Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #5

(W) Tom Taylor (A) David Lopez, David Navarrot (CA) Bengal

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF A CLONE

• Wolverine will have to go where she's never gone before in order to save the lives of her mysterious three "sisters!"

• Along her journey, Laura will have to team up with an ally she never expected, and one who has seemingly sworn off the life of a super hero...

• Say hello to the original Wasp, the one and only JANET VAN DYNE!

Parental Advisory

Item Code: DEC150851 In Shops: 2/10/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Wait isn't there a new Wasp now? Is there going to be two Wasps like there is two Caps, Spider-Men ect?

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does each borough have its own Spiderman by now?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Wait isn't there a new Wasp now? Is there going to be two Wasps like there is two Caps, Spider-Men ect?

Why settle with 1 when you could have a swarm? :)

And even better, make them all clones of someone really annoying so they just nag people into retreating.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

When did Janet come back? Is this some Secret Wars mumbo Jumbo or did I miss something somewhere? I remember The Avengers rescuing her from a pocket dimension prior to Hickman's Avengers run, then she disappeared again

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Who;s the second Wasp?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@tdk_1997 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Who;s the second Wasp?

She's debuting in the Free Comic Book Day issue

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Who;s the second Wasp?

She's debuting in the Free Comic Book Day issue

Hmm, haven't heard about that since now. I guess you might be right, there will be two different Wasps out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous said:

Why settle with 1 when you could have a swarm? :)

And even better, make them all clones of someone really annoying so they just nag people into retreating.

lol

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ambaryerno

@mrfuzzynutz said:

When did Janet come back? Is this some Secret Wars mumbo Jumbo or did I miss something somewhere? I remember The Avengers rescuing her from a pocket dimension prior to Hickman's Avengers run, then she disappeared again

There's some debate about that. Jan was in Rage of Ultron, which is set sometime in the 8-month gap after Secret Wars. However I don't think it's been established exactly when All-New Wolverine takes place in relation to any of the other post-Secret Wars series. I mean seriously, would it kill editorial to give us a "This story takes place before..." note?

Anyway, great preview! Love Bellona's "I'll just shoot it" approach to pretty much everything, and getting zapped as a result was just brilliant. And Gabby's enthusiastic "MAGIC!" when Jan asks them how they got into the lab is gold.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty good, as long as Jan isn't married to Havoc anymore. Then again no one at marvel may know.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfuzzynutz said:

There's some debate about that. Jan was in Rage of Ultron, which is set sometime in the 8-month gap after Secret Wars. However I don't think it's been established exactly when All-New Wolverine takes place in relation to any of the other post-Secret Wars series. I mean seriously, would it kill editorial to give us a "This story takes place before..." note?

Anyway, great preview! Love Bellona's "I'll just shoot it" approach to pretty much everything, and getting zapped as a result was just brilliant. And Gabby's enthusiastic "MAGIC!" when Jan asks them how they got into the lab is gold.

I really don't think editorial cares about that sort of thing. Jan could be dead and they'd still use the character But at least this looks like they have a sense of her character -if not her fashion sense. Not her best looking costume.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Hank Pym still dead/fused with Ultron in the new 616?

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno said:

@mrfuzzynutz said:

I really don't think editorial cares about that sort of thing. Jan could be dead and they'd still use the character But at least this looks like they have a sense of her character -if not her fashion sense. Not her best looking costume.

I'm increasingly annoyed by Marvel's casual disregard for continuity. The idea that it just "gets in the way of storytelling" is appalling in its laziness. If continuity causes problems for the story a writer wants to tell, the problem is NOT the continuity.

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is truly the only X-book I look forward to anymore.

Blinkshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiesamurai: He just popped up in last months issue of Uncanny Avengers wearing Ultron like a suit of armor. I haven't been reading the book, but it was mentioned in a review of, I think its issue #4, last page.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiesamurai: Yes. I have just appeared in the last page of Uncanny Avengers 4 :) [or 3?...]

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Before reading your comment the last words out of my mouth were "Oh good, they gave her the best costume!".

I like this one :P

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Bengal covers are always nice.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By save.me.now

She was a founding member of the Unity Squad and in pretty much every issue of Uncanny Avengers volume 1. The Unity Squad's second mission failed catastrophically Earth was destroyed and everyone was sent to a new planet. In that alternate future Janet and havok had a kid but that kid was stolen by Kang and sent to another point in time to ensure that havok would work for him. Eventually they found a way to send the consciousness' of all the Unity squad back to their past bodies, they defeated kang in our time and stopped the future from happening.

Last I remember havok got inverted during Axis and used janet as a human shield to help him escape from the non inverted Avengers and X-Men. I have no recollection of her disappearing again. Also pretty much everything I said in this post is on her comicvine character page.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@ambaryerno said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ambaryerno said:

@mrfuzzynutz said:

I'm increasingly annoyed by Marvel's casual disregard for continuity. The idea that it just "gets in the way of storytelling" is appalling in its laziness. If continuity causes problems for the story a writer wants to tell, the problem is NOT the continuity.

Bottom line: continuity does not sell books. They don't care about it because they don't have to.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Before reading your comment the last words out of my mouth were "Oh good, they gave her the best costume!".

To each his own :) She's had so many. This page I think has a list of them all, or nearly all.

http://www.wondrouswasp.altervista.org/ind-eng.htm

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I got a bit interested with the last preview because of the clones. I like the idea of Wasp and Wolverine working together. :) I'll pick up this series.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk5 said:

I got a bit interested with the last preview because of the clones. I like the idea of Wasp and Wolverine working together. :) I'll pick up this series.

While this is EASILY the best Laura's been written since at LEAST the Liu series, and all of the clones have been interesting, Gabby has really been the standout character. She's Molly Hayes levels of adorable

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love David Lopez's art. And I really love his depiction of the Wasp here. One of the best since Coipel's Avenger's sun (where that suit, maybe the best design she's ever had, originated).

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Hank Pym still dead/fused with Ultron in the new 616?

In the Uncanny Avengers, he was in outer space, saving people and using Ultron as Ironman's extremis suit or something similar. Dunno how they will handle that but so far, they seem to be working together and Ultron is not a murderous robot and Hank has his own mind O.o

They might bring him back into the picture with Wasp etc but It will be interesting to see. Since we also have a new Muslim Gay Ant-man O.o

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: Thanks. Personally I'm excited for another LGBTQ character who is also Muslim.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was in the Ant-Man Annual pre Secret Wars.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: I was just responding to the statement. I haven't really been paying attention to the New Ant-Man series so I'm a little out of touch on the new character.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Love Wasp, hope they show more of her.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiesamurai: I know that's why I was informing you the of the more correct response that we don't know his religion. I'm not saying he or you were wrong just we don't know :)

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: I appreciate that. The cover of the new Giant-Man caught my attention so I will probably check it out. :)

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure this is actual Jan and not some Ultimate Jan or skrull Jan?

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw the preview for All-New X-Men #4. GOD I wish Taylor could do that series, too. Hopeless' Laura is just PAINFUL to read.

Ceramicdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That variant cover looks nice. This is a great book.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's iconic enough that Marvel Avengers Alliance (Facebook game) uses it.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure this is actual Jan and not some Ultimate Jan or skrull Jan?

Ultimate Janet van Dyne died in Ultimatum #2.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last I remember of Jan, Havok was kidnapping her at the end of Axis.

I'm glad she got away though, somehow, Havok is a dick.