Exclusive Preview: ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #18

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Have you been reading ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN? These digital first comics (later collected in print form) are giving us "classic" Superman stories by many different great creators. The current 3-part arc is by two of my favorites - J.T. Krul and Marcus To. Superman's had to fight Mongul and this is where we see what happens afterwards.

Available for download Monday, August 26.

No Caption Provided

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #18

Chapter #18:

With Mongul in custody, Superman must to decide what to do with such a dangerous criminal. Will he follow in Jor-El's footsteps and banish him to the Phantom Zone along with General Zod?

Writer: J.T. Krul

Artist: Marcus To

Colorist: Ian Herring

Cover: Mitch and Elizabeth Breitweiser

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

looks good I might pick this up

first

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LaserLambert

God I'm so sick of General Lane, what an awful one note character, and he diminishes Lois as a character by mere association. He needs to go.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

WHY?!?!?!? WHY IS THIS NOT NEW 52 SUPERMAN?!?!??!?! IT SHOULD BE NEW 52 SUPERMAN!!!!!! COSTUME AND ALL!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY?!?!?!? WHY IS THIS NOT NEW 52 SUPERMAN?!?!??!?! IT SHOULD BE NEW 52 SUPERMAN!!!!!! COSTUME AND ALL!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!

EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@g_man: I know. I just think that if DC can give us THIS, then there shouldn't be any problems making New 52 Supes like this either.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the art

darth_geekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because the OLD costume, with the underwear outside, make him look like a big DORK.

that's why this is NOT in the new 52. and this is why MoS had no underwear outside either.

EVOLVE or die out.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@darth_geekboy: I don't know I've started to miss the underwear a bit now. I mean in Earth 1 they made it so that the underwear was attached to his costume. Doesn't mean he liked it. They could've made it his old makeshift suit or something then have it replaced. Whatever.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't you guys review this series? its been pretty good.

shol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just love this series! Every single chapter has provided well-written short stories on Superman and his family / friends and while I understand many are not pleased with the art choices for each issue, I just love seeing Superman drawn in various beautiful art styles. Can't wait for this chapter on Monday!

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is one of two series I collect monthly anymore. I'm really enjoying the stories! I love Marcus To, so I'm excited for this one.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Except for the underwear this is much better than all the print Superman series since the new 52 started.

It's sad but true.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The fact that this isn't in New 52 continuity is what makes this book great in my opinion. Absolutely love it.

damonhudson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just love this series my fav character is superman, i seriously don't understand why human not corporate with him while he was helping them. but i must say that ZOD is a biggest villain in this series even than LEX.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Why don't you guys review this series? its been pretty good.

this.......

this series has come up with some really interesting superman stories by different creative teams, its a good celebration of the 75th anniversary and i continue to buy it every week. Hopefully,its getting the recognition it deserves.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darth_geekboy: Outside the new costume(s) not all change is good change however.

In my opinion and from my personal experience of other people there have been enough complaints about the New 52 Superman and Man of Steel to revert him back to his "classical" status. Classic however does not mean campy nor an all powerful version of the character.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Scott Lobdell and Geoff Johns :(

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how could they have even hurt mongul?

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the red underwear returns.............

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@laserlambert:

I agree, I hate Lois Lane, yet even I think she doesn't deserve such a stupid dad.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@smart_dork_dude: Maybe they finally figured out that the New 52 is getting quite a few less than favorable reviews. Because of all the cluster-f*ck continuity. That being said, I don't want Superman to have the red panties back. I hate those things.

smithadam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

until I looked at the receipt saying $9029, I didnt believe ...that...my neighbour woz like actualey making money in their spare time on their apple labtop.. there aunts neighbour has done this for under and resently cleard the dept on there mini mansion and bought themselves a Jaguar E-type. we looked here....WWW.ℛush64.COℳ