Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

BIRDS OF PREY #30

(W) Christy Marx (A) Jonathan Glapion, Robson Rocha (CA) Jorge Molina

As her teammates fall, only Black Canary stands between the utterly helpless Mother Eve and Ra's al Ghul. If she stands aside, her husband will be saved. If she refuses to fold, everybody else will die! What can she possibly do?

Item Code: FEB140209 In Shops: 4/16/2014 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By Zelos797

It is funny how Batgirl says that they are barely holsing their own against assasina and yet she does not get hit even once while fighting so much of them at the same time...

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love how Batgirl uses Tonfas and Nightwing uses Escrimas. Just seeing the them display their fighting abilities with those similar, but at the same time, different weapon is pretty damn awesome.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I had no idea this book was still being published.

hamlet33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hamlet33

Forget Kurt. Go with Arrow!!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#5  Edited By SynCig

I really like some of the characters in this book but I have not heard many good things about it. Which is a shame.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@hamlet33:

She tried. But he used his powers to put his image when she used her Canary Cry and later make her loose control of Canary Cry (several times) and almost killing everybody around it because he want revenge (even though it was first time that she use her Canary Cry and didnt know what would happen after the use of Canary Cry) .But it is Dinah, she cares about almost everyone. As for Ollie, he didnt met yet and only connection is that she was supose to be one of 3 members that Amanda Waller want join JLA due to her expirence and powers and they worked with Katana. I think should date Deathstroke, they would make a good couple.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig:

It is ok but still is underdog but at least it is better than Catwoman or even Teen Titans. It is about mostly female members and most of them arent knowed.

The only problem are that Starling as the new Huntress and team always change their member on every arc and also Dinah dealing with Kurt´s death happens almost every issue (Possibel one of the longest "arc" aside Wonder Woman Arc ´s First Born). On first Black Canary with Starling invited Katana and Posion Ivy to join and Batgirl rejoin the group (Having rivality with Poison Ivy of course but only firsts issues). On second Posion Ivy goes crazy and leaves the team. On third Katana leaves (due to she would become JLA member) and Strix and Condor join next. 4 arc Starling (who was working for Amanda Waller) betrays the group with Mister Freeze.

HempKnight757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I really like the look of these art. The ink & colors really makes it look good. I am only familiar with Glapion. Very good ink work.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ugh... That is NOT Black Canary.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I like this book. Read it every month. But I loves me some Batgirl. and am fan of Black Canary as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@vitalius: I haven't read the New 52 Birds of Prey in a while, but one of the main things that made me stop reading was Dinah's characterization. She changed from a cool, capable, confident leader into a meek, insecure throwaway character with a generic dime-a-dozen backstory and a lackluster redesign. As a big fan of Pre-Flashpoint Dinah, I was just really disappointed with how much she's been changed in this series. All in my opinion, of course.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akindoodle

@supbatz said:

@vitalius: I haven't read the New 52 Birds of Prey in a while, but one of the main things that made me stop reading was Dinah's characterization. She changed from a cool, capable, confident leader into a meek, insecure throwaway character with a generic dime-a-dozen backstory and a lackluster redesign. As a big fan of Pre-Flashpoint Dinah, I was just really disappointed with how much she's been changed in this series. All in my opinion, of course.

Apart from the lack of Oracle, Zinda and Huntress or at least, similar characters, that is also my problem with this series. I know I sound demanding but this used to be one of the best team books DC put out. WHAT HAPPENED?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle:

The problem with New 52 Black Canary is that she is fusion of Dinah Drake and Dinah Lance and all her problems are connected to Kurt Lance, and to make worst he is main reponsible to what is happen to Dinah aside Amanda Waller. Aside from that she still is Dinah Lance. Her skill are bit downgrade but she still decent character. She build her costume (or someone did), to support her physical skills(mainly her moviments and havind a decent armor and protection). Her Canary Cry has showed to be more useful. She invited Katana to have more fightning power since Batgirl didnt aprove Starling and Black Canary being framed as morder and didnt be with them. Invite Poison Ivy because BOP were dealing with The Cleaners whom were using unknown chemicals and Posion Ivy is na expert and immune in the field. She still very caring with people, like with Batgirl and rest of BOP and even normal, she even defend Poison Ivy after Posion Ivy sacrefice herself to save BOP and Batman saying that BC shouldnt trust her. As for her Origin, her past orgins has been the same, Mother Canary didnt want her be crimefighter, she puts her mother costume and decides to fight crime and train martial arts. Give time, when Kurt´s Arc is over, we probably will get The pretty bird that everybody loves and hopefully she wont date neither telepaths or arrows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz:

Huntress (Berteneli) is dead and Zinda doesnt exist. Starling has great addiction to BOP, she was cool funny and serious characters and very useful wild-card on team. Well Titans compete with X-men and now teen titans sucked. Gail Simone doesnt write BOP anymore which make a bit different. Plus they dont have the old frenemies like all mighty Lady Shiva or the cool and mysterious characters like Cheshire and White Canary. Instead they fight street level criminal groups.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: I don't think she's even MET Green Arrow in the N52 and Kurt's a telepath? I didn't know that. It's been SOO long since I read the series. I think I stopped when Jesus Saiz stopped doing the art. He was the only thing keeping me after all. My sister hates the N52 Black Canary and I'm just really confused by her origin. I guess it's because the original Birds of Prey is what got the pair of us into comics in the first place. It'll always hold a special spot in my heart; I really miss the old Birds.

Avatar image for superboyprimema
SuperBoyPrimeMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool to have this comic plot as a growing subplot in the Arrow series, a great way to bring the League of Assassin's back into the main plotarc of Arrow and further develop the stories of the Birds of Prey; introducing the Bat family into the series as well, starting with Batgirl

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

This book really needs to get on from this whole Kurt Lance thing, its a boring story to begin with and it makes one of the most kick-ass ladies of DC look totally useless. But then again, hasn't this team spent almost all of the 30 issues getting played by and dragged along after other people?

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@vitalius: I started reading Birds of Prey. It is ok, but damn, it is highly addictive.

One thing that I noticed is that Black Canary should have her own comic series apart from Birds. Its all obvious and looking DC right in the face. Hopefully they move on that during this next new wave after ForeverEvil.

Also, no way in hell is Birds better than Catwoman. Especially seeing what Ann is capable of after reading her Gotham Underground storyline.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: Kurt Lance have mental powers which he use to plant mental images on Black Canary and make her scream, make solstice ´s body look normal by using ilusion and also make a person cancel powers with his mind. Yes Arrow and Canary didnt meet yet, thank god, Dinah doesnt need dealing with Olie´s issues that soon. Sure isnt original BOP, but the team has potencial and Gail Simone already worked with almost all the characters on new 52. Since on Batgirl´s tittle, both Strix and Black Canary already appear on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy:

Sure most of plots could be better if Black Canary ´s issues had been dealing within her own solo book. It is kind of sad when Katana and Vibe had their own solo series and Black Canary didnt (Vibe was good and intreresting and Katana was bad in the end ).

I think when Kurt´s Arc is over, the book could be better. The team have still very untap potencial .But we have to wait since after this, Canary and the Birds are going to war against Amanda Waller and her Suicide Squad. Maybe next crossover will be with Red Hood and the Outlaws ?

Some issues of Catwoman were a bit awful. I liked the first issues and even liked the night of owls crossover.

(One of the things that i liked on tittle, is that teams members are all mighty powerful and most are wild cards.)

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang:

Uh more DC world filled with Supermans and try to make Batwoman seem useful or like she's needed at all and not a lunatic dressing up trying to be a hero in a world with Supermans.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: What does Batwoman and Superman have anything to do with what's happening in the preview other than they live in the same world?

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang:

That it's DC in a nutshell normal human beings in a world with Supermans and they try to make them seem useful and the make them unbeliviably op and their just humans. DC is so inconsistant in multiple ways.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NightFang3

@thewalkingdeadpool18: And what you think Marvel is any better and what makes anyone in this preview seem overpowered? This just seem like you're overreacting over something normal in hero comics.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang:

Marvel does everything better then DC except TV and Animation.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@nightfang:

Trolling? Learn what that word means. i love both DC and Marvel. But one is unargubly better in movies. I feel like neither are far enough in videog games to judge who wins at gaming but if i had to choose then DC. IMO New 52 is just filled with problems is was a halfa**** P***y reboot that caused more problems then it started,filled with n efed up timelines and mediocrity. The reboot had so much potential. Also why do so many few non Batman or Superman characters have solo series? Have some faith in your damn characters DC, Marvel is giving us Doop for goodness sakes. DC has been pretty bad the last few years with some good things in DC.

lars_maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lars_maximus

@thewalkingdeadpool18:

Agree with you on the comparison. DC lost me at Final Crisis, which is much better or more plausible than God King Hercules and the Chaos War fiasco, but Final Crisis eliminated the New Gods, who always were underappreciated and was another example of Superman-to-the-rescuism (and Batman-to-the-rescuism) to bring a situation that spiralled beyond sense to a close by making Superman/Batman unbeatable. Marvel does stupid retconning also but they do it on specialty characters that rarely appear rather than an entire universe (generally). How is New52 still going on? Marvel had the Ultimate series but that is clearly in an alternate reality. New52 seems needlessly confusing with its multiple characters sharing a name/role. I feel like DC banks so much support behind its core 10-15 superheroes and 5 titles and then best of luck to the rest. Its a business model, yeah, but Marvel does give more light to lesser known characters, like Thanos Imperative (I would say more non-DC readers are aware of Darkseid than non-Marvel readers are of Thanos). DC is superior in animation, the DC films are always entertaining if non-canon and non-sensical. I also don't like calling Captain Marvel, Shazam. He was the first Captain Marvel, and its his magic word. How can he introduce himself? Both companies suck for resurrecting the dead, although I liked the Black Lanterns arc and how it was handled versus how Marvel resurrects characters like Jean Grey (is being handled well with the original X-Men time travel to the present). Big crossovers and alternate realities go to Marvel and animation in films and tv go to DC. All the movie adaptations fail.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@supbatz said:

Very much this. She isn't the same character, she just has the same name. She should just be given her old personality and her own solo title in my opinion.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lars_maximus:

Oh, I know both Marvel and DC are both guilty of the bringing back the dead thing but Marvel has been doing it with 75 year old history. DC completely rebooted it should've been a chance to try new things in DC really reinvent DC try to change comics etc. They've hardly even made any new characters let alone change anything. Basically just a bunch of retelling. New 52 was a halfa**ed reboot not having the balls to fully reboot so they just basically take some of DCs history and lore out while keeping other causing a messed up timeline and overall boring DC univerese. I agree with most of what you said about the New 52.

"I feel like DC banks so much support behind its core 10-15 superheroes and 5 titles and then best of luck to the rest"

You don't know how much truth is in that statement. Get rid of the Bat-family and Supes-family and count how many characters actually have their own series. Superman,Batman,Green Arrow,Aquaman,Flash,Wonder Woman,Swamp-thing,Green Lantern and.......

While Marvel is doing a great job at giving basically all non crap characters a chance to shine. We have a Doop series!

IDK about that last part of your comment though. I'm not quite sure what you mean by crossovers like Transformers and Marvel? Animation without a doubt goes to DC but Marvel destroy DC in live action movies. The MCU is great while DC only has one movie in their universe and it was mixed recieved at best. Marvels movies are great and seemed to be going that way for years and years to come. DC is having trouble getting BvsS off the ground. Which is another point like the comics they only focus on the two poster boys not giving other characters a shot. WW gets shoehorned into a BvsS movie which was already shoehorning Batman into a MOS sequal.