Exclusive: ORIGINAL SIN Teasers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Last week some more details for Original Sin, Marvel's upcoming event, were revealed. Someone is going to kill the Watcher and steal his secrets. The big question is who is the killer?

Marvel has given us a couple exclusive teasers. It turns out that whoever has the Watcher's eyes, can discover all of the secrets of the Marvel Universe. When he was found, his eyes were missing.

It turns out that Thor is the one that discovers his body. Could these be suspects? That's how Marvel is billing it.

Here's a teaser with art by Agustin Alessio.

No Caption Provided

Here's another with art by Marco Checchetto.

No Caption Provided

Marvel released a couple more suspects on Marvel.com.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CBR posted a couple.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Newsarama also posted a couple.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Definitely the guy with the creepy smile.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I think it's Bucky.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Geez, how about they tell us who isn't a suspect?

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

I wonder why Hulk's crying.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Dat Thor cover is the best.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mrtummytumms said:

I think it's Bucky.

Yeah, it's Winter Soldier. And I think that's more of a gritting teeth kinda thing, not a smiling thing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So it looks like no one has any EYE-DEAS about who killed the Watcher am I right huh guys?

Loading Video...

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@mrtummytumms said:

I think it's Bucky.

Yeah, it's Winter Soldier. And I think that's more of a gritting teeth kinda thing, not a smiling thing.

Yep.
And that's Marvel,so from now on Winter Soldier a.k.a Bucky will look EXACLY like the one from the movie......

Avatar image for devourerofworlds
devourerofworlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really remember seeing Uatu with blue eyes before (usually just blank)....? Regardless, this event looks promising so far, pretty fresh idea to have a bunch of skeletons in marvels closet come out and effect the characters individually with meaningful tie-in stories for each one as well as a big battle rather then throw them together in a big battle that seems meaningless to a bunch of the characters and have half baked forced tie-ins. Glad marvel is trying to step their "event" game up ever since the disappointing cluster f**** that was age of Ultron..

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Mercy_

The Black Widow cover is toooo gorgeous

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By powerplay

I really doubt any of the characters in these teasers killed the watcher. How would Spider-man even get to the moon on his own? I think this might just be a list of the characters who have some kind of secret revealed to them.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@wardishy said:

Also that Marco Checchetto art looks pretty cool.

it does indeed, just to let you know he is coming on interiors on avengers world in may

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

Why does Bucky look like Fire Marshall Bill?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

Also that Marco Checchetto art looks pretty cool.

it does indeed, just to let you know he is coming on interiors on avengers world in may

Hey, thanks man! I was not aware of that.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The "movie" Avengers all look sad. Bucky and Peter(or is it Otto) have smiles and Wolverine looks shocked. I'm going with Cyclops, the modern day Scott Summers. And i'm guessing he will replace Uatu and the Cyclops from the past will take current day Cyclops' place in the present.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wow, what a creative choice of characters...

I saw an article that mentioned some less obvious characters being involved, so why just go with the mainstream ones for the teasers? I know people will say it's because they're popular, but wouldn't using the lesserknowns for this be good promotion for them?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Thor teaser looks fantastic. Iron Man as well.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: .....he's looked like that for quite some time now.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I think Nick Fury, Sr. is the one who killed The Watcher, he's basically obsessed with knowing everything about everything and knowing what The Watcher knows is basically the holy grail of secrets. This whole thing of gathering various heroes to figure out who the "mystery killer" is probably just Fury's way of covering his tracks and keep the suspicion off of himself.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrestling swerve coming, thats my guess at least.

Something like a alternate version of the 616 heroes 15 minutes before the 616 we read come into contact with the watcher murder him and this leads to a is X who they say they are WHO CAN WE TRUST!!!

DUSTY FINISH TY TY

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Please tell me this crap is not going to infect the God of Thunder book

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

@punyparker: .....he's looked like that for quite some time now.

I'm not a Cap fan,so i believe you.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, what a creative choice of characters...

I saw an article that mentioned some less obvious characters being involved, so why just go with the mainstream ones for the teasers? I know people will say it's because they're popular, but wouldn't using the lesserknowns for this be good promotion for them?

They're not interested in promoting the characters, they're interested in promoting the event and the best way to do that is show characters that people who don't actively read the comics will recognize and be interested in

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please tell me this crap is not going to infect the God of Thunder book

According to the live chat the event will be line-wide but we'll have to wait and see June's solicits before we find out. I'm hoping for a miniseries but a direct tie-in seems more likely based on May's Avenger solicits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Was hoping for a Deadpool teaser.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_ray_jay:

It will be

Both Thor god Of thunder and Loki agent of Asgard will tie in to it, which makes perfect sense when you think about it with Loki now being a spy for the all mother

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: That's Superior Spidey.

Personally, I think it was probably one of the Illuminati members trying to cover up their actions.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: @movieartman: Ugh Noooooo! One of the things I've loved about GOT has been the fact that it's remained self contained and not part of these damn events

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like it to be one of these:

Apocalypse

Terrax

Ares (somehow back)

Dr Doom

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

We all have skeletons in the closet. Time to find out theirs.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By justice teen

I haven't read a marvel comic in a while but how in the hell do you kill the watcher? Also wouldn't a villain have killed him instead of a hero?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@raggedscarecrow: @movieartman: Ugh Noooooo! One of the things I've loved about GOT has been the fact that it's remained self contained and not part of these damn events

You won't need to read Original Sin. The Tie in will just be revealing the skeleton in the closet that is a side effect of the event,

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet its Bendis

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

Based on the May solicit, Thor will still be involved in the "Last Days of Midgard" story arc and won't be joining Original Sin, immediately at least. My guess is there's an Original Sin: Thor miniseries looming, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part. Worst case scenario, Aaron pens an OS tie-in story after the current arc finishes.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

only one woman shocker, like literally what's the point. anyways spidey and thor's teasers look cool. not many (if any) earth villains know about the watcher so perhaps his killer is a cosmic foe? and how does he come to the conclusion that the watcher's eyes holds secrets instead of his mind?

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bucky look like the comedian

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@raggedscarecrow said:

@omega_ray_jay said:

Based on the May solicit, Thor will still be involved in the "Last Days of Midgard" story arc and won't be joining Original Sin, immediately at least. My guess is there's an Original Sin: Thor miniseries looming, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part. Worst case scenario, Aaron pens an OS tie-in story after the current arc finishes.

Yeah, I hope its just going to be a mini alone. I hate it when these events invade the book, it just ruins the flow of the series and if your not reading the main plot, makes very little sense.

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

@raggedscarecrow said:

@omega_ray_jay said:

Yeah, I hope its just going to be a mini alone. I hate it when these events invade the book, it just ruins the flow of the series and if your not reading the main plot, makes very little sense.

Agreed and AvX and BotA proved it. I especially hate BotA because it basically killed Wood's new X-Men title by stealing a member and forcing him to write 3 issues of irrelevant filler where his team had no panel time. It was disrespectful to him and the work he's doing. AvX was only awful because it dragged on forever and everybody felt the need to tie-in to it.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@raggedscarecrow said:
@omega_ray_jay said:

@raggedscarecrow said:

@omega_ray_jay said:

Agreed and AvX and BotA proved it. I especially hate BotA because it basically killed Wood's new X-Men title by stealing a member and forcing him to write 3 issues of irrelevant filler where his team had no panel time. It was disrespectful to him and the work he's doing. AvX was only awful because it dragged on forever and everybody felt the need to tie-in to it.

Fortunately nothing I was reading was effected by either of those particular events, but the straw that broke the camel's back for me was Fear Itself. I was reading Secret Avengers at the time, admittedly not the most stellar of books, but when it finally started to get some traction it was high-jacked by FIT and was reduced to nothing more than 3 filler issues that made no sense. I opened the book that I think was focused on Beast to see huge Nazi robots attacking Washington, I had no idea what was going on and frankly the scene looked bloody ridiculous.

The V0id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The V0id

"Who shot the Watcher?"..."Who shot Bruce Banner?"...

My guess.....it's the Punisher!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It must be Tony Stark, this bastard gets away with every bit of filth he does.