann Nocenti still have a job?

probably blowing someone pretty high up on the DC offices.

#49 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

She finally zipped up that fucking costume? Thank the Spectre

#50 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus the writing is so bad