Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

CATWOMAN #30

(W) Ann Nocenti (A) Pat Olliffe (CA) Terry Dodson, Rachel Dodson

"The Race of Outlaws" begins! Despite her best efforts, Selina Kyle just can't stop being Catwoman. What's dragged her back into the catsuit? A globe-trotting contest that will have her competing to earn the prize for being the best thief in the world. But watch out, Catwoman - there's no honor among thieves!

Item Code: FEB140210 In Shops: 4/23/2014 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Interesting

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ughhhhh can we get Nocenti off this title so that they can do a soft-reboot of it and I can start reading again?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've fallen behind on Catwoman. What's happening now?

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They should get a new writer and relaunch it. They should've done that with Green Arrow too. And Batwing should've gotten a relaunch as New Batwing.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we really need a Catwoman comic? No Martian Manhunter, No Cyborg,No Static Shock, but a Catwoman series? No need it's only being made because of Batmans crazy popularity every freaking Batman characters needs a book i like Batwoman,Batgirl,Nightwing,and Batwing (obviously Batman) but please the rest is unecessary give us some new titles with different characters DC! This is DCs biggest problem! They don't have faith in their characters and don't bother with new character titles! While Marvel is giving us tons of B and C list characters getting solo comics.It's hard to say DC has alot of good characters if you don't give those characters time to shine.

@denn979 Green Arrow as of issue 17 is great dude.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: static failed cyborg doesn't have any villans and nobody cares about martian man hunter.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been ready to drop this book for months and o ly held out this long because of the art, not sure I like the writer at all

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CaptainHoopla

@g_man: Maybe it's just me, but it seems DC continually gives Comic Vine the exclusive previews to their worst titles. You need to butter somebody up over there.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1:

Retry Static. Give Cyborg villians how can he have villians when you don't devolp the character at all or give him the spotlight or trust him enough to carry his own series. Are you kidding? Maybe in your crappy opinion but most know how awesome a character MM is and how much potential a character like him has for a solo series.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@denn979 said:

They should get a new writer and relaunch it. They should've done that with Green Arrow too. And Batwing should've gotten a relaunch as New Batwing.

That IS exactly what happened with Green Arrow, new writer and a "soft reboot" as of the 17th issue and it became the best book DC is publishing. And I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "New Batwing," but that series also got some new writers and something of an in-story reboot

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Yes they need to give it a soft reboot. Its rather ridiculous that the best Catwoman is in other books like Batman Eternal and Batman.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Dem abs. <3

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@denn979 said:

They technically did. The only difference is the didn't go from #1

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesnt look too bad.

Is Scott Snyder going to be writing some issues or is he using Selina for just Batman and Batman Eternal?

Mistah_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: what I meant was relaunching it at 17 instead of continuing, not relaunching it now

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Oh my god Nocenti still writes this?

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denn979:

Oh, I read like issue 1 pure trash but people told as of issue 17 it's great so i bought volume 4. Sure it kind of continue Green Arrows story but you really get the sense of a new good quality writer along wit the best art DC is putting out because it's not the same old generic crap they fill their comics with to help "the feel of the same universe" As they put it.

Mistah_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Catwoman is thee iconic female antihero and deserves her own book, and she deserves to have an A list book. I've been fed up with this book since Nocenti since issue 15. Catwoman #25 - Zero Year: Before the Claws Come Out was a breath of fresh air at least. Aaron Lopresti's art was just what the doctor ordered. I literally kissed one panel.

Ann Nocenti being the writer of Catwoman and there being no end in sight, is a genuine source of frustration for me. At least Catwoman is still awesome in other books. I don't understand why this damn publisher insists on Ann Nocenti being on this book. Lawd help me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Sadly the best thing about Catwoman these days are the covers.

@mistah_b: @themightymazahs said:

@madeinbangladesh: I don't know why she isn't gone. Occasionally, other writers get an issue and it just makes all the difference. The series is bad, yes, but I think they're keeping it around because it ties into most Batman titles. Hopefully Marguerite Bennett gets her hands on this series.

The rumor is that Nocenti remains on this book to make DC look politically correct by having women writers on the list.

That might change however since Azzarello has vented his wish to write Catwoman when he's done with Wonder Woman.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Do we really need a Catwoman comic? No Martian Manhunter, No Cyborg,No Static Shock, but a Catwoman series?

As if a Cyborg series would be any better.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viin said:

Doesnt look too bad.

Is Scott Snyder going to be writing some issues or is he using Selina for just Batman and Batman Eternal?

I think Synder's just writing Selina in Batman and Batman: Eternal, but I guess that could change later on in the year. No rumours to suggest otherwise however.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

I think a Cyborg series could be awesome. Most don't because like most DC characters DC doesn't devolp him as a character so like so many others people just think of them as bad characters or only good in groups. He's been written great before and is an awesome concept give him some damn villians or have him fight someone elses whch is common in DC and let us get to know the damn character. But no at DC if you're not in the Batfamily or Superfamily or aren't one of the main 6 Justice Leaugers chances are you won't have a solo series or any devolpment as a character because DC. Catwoman comic is uneccessary only made because of Batmans popularity she isn't adding anything were not getting way better in the rest of the Batfamily. While Cyborg would be his own cool thing. Not like Catwoman has cool villians so if you give Cyborg villians it couldn't be much worse then Catwomans. You could do a story on villians making cyborgs and give him Cyborg villians. Maybe a little generic to have him fight basically evil versions of his concept but that's alot of DC. Pretty much the entire Bat-family and Super-famil is that. Then there's things like Zod, and Owlman.

DC has been doing so much stupid crap lately their not doing anything for me to like them lately and i love alot of DC characters so i want them to go back to being good. Sure there's some good series in the New 52 but alot of crap and hardly any solo series. Their live action movies or movie to be more accurate sucks. MOS 2 sounds like a trainwreck. They cancelled their good show for TT Go an Beware the crap man. DC is doing so much dumb crap lately.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really wish we could get DeConnick, Brubaker or Rucka on this book.

SebastianBP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themightymazahs: same here. She's never grasped that Selina is the best at what she does. She's not some petty low rent thief. She should be on par with Thomas Crowne, at home in Bruce Wayne's world going for the glam million dollar art and jewels, not competing with scum trying to move a truckload of stereos.

SebastianBP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SebastianBP

@whisper_: I absolutely agree on the reboot, but Brubaker is the worst thing that ever happened to Selina. Since New 52 failed to give her any of the stature she should have, I went the fan fiction route. Cat-Tales consistently delivers the Selina I always wanted, and the Bruce in that series is head and shoulders above most of the crap we've seen in recent years from DC titles. @themightymazahs: same here. Nocenti has never grasped that Selina is the best at what she does. She's not some petty low rent thief. She should be on par with Thomas Crowne, at home in Bruce Wayne's world going for the glam million dollar art and jewels, not competing with scum trying to move a truckload of stereos.

alistaircrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18:

Hells yes we do! Catwoman is the most iconic female Bat character of all time. And generally, she's just a fantastic character. She takes what she wants and doesn't let anything stop her. Plus, she has Batman wrapped around her finger, which is awesome because he's so damn righteous. Selina is a multi-faceted and compelling character and more than capable of carrying her own title. I have been buying comics on a monthly basis ever since her original series debuted in July 1993. I own every issue, annual, special, miniseries, etc. from that volume, this volume and the Brubaker volume. We need more books like Catwoman, not less.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistaircrane:

Well i completely disagree with what you just said but eh, opinions you're clearly a big fan of Catwoman. I think the character is overall mediocre but has her moments but this crappy comic is not at all needed and supports even more how if you're not in the Bat-family or Sups-family DC doesn't give much a crap about you except for the other 4 main leaguers.

MeteorMelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely ANYTHING is better than Brubaker's trash, but it has to be said, Nocenti has made a mess of the title. I'd also like to see a reboot. Perhaps revisit what Judd Winnick WANTED to do with the New 52. It's clear from the pages Guillem March revealed that they weren't changed because they were racy, they represent a complete change in story, tone, and Bruce/Selina relationship than what we got with Issue #3. How about an end to the editorial interference and let Selina shine as the sexy escapist fun she should be without the agenda from on high.