• 82 results
#51 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus. Does Barbara have to cry in every issue of Batgirl? I get wanting a sympathetic protagonist, but this is ridiculous.

#52 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6901 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeeguy91 said:

Jesus. Does Barbara have to cry in every issue of Batgirl? I get wanting a sympathetic protagonist, but this is ridiculous.

LOL i know right?

Anyway I love the current covers for Batgirl.

#53 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I just haven't cared a lick for Babs ever since she stopped being Oracle. Reading her mediocre DotF tie-ins did nothing to for me either.

#54 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 steph would be about 13 with the whole 5 years in the past thing.

#55 Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be interesting.

#56 Posted by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

If this means Steph or Cass comes back then I welcome it.

#57 Edited by Psycho_Soldier (121 posts) - - Show Bio

beautiful cover, awfull book

Simone needs to leave this & any book with minorities & back to B/C characters - I' m thinking of Secret Six

#58 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Babs is going to quit. I am sure by the time the storyline is done she will still be Batgirl and her faith in her role as Batgirl will be restored. It has been a great book so far. I can't see Babs going anywhere.

#59 Posted by Purgatory (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz said:

wait did they kill James Gordon Jr. I haven't beenr eading Batgirl

she "killed" him in issue 19 but if you read Suicide Squad 20 you will find out he's alive and neither her or her father know it

Ugh, seriously? Yeah, Batgirl is pointless. Glad I dropped it last month.

#60 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

I read Simone's stuff on BoP and Secret Six because she made things so much fun. This book has just been sad upon sad...

#61 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

watching the haters complain amuses me more than it should

#62 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT COVER!

That is an awesome awesome cover

#63 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga said:

Is Batgirl selling well? Is it one of DC's highest?

Here the figures since the relaunch, I have also included the overall ranking for all comics incl. DC, MARVEl, Etc

There is no issue of Batgirl in September according to the solicits

Batgirl #1 - Splitterregen - 81,489 - Rank: 12

Batgirl #2 - Cut Short, Cut Deep - 75,227 - Rank: 14

Batgirl #3 - A Breath of Broken Glass - 62,974 - Rank:18

Batgirl #4 - An End to Dreams - 53,975 - Rank: 23

Batgirl #5 - A Candy Full of Spiders - 51,327 - Rank: 26

Batgirl #6 - A House Made of Spun Glass - 47,836 - Rank: 30

Batgirl #7 - A View From Below - 45,685 - Rank: 30

Batgirl #8 - No Darker Shadow - 43,990 - Rank: 33

Batgirl #9 - In the Line of Fire - 58,710 - Rank: 24

Batgirl #10 - All Snug in Their Beds - 47,050 - Rank: 38

Batgirl #11 - Heart of Cold Steel - 45,004 - Rank: 36

Batgirl #12 - Every Time I Fail - 43,804 - Rank: 38

Batgirl #0 - A Fire in the Heavens - 50,441 - Rank: 29

Batgirl #13 - A Blade of Memory - 50,074 - Rank: 36

Batgirl #14 - A Courtship of Razors - 77,468 - Rank: 17

Batgirl #15 - Collision Part Two: Engagement - 75,341 - Rank: 13

Batgirl #16 - Collision, Part Three: Ceremony - 72,470 - Rank: 17

Batgirl #17 - Endure the Flame - 65,751 - Rank: 18

Batgirl #18 - The Mask of Ashes - 51,677 - Rank: 30

Batgirl #19 - A Blade From the Shadows - 45,939 - Rank: 37

Batgirl #20 - A Splinter Where My Heart Should Be - 42,600 - Rank: 46

Batgirl #21 - Enclosure - Figures not released yet

Thanks!

#65 Posted by knishes8452 (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by animehunter (1979 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga said:

Is Batgirl selling well? Is it one of DC's highest?

There is no issue of Batgirl in September according to the solicits

There is no September solicit because this is the Villains Month where Batgirl's story will be in one of the other Batbooks (can't recall which one).

#68 Posted by snarkybits (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: well that could just be referencing the fact that the cut the bat symbol of her costume after she "killed" Jame Jr. She felt she didn't deserve to wear Batmans symbol after she broke Batman Inc. Rule #1.

Batgirl with a Power Girl-esque costume?

Imagine that... :O

#69 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Barbara will take up sleuthing as opposed to crime fighting. I can see her following in her father's footsteps so she still does her piece for Gotham but just not as Batgirl. In the mean time I hope this means we get the return of Stephanie or Cassie - if DC is smart enough this could really give the series a boost in audience.

#70 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably won't happen, Barbara stepping down that is. But if it paved way for the rise of Stephanie I'd be all for it!

#71 Edited by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll quit and become something else while someone new (or not introduced yet... CASSANDRA CAIN!!!) can take up the mantle.

There probably won't be a new Batgirl until maybe Gordon is dead. Maybe DC could add a new villain to masquerade as Batgirl so she can get back into the role, or maybe Cass or whoever can take the new role. Babs could even take on the mantle of Spoiler, or some old pre-new 52 identity.

#72 Edited by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover is gorgeous!!

It's sure getting interesting...

#73 Posted by daedalus25 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@joethebigitalianguy said:

@falconer said:

And then Gail Simone announces she's leaving Batgirl.

*sigh* We can dream, right?

What's wrong with Gail Simone on Batgirl? Before I stopped reading DC, Batgirl was pretty much the only book I was enjoying. And it was because of Gail's writing.

@thecupcakeavenger said:

@falconer said:

@akintoussaint said:

@falconer: You want her fans to rage like they did the last time?

People raging on the internet, what a surprise. That being said, anyone that is a genuine fan of this book needs to... no longer exist.

And that's your opinion. I'm personally enjoying this book and by some of the comments on here, it would seem others are as well. But I doubt anyone will as forceful in sharing their opinion as yourself.

@black_claw said:

Calling it. Babs will become Oracle again (only not crippled this time) and either Cassie or Steph will take over.

Hopefully Steph. I know most would say Cassandra, but I couldn't really get into Cass as Batgirl, and I loved Steph's run with Babs helping behind the scenes so I'd personally love to see that back. If Babs did give up and it happened to be Cass to take over I'd likely still give it a go. I'd still be interested to see that.

We'll never see it, unfortunately. Apparently, Dan Didiot hates Stephanie Brown. She basically a "blacklisted" character. I'm surprised they haven't tried to kill her off in one panel like they did to Artemis during that "Culling" non-event.

Never really understood this 'Dan hates Step therefore she's banned from the new52' thing.It just doesn't make sense.Regardless of his personal feelings about the character It not like he's writing the book.

People want this characters therefore they should get it.Don't think the character will sell? That's what team books are for.Pair her up with Cass.Hell Team them up with Misfit and some other young female character and BOOM.Mini birds of prey.If nothing cause then to the fanbase happy.:P

I doesn't matter if Dan is writing the book. He's (unfortunately) calling the shots. At least one writer has tried to introduce Stephanie into their book before, and Dan flat out told them no. It wasn't even a Nu52 book, but Smallville. I truly despise Dan for keeping a fan-loved character out of the books simply because of his own personal prejudice.

#74 Posted by cameron83 (7318 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Calling it. Babs will become Oracle again (only not crippled this time) and either Cassie or Steph will take over.

AMEN

I WOULD LOVE THAT!

Or perhaps she creates a new identity....hoping more for the former

#75 Posted by Miya12q (3 posts) - - Show Bio

what Nancy answered I'm surprised that a mom able to profit $7371 in 1 month on the computer. have you read this link Go to site and open Home for details

>>>>>> WWW.JOBS31.COM

#76 Edited by viin (581 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks pretty good though I do hope they not bringing Cassandra back yet. Im fine if they wanted to make Steph Batgirl but with Lady Shiva being Nightwings age your not gonna see the same Cassandra as before being Shivas daughter.

#77 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@akintoussaint said:

@falconer:

@falconer said:

@akintoussaint said:

@falconer: You want her fans to rage like they did the last time?

People raging on the internet, what a surprise. That being said, anyone that is a genuine fan of this book needs to... no longer exist.

The entire DCwomenkickingass tumblr site fanbase no longer existing?

We can only dream.:P

What seems to be the problem with this particular group of people?

I'm only a casual follower, and not a tumblr member.

They're against this book though cos the owner of the tumblr is a stephanie brown wanker.

#78 Posted by marjori71726095 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

My co-worker's step-aunt makes $78 an hour on the computer. She has been without a job for five months but last month her income was $15442 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site... www.Jam10.com

#79 Edited by Dud317 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: @mucklefluga: What's your source? Comicsbeat has it at 12th in April (45,000), 16th in the last 6 months, and 7th over the last year. Clearly, it's doing well regardless. These are DC sales only by the way.

@animehunter: September is Villains Month, and Batgirl is not intended to be released. October solicits are not out yet.

#80 Edited by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, the reason why she (seems to be dropping) drops the mantle is much sweeter than I though...even though I'm worried someone's gonna die... and I hope it's not who I think it is :(

#81 Edited by TheAuroraChild (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@viin said:

This actually looks pretty good though I do hope they not bringing Cassandra back yet. Im fine if they wanted to make Steph Batgirl but with Lady Shiva being Nightwings age your not gonna see the same Cassandra as before being Shivas daughter.

It's not confirmed that Shiva is Nightwing's age. In Nightwing's book, it's stated to be that she's rumored to be.

#82 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

The hole war that's going to be wagged by Barbara and Commissioner Gordan is beyond stupid Gordan knows his son is a serial killer he saw his wife point a gun at James Jr and don't get me started on Barbara Gordan sr she is beyond awful for not telling Gordan the full story and just running out of town. This plot is just so contrived and stupid.

gail simone

#83 Posted by DocLuthorVonDoom (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I will probably never read this series, I would say until some new writers take the helm, but even then it's unlikely. Here are the reasons:

the trans gender character was an ill conceived, pathetic attempt at being topical; also was not even remotely close to the first transgender character in American super hero comics. When was the first appearance of Madame Fatal? Like, 1942? Yeah, they missed the mark by a rough 61 years. Mother fuckers need to do some research (before all you jackasses bitch and moan that was a comment on all the people who said that this was the first transgender character in articles and boards, not the writers, who, as far as I know, never made that boast).

And secondly, and probably more importantly, I didn't mind Barbara as Oracle, it was a great character, with a lot of history and a lot of depth, all that history shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet; and I really liked Cassandra as Batgirl, she had a great background, a great origin, and it was great to have an, at least partially, Asian girl in the Bat family. Asians are probably the most under represented ethnicity in comics, or maybe second to Middle Easters, and it was great to finally have a mainstream Asian super hero who didn't have martial arts or dragon themed powers. I know we'll never get back there, but it seems before DC tries to fairly represent the Transgender community, they would try to do something about their lack of racial diversity first, instead of killing off or vanishing the few characters they have who aren't White or Black.