• 44 results
Posted by G-Man (30663 posts) - - Show Bio

BATWOMAN #26

Written by: Marc Andreyko

Art by: Jeremy Haun

Kate Kane's life has always been one of intrigue and adventure, but since she took on the mantle of Batwoman, things have been in overdrive with no sign of slowing down! Join us as Batwoman starts her next chapter and faces a threat that might just have her rethinking her career as a hero!

U.S. Price: 2.99

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

On Sale Date: Dec 31 2013

Staff
#1 Edited by longbowhunter (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

Fact: Wolf spiders kill brown recluse spiders.

#2 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter:

And brown recluse spider's venom is highly acidic and can leave severe burns. I know this because I was bitten on my big toe by one............. Not pleasant

#3 Posted by scouts1998 (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Que comments on how much everyone hates DC for editorial process with Batwoman, J.H Williams and Haden Blackman.

#4 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks pretty good. Yeah, its a shame that Blackman and Williams left the title. but at least they've gotten a seemingly good creative team as a replacement.

#5 Edited by dreamfall31 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give this new team at least one arc for me to decide whether or not I'll drop it!

#6 Posted by Perfect 10 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

wolf spider??? sigh oh well at least the art is a step up from the fill in we've been having.

"batwoman is about to face she's never fought before" lol i cant lol

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (6799 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15277 posts) - - Show Bio

Missing the art for sure, but after powering through Batwoman recently (as an early christmas gift :D)...love the character too much to at least not give the new creative team a shot.

#9 Posted by SynCig (389 posts) - - Show Bio

It is always difficult to accept a new creative team when the previous one was so beloved. The way the departure of Blackman and Williams III went down makes it even more difficult. Even still, I'll certainly be giving the new team a chance.

#10 Posted by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

This the same wolf spider from detective comics #19? in new 52?

#11 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the art is O.K. The writing seems a little weird like the last issue, but I can't figure out why. Not too impressed with the cover considering the mistakes with the costume, the fact that it has "The Menace Of The Wolf Spider!" on it, and that unexplained J.H. Williams plaque.

I'll give it a go though.

#12 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Here I thought the smart phone had replaced the wrist watch. Not in comics apparently.

#13 Posted by SupBatz (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks pretty good (interior art, not the cover art). And it's hard to get a feel for the writing from the first few pages. I'm reservedly optimistic.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32861 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter how good the creative team is I wouldn't read this on principle

#15 Posted by Renchamp (2289 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonlord53 said:

Here I thought the smart phone had replaced the wrist watch. Not in comics apparently.

Clunky wristwatches are an "it" thing right now. Art hipsters would so totally have one.

#16 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (7874 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Art looks pretty good (interior art, not the cover art). And it's hard to get a feel for the writing from the first few pages. I'm reservedly optimistic.

This

I hate that cover

#17 Edited by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

So are they just going to ignore the fact that the last JH Williams, III issue ended with her fighting Batman? Is that story arc just stopping there

#18 Posted by HollowPrince65 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited to see this. Should be good. We shall see what he has planned.

#19 Edited by HollowPrince65 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@me24601: we don't know where in the book this is. We'll have to see what they have planned. I'm sure they tied it up.

#20 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (788 posts) - - Show Bio
@me24601 said:

So are they just going to ignore the fact that the last JH Williams, III issue ended with her fighting Batman? Is that story arc just stopping there

It'll be wrapped up in an upcoming annual, but for the moment, yes, that arc was dropped. I can't speak to whether it was discussed on-panel or not as I tradewait Batwoman.

#21 Posted by CaptainHoopla (897 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be surprised if this book makes it another year.

#22 Edited by bladewolf (614 posts) - - Show Bio

On sale December 31? That isn't a Wednesday...

#23 Posted by Xwraith (15534 posts) - - Show Bio

On sale December 31? That isn't a Wednesday...

Wednesday is a holiday two weeks in a row.

#25 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp said:

@crimsonlord53 said:

Clunky wristwatches are an "it" thing right now. Art hipsters would so totally have one.

Ahh and since I'm not an art hipster I did not know that.

#26 Edited by asjmooney (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I have nothing but high hopes for this. Loved the previous creative team but refuse to judge the new one until its release. The art looks amazing just going to have to see about the story

#27 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Im gonna give it a try

#28 Edited by Renchamp (2289 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonlord53: Join me in the Boston college scene and you will know more than you ever wanted.

#31 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a Talon on the cover.

#32 Posted by Skyhawk1 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: Not a hipster, but I have smartphone and still wear a wrist watch.

#33 Posted by eamon542000 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightfang: Funny enough issue 10 of Talon has a villian named Wolf Spider, this looks like a different guy though...

#34 Edited by iragulasuperbia (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown: Unless the Wolf Spider in Bane's army somehow figured out how to shrink himself down, definitely not. The Wolf Spider from Detective Comics is taller than Bane with really long limbs and wears body armor, not a suit.

On another note, that is a bit disappointing. I can understand more than once character using a alias, (I'm surprised there aren't more doubled up aliases) but to have the introduction of two new characters with the same code name in under a year just seems kind of lazy.

#35 Posted by fables87 (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the new cover artist or inner artist :/

#36 Edited by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown: Unless the Wolf Spider in Bane's army somehow figured out how to shrink himself down, definitely not. The Wolf Spider from Detective Comics is taller than Bane with really long limbs and wears body armor, not a suit.

On another note, that is a bit disappointing. I can understand more than once character using a alias, (I'm surprised there aren't more doubled up aliases) but to have the introduction of two new characters with the same code name in under a year just seems kind of lazy.

Thanks for clearing that up, haven't read that 'Tec issue yet.

I agree, these are some pretty random "WTF" names.

#38 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

So all that build up for a fight between Batman and Batwoman and we dont even get to see how it ends lame.

#39 Posted by Flying_J87 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else get the weird vibe they're setting this Evan character up to woo Maggie and create conflict in her relationship with Kate? I mean, it's only a few pages, but still... :(

#40 Edited by ScarletBatman (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Egads! This book went from beautiful to... Average... In every respect. So sad.

No offense intended to the new creative team, the last group is a monumentally difficult act to follow.

#41 Posted by Canderia718 (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Canderia718 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

The art could be better, but I'm looking forward to the writing. Manhunter was one of my favorite series.

#43 Posted by TheUnN4med (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremy Haun is one main reason for me to pick this up, I love his art. I give it a issue or two to know if it's whort to pick or not. I miss Williams, but I think he's far more awesome in The Sandman Overture.

Does anyone else get the weird vibe they're setting this Evan character up to woo Maggie and create conflict in her relationship with Kate? I mean, it's only a few pages, but still... :(

Yep. I think that is what's going to happen.

#44 Edited by LP (673 posts) - - Show Bio

THE TYPO GUYS?!

#45 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the art! The cover is great and I really like the interiors as well

#47 Edited by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Missing the art for sure, but after powering through Batwoman recently (as an early christmas gift :D)...love the character too much to at least not give the new creative team a shot.

This, the new team has big shoes to fill.

#49 Posted by Renchamp (2289 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyhawk1: Samsung has made them one and the same.