Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #1

(W) Tom Taylor (A) David Lopez, David Navarrot (CA) Bengal

LAURA KINNEY EMBRACES HER DESTINY. HERE! COMES! WOLVERINE!

X-23 was created to be a weapon and for a time, that's all she was. But with the help of her mentor, LOGAN-the original WOLVERINE-she escaped that dark past. Tragically, Logan has fallen, but Laura will continue in his footsteps as a hero. Recent events have her doing everything in her power to keep those around her alive, as violent forces are hell-bent on mutual destruction. If anyone can stop them, it's Laura. She is the best there is at what she does. She is THE ALL-NEW WOLVERINE.

Parental Advisory

Item Code: SEP150716 In Shops: 11/11/2015 SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Divell

Ok i'm already loving her more than before.

Also first.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The art is nice and I do like the costume but I swear that Tom Taylor has never read a story with X-23 in it.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to stop looking at previews. Now I've at least got to check out this first issue. Still don't think I'm a fan of the mask on her though, but that's easily overlooked if it's a good book.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'know what that actually looks pretty cool. I don't like the idea itself that much but damn, it DOES look cool. :p

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm happy Bendis isn't writing her anymore, I can't wait to pick this up

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've just gotta say it... Laura looks sexy as he'll as Wolverine.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like she looks 'stubby' in that uniform, looks like Logan used to next to other characters

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I'm happy Bendis isn't writing her anymore, I can't wait to pick this up

Now we just need to quietly get rid of Cosmic Warren. :)

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill pick it up. Looks good.

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that kind of ridiculous costume is what it takes for X-23 to finally drop the "broken machine girl" trope and become a fully realized character, I'm all for it. Liking what I see so far.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So excited for this comic. Love David Lopez's art. Love the character and the redesign. Can't wait for this.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Damn! She's hot as Wolverine.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yess! I can still care again about a wolverine afte 15 years :)

Good :) I hope they don't screw that like all other mutants things...

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks Good.

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I think she's rocking that outfit brilliantly. Really excited for this book.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it. Can't wait for next week.

But what's up with the Hip-Hop variant cover? Will it really have those ugly big black bars at the top and bottom? They could have really found another solution if that is true.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Glad to see that she has a new series. Really enjoyed her former series.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

SOOOOOOO looking forward to this!

Seems we finally get an answer to the question of whether she still has her healing factor after Wolverines 20. I suppose it's too much to ask that we'll ever get an explanation about how it's working again. Bendis COULD have brought it up in Uncanny 600, but he was too busy spinning his wheels on a meaningless issue that went nowhere (par for the course for Bendis, really). Granted, Wolverines 20 was such an infuriating ending to a great series it's also not BAD to see it swept under the rug. The cat-and-mouse battle between X and Mystique Soule seemed to be building could have been EPIC (IMO, Laura would be a VERY dangerous person for Mystique to tangle with; with Laura's skill set she could tear Raven's operations apart a piece at a time) had he not decided to job everyone so he could close it out.

It also makes me wonder whether this is the first time Laura reveals herself as Wolverine. It seems like she's making a statement in that last panel, as if she's telling the world that the Wolverine is back.

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this preview better than the other one.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when the "real Wolverine" comes back.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about that costume on a woman just doesn't work for me.

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

Not a fan. I would rather have Logan back as Wolverine. I know that it's an unpopular opinion but I'm not a fan of replacement heroes. I think this new batch of Marvel heroes will be around longer than people think.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Not a fan. I would rather have Logan back as Wolverine. I know that it's an unpopular opinion but I'm not a fan of replacement heroes. I think this new batch of Marvel heroes will be around longer than people think.

I do too.I think Sam will be Cap for the foreseeable future.I agree with you,though.Why can't they just make Laura more important as X-23?Why does she have to use Logan's name to be successful?Thank goodness Matt Murdock hasn't been replaced as Daredevil.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KingWillie

God, she's sexy. Nice n thick lol.

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropped most of my X-men stuff due to Bendis. Looks like now is a great time to jump back on.

This series looks promising and with Old Man Logan still around I'm not mad like I was when Thor became unworthy and Jane picked up Mjolnir. Old Man Logan ain't no broken down hero like unworthy thor was often portrayed. Plus I'm glad Laura is finally getting some development.

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: They say it is due to sales. Supposedly no one will buy an X-23 book, but will buy a Wolverine book. I'm not sure I believe that. If they put a good writer and artist on and marketed it, it would sale. I'm also picking up Daredevil. I like the creative team, and Matt Murdock hasn't been replaced.....yet.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: They say it is due to sales. Supposedly no one will buy an X-23 book, but will buy a Wolverine book. I'm not sure I believe that. If they put a good writer and artist on and marketed it, it would sale. I'm also picking up Daredevil. I like the creative team, and Matt Murdock hasn't been replaced.....yet.

Her first solo did rather well. They only killed it so they could use her to prop up Avengers Academy.

However narratively it DOES make sense that Laura would want to take up the mantle.

zackattack93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have my subscription set up with Marvel.com can't wait. Also I wish that action figure was for real that looks amazing.

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: This. Looks like another Marvel book on the pull list. I'll give it at least an arc or two.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god. I'm in love.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have my subscription set up with Marvel.com can't wait. Also I wish that action figure was for real that looks amazing.

Lol, me too. If that would go on sale I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did flirt with the idea of replacing him around post Shadowland.I'm glad Panther filled in for him rather than putting on a Daredevil costume.I believe that if there was a great A-list team on the book they'd sale better.But Maleev and Bendis were on Spider-Woman and that was down after 7 issues,but I recall Bendis saying it was because Maleev was burnt out.Not sure I buy that.

@cerial442 said:

Her first solo did rather well. They only killed it so they could use her to prop up Avengers Academy.

However narratively it DOES make sense that Laura would want to take up the mantle.

I guess it does make sense but why does there need to another Wolverine?He isn't Captain America or some kind of symbol.Why can't she honor his memory by being herself?

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ambaryerno

@ambaryerno said:
@cerial442 said:

I guess it does make sense but why does there need to another Wolverine?He isn't Captain America or some kind of symbol.Why can't she honor his memory by being herself?

Except Wolverine IS a symbol to people in-universe. That was the entire point of the post-DoW specials, IE the Deadpool/Cap teamup. Ms. Marvel totally fangirled out when she met him during THEIR team-up (she even writes Wolverine/Storm romance fics!).

"Wolverine" means something to people. To bad guys it means, "Oh shit, we're @#$%ed!" To good guys, he meant a lot of different things to different people, whether he was a total pain in the ass, that guy who you could count on to do the dirty work that needed to be done but no one else had the stomach for, or the one who would stand by his friends to the end (let's forget about Schism, because that only worked by means of grade A character assassination).

The central theme of Laura's focus issue in The Logan Legacy was her learning the importance and value of symbols (thus why she started dyeing her hair blue and gold). She recognizes that the Wolverine is important (heck, even Deadpool realized the world NEEDS a Wolverine), and decides to take it up. That DOESN'T mean she's not being herself; the impression I get from Taylor's remarks is that Laura is going to be making the Wolverine name her own, not always ask WWLD? The fact that she's trying to keep EVERYONE involved in whatever this arc is from killing each other speaks volumes to that.

I really do hope this scene is the moment where Laura reveals herself (publicly) for the first time, like a subtle warning for everyone that the Wolverine is back (and well, we DO know she's going to be confronting Taskmaster, and will later have a team-up with Dr. Strange, so it seems apparent the wider MU is taking notice).

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daredevil21134

@ambaryerno: I guess you can say most heroes are symbols but I still don't see why she needs to be Wolverine.Sorry,but I don't like heroes renting temp jobs.I still don't see why she needs to be Wolverine to describe all what you're saying.She can do all that as X-23.

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerial442 said:

They did flirt with the idea of replacing him around post Shadowland.I'm glad Panther filled in for him rather than putting on a Daredevil costume.I believe that if there was a great A-list team on the book they'd sale better.But Maleev and Bendis were on Spider-Woman and that was down after 7 issues,but I recall Bendis saying it was because Maleev was burnt out.Not sure I buy that.

@ambaryerno said:
@cerial442 said:

It's not as bad as some of the other changes. I mean look at Guardians. They replaced Star Lord with Kitty Pryde. Why? Change for the sake of change. The book would have sold just as much if she would have been herself.

But with X-23, I would prefer it if she was just herself. Maybe even try out the book, but not her as Wolverine.

I have a bad feeling the new character in Daredevil will replace him in a year or two.

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BumBurger

I'm so excited i'm sweating :D

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Galerion

@ambaryerno said:
@iceman228433 said:

Lol, me too. If that would go on sale I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Yeah pretty cruel from Marvel to tease us with all these action figure covers only to not follow up on them.

They are like "Hey look at how good this figure looks like and all the parts for it but oh wait you will never get them" *trollface*

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:
@ambaryerno said:
@cerial442 said:

Except Wolverine IS a symbol to people in-universe. That was the entire point of the post-DoW specials, IE the Deadpool/Cap teamup. Ms. Marvel totally fangirled out when she met him during THEIR team-up (she even writes Wolverine/Storm romance fics!).

"Wolverine" means something to people. To bad guys it means, "Oh shit, we're @#$%ed!" To good guys, he meant a lot of different things to different people, whether he was a total pain in the ass, that guy who you could count on to do the dirty work that needed to be done but no one else had the stomach for, or the one who would stand by his friends to the end (let's forget about Schism, because that only worked by means of grade A character assassination).

The central theme of Laura's focus issue in The Logan Legacy was her learning the importance and value of symbols (thus why she started dyeing her hair blue and gold). She recognizes that the Wolverine is important (heck, even Deadpool realized the world NEEDS a Wolverine), and decides to take it up. That DOESN'T mean she's not being herself; the impression I get from Taylor's remarks is that Laura is going to be making the Wolverine name her own, not always ask WWLD? The fact that she's trying to keep EVERYONE involved in whatever this arc is from killing each other speaks volumes to that.

I really do hope this scene is the moment where Laura reveals herself (publicly) for the first time, like a subtle warning for everyone that the Wolverine is back (and well, we DO know she's going to be confronting Taskmaster, and will later have a team-up with Dr. Strange, so it seems apparent the wider MU is taking notice).

But unless she is going to be a carbon copy of Logan as Wolverine, then all that makes no sense for her to take up the name. Be inspired by, sure. But actually using the alias and being herself, doesn't fit.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@makhai said:

The art is nice and I do like the costume but I swear that Tom Taylor has never read a story with X-23 in it.

At least someone understand. Everyone else is gobbling this shit up. Laura is basically mini-logan now, which is a huge middle finger to her old character.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerial442: Don't say that dude.Please don't jinx Daredevil.Hulk,Thor,Captain America and Wolverine have all been replaced.Leave Matty alone.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

At least someone understand. Everyone else is gobbling this shit up. Laura is basically mini-logan now, which is a huge middle finger to her old character.

Maybe he's writing it as a gift to all those fans with really confused feelings about Logan?

The only thing that would make sense in the story is if it is revealed that Laura wanted to honor Logan to the point that she was deliberately emulating him in personality as well as garb.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda find it ironic that Laura's 'stepping out of shadow' moment is literally her becoming Wolverine. Dunno whether that makes it better or worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@makhai said:
@theacidskull said:
@makhai said:

Maybe he's writing it as a gift to all those fans with really confused feelings about Logan?

The only thing that would make sense in the story is if it is revealed that Laura wanted to honor Logan to the point that she was deliberately emulating him in personality as well as garb.

And even with that idea behind Tom Taylor's writing, it's still absolutely idiotic. However, everyone seems to eat this shit up, then again, I doubt they'd ever read a x-23 story.

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@theacidskull said:
@makhai said:

And even with that idea behind Tom Taylor's writing, it's still absolutely idiotic. However, everyone seems to eat this shit up, then again, I doubt they'd ever read a x-23 story.

Frankly, I agree with y'all. The dialogue still misses the mark for me, although I find the dialogue in this preview is a little better than the other. It still doesn't really feel like Laura, which is disappointing.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaubier said:
@theacidskull said:
@makhai said:
@theacidskull said:
@makhai said:

Frankly, I agree with y'all. The dialogue still misses the mark for me, although I find the dialogue in this preview is a little better than the other. It still doesn't really feel like Laura, which is disappointing.

I think Marvel may be taking a page out of DC's book in that they are not going to worry about continuity or consistency anymore with some titles. This might appeal to potential fans that are not interested in reading backstories but I have a hard time seeing how this does justice to the character, fans of the older stories, or even the older stories themselves. Maybe the series will change this decision but so long as they are writing Laura as "Wolverine wiht bewbs", I won't spend a single, shiny cent on it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Does that new Wolverine figure on the alternate cover come with a Bamf?

Does the new Wolverine have a Bamf sidekick!?

:v oh, buddy

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laura looks more muscular now, and definitely so in the shoulders. Does she still have the claws in her feet?