Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

AMAZING X-MEN #2

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Ed McGuinness

• The X-Men, on the search for Nightcrawler, find themselves separated!

• Wolverine and Northstar are mysteriously in... heaven?!

• But where does that leave the rest of the team?

Item Code: OCT130721 In Shops: 12/4/2013 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Am I correct in assuming this will replace Wolverine and the X-Men? If so, I'm definitely in. Loved the first issue and will definitely pick this up.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@kilomac29: Yes and no? WATXM is still going for a few more issues. Then ending. So it kind of is. Maybe.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Sweet.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the way Ed McGuinness draws Iceman.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

Firestar with the X-men...get hyped and stay that way!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is basically WatXM's baby who will eventually take the parents place.

What about Astonishing X-Men?

( +)

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Well, that kind of does and doesn't answer my question. LOL!

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aaron's X-books really have too much whimsy for me. It's weird. I really like his Thor. But WATXM was unreadable more often than not.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool to see fire star back

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerrigan said:

Aaron's X-books really have too much whimsy for me. It's weird. I really like his Thor. But WATXM was unreadable more often than not.

Different books appeal to different people.

What I find stunning is that Aaron can write comedy like Amazing and then seriousness like Thor. He has quite the breadth, even if his brand of humor isn't for everyone.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I can't tell you how much I love seeing Firestar in comics again. She's had a ton of bad luck with being in books that always get canceled.

Avatar image for asthecrowflies4
asthecrowflies4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By asthecrowflies4

This looks really great. It's nice to see a team of X-Men not fighting one another or the Avengers and just being X-Men again.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: it a shame wolverine and the x-men was getting so good with kubrk returning and such

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

So ... Wolverine and Northstar are in heaven together hmn?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

This looks really good. I enjoyed the. 1st issue and this book is So much more interesting than WatX. Good riddance to that book.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

first issue was great, can't wait to read this one! :v

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im melting

oh what a world

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maddpanda531

@dabee: I love the way McGuinness draws everything.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait, I like Jason Aaron....well except WATXM

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

Yeah. Ones who should be in Hell in Heaven and ones who should (at least could) be in Heaven in Hell. And Azazel count as Davddy Jones, lol)

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man that's some amazing art.. Good dialogue also.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Yeah. Ones who should be in Hell in Heaven and ones who should (at least could) be in Heaven in Hell. And Azazel count as Davddy Jones, lol)

Wolverine's dealt his fair share of death, and not all of it honorable, throughout his century + long life. But why, pray tell, should Northstar be in hell? Don't say because he's gay ... or I'll send you back to your backward thinking, phobia infested trailer park trash barn without dinner.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rubear

@super_soldierxii said:

Wolverine's dealt his fair share of death, and not all of it honorable, throughout his century + long life. But why, pray tell, should Northstar be in hell? Don't say because he's gay ... or I'll send you back to your backward thinking, phobia infested trailer park trash barn without dinner.

Well, well, well. Lets look at problem. You know that according to Bible God creat not just men or just women, but men and women? You know what combination create new life? And as comic reader you must know that Nightcrawler is devout christian, so that must be a christian Heaven. I even remember version of Kurt having some problems whith some gay in some universe because of his belives. So what Bible tell us and comic characters about gays, hm? And i don't live in some trailer park, he-he. I am just russian.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Well, well, well. Lets look at problem. You know that according to Bible God creat not just men or just women, but men and women? You know what combination create new life? And as comic reader you must know that Nightcrawler is devout christian, so that must be a christian Heaven. I even remember version of Kurt having some problems whith some gay in some universe because of his belives. So what Bible tell us and comic characters about gays, hm? And i don't live in some trailer park, he-he. I am just russian.

The bible was butchered from the original scriptures starting at the hand of Constantine and only grew progressively further from original form the more it was rewritten over the centuries to drive, principally, political propaganda. Used more and more as a political tool justifying unbelievably horrific acts of violence, human depravity and regression, and reflecting less and less true spiritual values as they were intentioned. Women were villainized, sex grew progressively more immoral, hell was created as a tool to instil fear and blind obedience, and y'know what? There are dozens upon dozens of contradictions riddled throughout said scriptures to boot.

One thing history has taught us, is that the bible can dangerously grow into an unthinking, unfeeling, power hungry man's tool to justify the obscene.

So you want to use the bible to justify small minded, fear-filled hate stifling all the myriads of possibilities and facets of human experience simply because they 'scare' you, then do so. It only serves to crush your Spirit, promote ignorance, and little else. It's a small, cold lonely place cowering in ones closet of fear and bigotry. Doesn't Russia provide better education for it's youth? Oh, that's right, it's illegal to show same sex love ... talk about regression. Guess I should show tolerance for what such a government promotes in its youth ... the bible teaches that too after all.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

The bible was butchered from the original scriptures starting at the hand of Constantine and only grew progressively further from original form the more it was rewritten over the centuries to drive, principally, political propaganda. Used more and more as a political tool justifying unbelievably horrific acts of violence, human depravity and regression, and reflecting less and less true spiritual values as they were intentioned. Women were villainized, sex grew progressively more immoral, hell was created as a tool to instil fear and blind obedience, and y'know what? There are dozens upon dozens of contradictions riddled throughout said scriptures to boot.

One thing history has taught us, is that the bible can dangerously grow into an unthinking, unfeeling, power hungry man's tool to justify the obscene.

So you want to use the bible to justify small minded, fear-filled hate stifling all the myriads of possibilities and facets of human experience simply because they 'scare' you, then do so. It only serves to crush your Spirit, promote ignorance, and little else. It's a small, cold lonely place cowering in ones closet of fear and bigotry. Doesn't Russia provide better education for it's youth? Oh, that's right, it's illegal to show same sex love ... talk about regression. Guess I should show tolerance for what such a government promotes in its youth ... the bible teaches that too after all.

Wow, Nightcrawler is sparking religious debates.....

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

No. Silly comments about hell and homosexuals are sparking feedback. Not a debate. No merit to his comments, therefore nothing to debate, merely trying to educate. I know it's a fruitless endeavor. But, still, has to be said.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

No. Silly comments about hell and homosexuals are sparking feedback. Not a debate. No merit to his comments, therefore nothing to debate, merely trying to educate. I know it's a fruitless endeavor. But, still, has to be said.

Oh, I know. I just find it funny that a comic featuring a devoutly religious person can prompt such inane comments from people.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are dozens upon dozens of contradictions riddled throughout said scriptures to boot.

O, but you started debates. Good. So you mean that now there must be no original good ideas in Bible? Sad to be you and believe in nothing exept i suppose equality which suddenly also can be used to "justify small minded fear-filled things" for example so-called positive discrimination - discrimination of your majoritis in all but name. All bringed to absurd good ideas became bad ideas, thats natural. I know about "whitch hunts", "crusades", "Inquisition" and other "unbelievably horrific acts of violence", so if religion whould be the only reason than there whould't be a problem, but gays are unnatural. They are not new parts of evolution or results of experiments, such as comic mutants, but dead-ends of there familis because they can't create new life, so they are not part of natural order... or part that supposed to become extinct, because they cant have natural descendatns. 2+2=4 and according to Bible they are supposed to go to Hell. Perhaps Hell was created as a tool, but just look at this preview and what will you see on cover? Heavan and Hell. Who will you see in Hell? Good persons with some problems. Who you will see in Heaven? Sinners, according to Bible. You will see setting used, Hell used. So its look very probable thats this is not just my interpretation, but whole idea, he-he.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@super_soldierxii said:

There are dozens upon dozens of contradictions riddled throughout said scriptures to boot.

O, but you started debates. Good. So you mean that now there must be no original good ideas in Bible?

No. Never said that. What I mean is very clearly written. Reread and try to avoid coming to your own conclusions.

Sad to be you and believe in nothing

Never said that either. Believe it or not, Spiritual precepts do not have to be tied to ONE religion ... or a book that has been rewritten over the centuries to cater, by and large to mans own agendas. The bible has many beautiful precepts, many of which I adhere to, it is also riddled with very flawed categorical imperatives that make absolutely no sense and are clearly amoral. You have to be a complete nincompoop not to see what's so abundantly clear. Or conveniently oblivious.

for example so-called positive discrimination - discrimination of your majoritis in all but name.

I'll assume English is not your first language and give you a temporary "pass" on all these illegible portions of your post. I'm sure it sounds smart in Russian. Jumping ahead now to a one liner that I can at least read;

but gays are unnatural

Says who? Homosexuality has been a completely natural human expression since recorded history. Probably since human beings came into being. But yeah, a man made book "appears" to allude to such so it must be so. Stupidity personified. Physical contact, the pinnacle of which is personified through sexual expression, is a beautiful side of being human. Whether it be between a man and a woman, two men or two women ... it's an expression of love in its higher form, or an act of pleasurable respite in its simplest. Pleasure is definitely an element which we could all use more of in this world. But because it feels good, it feels right, it must be the "devils" work. Gimme a break.

Just an FYI; I am a completely heterosexual male so I'm not championing my own cause by any measure. I'm championing common sense and an open mind (both of which lead to an open heart).

because they can't create new life, so they are not part of natural order

What natural order? You mean the one that is seeing our planet die due to over population? Our unrestrained procreation is killing the natural order son. There is nothing natural about it. Our planet is completely off kilter due to your so-called "natural order". Complete rubbish.

or part that supposed to become extinct, because they cant have natural descendatns

Assuming the act of sex is solely about procreation, and not also about recreation, human bonding, caring, expression of love and intimacy (etc. etc. etc.). Again, your small minded supposition is pure rubbish.

Heavan and Hell.

Both are what you make of them. You choose to believe in a hell, then fine. The two are opposing elements used to control the masses. Real Hell is simple; it's embracing close mindedness, hate, ignorance, anger leading to suffering, whereas Heaven is opting to love, serve, uplift, smile ... both are self perpetuated and are not contingent on some punishing God somewhere on cloud 9.

Nice try kid. But your notions are puny, and Hulk smashes puny minded phobics.

Ta.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

Nice try kid. But your notions are puny, and Hulk smashes puny minded phobics.

Ta.

*Hands up*

Okey, you exposed me. Main reason is boredome, and i really have more experience in translating from english that in writing and speaking on it. Thats one of reasons why i came here. For accuracy sake Hulk himself is represent suppresed wishes and emotions of Banner, his unconscious, which includes phobias.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By cascadeking09

@super_soldierxii said:

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Wolverine's also saved a lot of lives and done a lot of good as well, should he not go to heaven? How many people has Northstar killed if any?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii said:

@rubear said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Wolverine's also saved a lot of lives and done a lot of good as well, should he not go to heaven? How many people has Northstar killed if any?

I personally don't believe in an anthropomorphized heaven or hell ... not to say I don't believe in an afterlife, I just don't think it's so "petty", one dimensional, black or white, and / or simplistic.

But yeah, I do think Wolverine's acts of heroism and 'good' counterbalance the death and violence he's wrought over the years ...