Posted by G-Man (30673 posts) - - Show Bio

The Birds of Prey barely survived their encounter with a Talon during the Night of the Owls crossover. Unfortunately there was a casualty. In order to defeat the Talon facing them, an already injured Poison Ivy played a big role in putting the Talon on ice. Now it's time for the team to return the favor and help out Ivy but of course it won't be as easy as that sounds.

And get ready for a guest appearance from a certain pointy eared hero in this exclusive preview for next week's issue.

THE BIRDS bring a gravely injured POISON IVY to the Amazon hoping to help rejuvenate her, but they’re going to need her help more to stay alive! Welcome to the jungle indeed! • BLACK CANARY discovers something amazing about her powers!

BIRDS OF PREY #10

Written by Duane Swierczynski

Art and cover by Travel Foreman and Jeff Huet

On sale June 20, 2012

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i love this artist

#2 Edited by Fhiz (474 posts) - - Show Bio

"Pfft. Like you're the first guy in black rubber to tell me I need therapy?"

Starling is the best.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (23188 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually love this title and this incarnation of the Birds, at first,thought I'd HATE Starling, but she's now my favorite character out of them.

#4 Posted by thenexusrebound (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the art. Maybe it will grow on me, but I really liked Saiz style.

#5 Posted by Outside_85 (8177 posts) - - Show Bio

Foreman looked better on Animal Man, and why does Batman first line of dialogue have to be a balant insult? (Not to mention hypocritical.)

#6 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoying the title, Batgirl seems kinda unnecessary but it adds sales I guess.

#7 Posted by yo_yo_fun (642 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like the art.

#8 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the art either... but fortunately it isn't bad enough to deter me. I'm at least still interested in what happens to the characters

#9 Posted by The_Crimson_Bolt (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs Huntress!

And better art. I miss Ed Benes.

Shut up, Crime!

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

The art definitely dropped from what i remembered. I was thinking of picking this back up again since Babs is part of the team, but i dont know, BoP isn't the same without Huntress and I miss Lady Blackhawk, and of couse Gail Simone.

#11 Posted by bladewolf (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read this series before, but this actually looks pretty interesting.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how I feel about the art...

#13 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me, or does that panel where Black Canary's yelling about Ivy saving their lives remind anyone else of the Mummy?

#14 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

This series has been on my list since #1 and I am absolutely adoring it. Poison Ivy's inclusion is the perfect seasoning to this recipe and I can't WAIT to pick this up.

#15 Edited by Bobzenub (120 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't understand what problem do you guys have with the art, it looks fine from here.
#16 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is horrible. I really don't know how anyone can like it. How is Travel Foreman even hired? Technically from an artist standpoint, he is horrible. But I can understand how his meshy messy style can connect with a story for some readers. Then again, I don't understand how JRJR gets work either. He draws like a five year old.

#17 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4620 posts) - - Show Bio

"He's had a ROUGH couple days, Okay?"

Psss

That's like saying Superman is kind of a big deal.

(+)

#18 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

looking forward to reading this.

#19 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Art is awful

#20 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is too blotchy for my taste.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks fine to me...the blow up Canary has with Bats has me intrigued though.

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...I think I'm switching to trade for this one now.

#23 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever.

#24 Posted by Wowlock (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but missing the old Birds with Huntress / Old Canary and so forth. As for art, meh , it could be better.

#25 Posted by hyperman (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Crimson_Bolt said:

Needs Huntress!

And better art. I miss Ed Benes.

Shut up, Crime!

I totally agree. With the Huntress in, it'd be my dream team.

#26 Posted by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure Foreman is a good artist choice for this book.

#27 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks fine to me.

#28 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Foreman is drawing Poison ivy and Swierczynski's storyline is amazing, but I'm not so keen on how Foreman is drawing Canary, but apart from that I thinks he's doing an OK job.

#29 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599:

agreed

#30 Posted by blackkitty (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been giving it 10 issues because I loved birds of prey previous but, I just can't help but feel this series is just a poor imitation of the original. The character interaction is stiff and there's no sense of fun the first one had. And why... does the BLACK canary not wear a single stitch of black here?

#31 Posted by catgyrl (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel Foreman is one of the best artists in comic books right now - but really, really needs to stay on Animal Man, because the current penciller there is just WRONG. Most of the original New 52 artists were PERFECT where they were - good first instincts on management's part. Why is DC moving them around??

#32 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

this preview makes me want to stay far away from Bird of Prey