Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Next week the latest issue of BATWOMAN is out and we'll not get to find out more of Killer Croc's fate. We haven't seen Croc since issue #16 (after his crazy transformation). This is where we find out what happened to him after. We also get to see Francesco Francavilla do the art in this issue!

Check out this exclusive preview courtesy of DC Comics.

BATWOMAN #21

In the aftermath of the Medusa ordeal, Killer Croc is rescued by a mysterious cult...but what connection do they have with Batwoman, and why do they need to see her die?

Written by: J.H. Williams, III, W. Haden Blackman

Art by: Francesco Francavilla

Cover by: J.H. Williams, III

Variant Cover by: J.H. Williams, III

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Jun 19 2013

#1 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah! I love Aliens!

#2 Edited by jangcrow (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Francavilla's Art = ❤

#3 Edited by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks more like a Killer Croc comic.

#4 Edited by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Why'd you have to tease me with that Francavilla art DC! I don't buy Batwoman but damn, how can i resist Francavilla artwork.

#5 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hey, I'd wondered if we'd see more of Claire, now that Abbot's gone.

Now, we know that the Batwoman creative team weren't allowed to do a Killer Croc villain month issue. This comic is titled Interlude III, so like Interludes I and II, this will probably be a break in the main story. The fact that a different artist drew this suggests that it could have been done in a hurry, with Trevor McCarthy unable to do it.

Could this mean that this is the story that they planned to be used during villain month? If not, maybe this could give clues as to what they were planning on doing.

#6 Posted by DonFelipe (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

[speechless in awe]

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, new theory. Maybe there's a different artist on this issue because they had to scrap the original, what with DC stopping them pursuing the planned story?

#8 Posted by Fhiz (476 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

@fhiz: I know, but I don't know how far in advance these things are done, so I thought maybe the decision had been made a while ago.

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to get my Batwoman fix. The Interlude issues are always interesting so I have high hopes. Plus, the art looks pretty sweet.

#11 Edited by fables87 (1085 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman's art is eye candy! GIVE ME MORE!

#12 Edited by ChillinVillain (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anybody explain to me what Killer Croc's characterization is in the New 52?

I mean in Red Hood and the Outlaws, he's Arsenal's alcoholism sponsor but then in other Batman/Batwoman issues he's still seems to be just another villain...

#13 Edited by ChiSoxRox (235 posts) - - Show Bio

New Batwoman day: the best day of the month. I like the interludes so far: the first one was the zero issue that showed Kate's strength through the rigor of her training, and the second was a look into the world of her fiancee. This is a new look (both art and perspective), but I'm curious to see what it'll be like. But I can't wait for the wedding with Mags.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Cover as usual. Man this book has the best artists all the time!!

This is my second favorite bat book.

#15 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome cover on this! And croc is very well drawn in the interiors, but I don't know if I like this look as much as I did the crocs first appearance in the first few new 52 batwoman..

#16 Edited by iragulasuperbia (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Killer Croc has never gotten a whole lot of respect. In his original appearance, he was like a precursor to Bane, and he's since dwindled into an animalistic brute who cannot operate alone. Regardless, I've always been something of a fan, so I am really excited for this issue. It looks good, I like his voice in the narration, and I can't wait to read this.

#17 Edited by tim_mik (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Croc is getting a lot of press lately. Popping up everywhere

#19 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is finally opening their eyes to the glory and promise of Waylon Jones. I have waited years for this....

#20 Posted by clayscarface (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@jangcrow: Really? Kind of not doing it for me...I saw he's been doing more of Wonder Woman too lately and I'm not sure how I feel about him taking over from Chiang and Williams when I like their art SO much...

#21 Edited by jangcrow (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@clayscarface: Chiang and Williams have been killing it on both books, really great art from both. I just always find it cool to see Francavilla on anything as I really dig his pulpy art style.

#22 Edited by Holuntron (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Francavilla does look pretty good but I still just cannot stand it when anyone but Williams does the art. I know that it is a ridiculous expectation to assume only he can do it but it just never seems like Batwoman without him. He really fleshes out the story and no other artist so far has even come close to what he can do with the character in my opinion. It's probably because he did the original Batwoman Detective Comics run. Ha I know I'm just weird that way. The art does look like the best non-Williams so far. Really I am excited.

#23 Posted by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Francavilla is doing the art now?

I'm okay with this.

Didn't even read the panels because SPOILERS. But looks good.

#24 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

I really thought they were the Court of Owls for a moment and that had me psyched but still, from what I read of those panels, this looks great even if they aren't! I'll definitely check this out.

#25 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio