• 59 results
Posted by G-Man (29428 posts) - - Show Bio

June brings big changes to the GREEN LANTERN family of books. Besides Geoff Johns ending his nine year run, the entire line of books is pretty much seeing new creative changes. Change can be good and keeps everyone on their toes.

As the current GL books are going through the Wrath of the First Lantern story, there's been some questions as to what happens next. If you read GREEN LANTERN #19, you know big things just happened. We've seen the June solicits already but the July ones shed more light on what's happening. As with all solicits, there may be some spoilers to the current issues.

GREEN LANTERN #22

Larfleeze arrives on Oa to find the Corps at their most desperate, while Hal is forced to throw new Green Lantern recruits into a battle they might not win! And don’t miss the birth of a brand new threat.

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art and cover by BILLY TAN and RICHARD FRIEND

1:25 Variant cover by RAGS MORALES

On sale JULY 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $3.99 US

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #22

John Stewart is the only Lantern who knows about a terrible threat coming for the universe…but if he makes it back to Oa, will he choose to serve in an unrecognizable Corps made up of the strangest new recruits ever to wield a ring?

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN

Art and cover by BERNARD CHANG

On sale JULY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #22

Witness the beginnings of the next major Green Lantern villain in this issue! Something terrible has emerged from the Anomaly at the edge of the universe—and it’s going to tear Kyle Rayner apart!

Written by JUSTIN JORDAN

Art by BRAD WALKER and DREW HENNESSY

Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

On sale JULY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

RED LANTERNS #22

Guy Gardner has suddenly found himself at the top of the Red Lantern food chain—but in a pack of bloodthirsty animals like these, everyone’s a predator! If he wants their respect, he’s gonna need the nastiest piece of work in the Corps on his side…but Bleez has her own ideas about what Guy Gardner’s got coming to him!

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art and cover by ALESSANDRO VITTI

On sale JULY 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

LARFLEEZE #2

Larfleeze faces the celestial being known as the “Laord of the Hunt”! Will our Orange Lantern end up stuffed and mounted on the wall of a cosmic lodge as a trophy?

Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art by SCOTT KOLINS

Cover by HOWARD PORTER

1:25 B&W Variant cover by HOWARD PORTER

On sale JULY 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Staff Online
#1 Posted by TommytheHitman (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Larlfleeze? Awesome! I hereby declare July Larlfleeze month!

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

these look great! hyped.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they're focusing on Larfleeze a little more. He's become the comic relief for GL books as of late, and he's really much more dangerous and complicated than that.

#4 Edited by kid Apollo (697 posts) - - Show Bio

dont ask me why... but i hart Guy Gardner

#5 Edited by iridechocobos (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It kinda looks like John is giving the finger hahaha.

#6 Posted by Oscars94 (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

why are all the Earth Green Lanterns dissing the Corps? Kyle is a Yellow Lantern and Guy is a Red Lantern? DAFUQ?

#7 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Lanterns looks really interesting.

GLC looks kind of bad since we already know that DC had the stupid idea to kill John and got shot down by the common sense.

#8 Posted by Dreadmaster (16776 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these titles look great. WHY CAN'T I BUY THEM ALL?!?!

#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

why are all the Earth Green Lanterns dissing the Corps? Kyle is a Yellow Lantern and Guy is a Red Lantern? DAFUQ?

No Kyle is a White Lantern. He just looks yellow from the lighting/coloring.

#10 Edited by Burns2k (15 posts) - - Show Bio

love what's planned for july

#11 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a whole new corps? It seems like all of the other green lanterns are new.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (6421 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy and Bleez together is disgusting.

GL and Larfleeze look good. I still wish we had Fialkov, though.

#13 Posted by Oscars94 (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123: I know,but I heard rumours of him becoming a Yellow Lantern.

#14 Posted by Mucklefluga (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy's a Red Lantern now ?!?!

#15 Posted by xAnimosity (182 posts) - - Show Bio

GL 22 cover is sick.

#16 Posted by Akindoodle (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, they've found something to DO with John Stewart!

#17 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pick up GL, GLC, and RLC. I'm happy DC is finally done ignoring John.

It kinda looks like John is giving the finger hahaha.

He's flipping off the people who wanted to kill him off, haha.

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger" -GoT

#18 Posted by bob808 (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Larlfleeze

#19 Posted by The Average Bear (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

I always loved Guy as a Red Lantern. But i see he still has a green glove and ring so maybe he's going undercover? Or is part of both Corps again?

#20 Posted by Bluefox170 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman said:

Larlfleeze? Awesome! I hereby declare July Larlfleeze month!

Why not June?

#21 Edited by sagejonathan (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for Venditti's run on Green Lantern.

#22 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely getting GL and New Guardians. Maybe GLC as well.

#23 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

btw, John is totally giving the finger in that cover

#24 Posted by DustinStauffer (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

It is a whole new corps? It seems like all of the other green lanterns are new.

From the interviews the authors said they are having to add a lot more new members to the GL: Corps. Basically a ton have died in Johns run and not many have been replaced since Krona really. So its a bunch of new recruits. Some of the classic members will still be around, so no worries there.

#25 Posted by DustinStauffer (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, before Fialkov left there was a story in place where Guy becomes a red lantern. Looks like that story is continuing. I don't really see an issue with it in all honesty. People always complain that there are "to many earth lanterns" so this is a way of addressing while still keeping the character around. Kyle is a white lantern and Guy is a red (which came up from Johns run as you know during blackest night). Not really sure what this means for ol' Atrocitus

#26 Edited by Lvenger (16058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see Larfleeze getting some due focus in the Green Lantern titles. Takes away from the fact that Fialkov has been unfairly booted off GLC and RL. Still Green Lantern and New Guardians won't be affected by this. Looking forward to what Venditti has in store in Green Lantern.

#27 Posted by longbowhunter (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis back together again. As a JLI fan that makes me very happy.

#28 Edited by JakeN7 (4921 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs more Simon Baz

#29 Posted by Azjenco (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

Yes, the symbol on his chest is proof thereof.

#30 Posted by kriminal (580 posts) - - Show Bio

guy garder as a red lantern might help the series. i am behind on green lantern so i guess i better catch up. i was hoping simon baz would get the lead in glc or new guardians. hes my favorite green lantern right now

#31 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

GLC is a John Stewart book now? Cool.

Guy in Red Lantern Corps now? I have to catch up with the GL corner of DC.

#32 Posted by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

Picking them all up

#33 Posted by Dernman (14024 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not liking the direction these books are taking. Oh well I guess it frees me up for some more Marvel Now books.

#34 Edited by SmashBrawler (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad Fialkov is not coming back, I guess I'll just resign myself to drop GLC and RL.

But... what is this? J.M. DeMatteis joins Keith Giffen in Larfleeze? Yes! Now that is awesome! These two guys could make me read Hank Hall's biography if they went with a humorous take on it! I was already on board with this series but now I can't wait for it to come out.

#35 Posted by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

larfleeze in his own book!!!!!!!!!!! yeah. and new kid lanterns? cool

#36 Posted by UrbanChill (203 posts) - - Show Bio

i take it simon baz is dead by this time then since he isnt being mentioned at all and hal has his ring back

#37 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna miss the creative teams, but also think the new guys are going to be good. So, I'm excited for that. Larfleeze is gonna be great, though. Keith Giffen has been doing great things on the backups, I just love his humor.

#38 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11735 posts) - - Show Bio

i take it simon baz is dead by this time then since he isnt being mentioned at all and hal has his ring back

no, he's exclusively appearing in JLA apparently.

#39 Edited by The Stegman (20782 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw snap, Guy gettin' some of that Bleez bootay.

And I still don't care about Larfleeze, I don't care how big of a "following' he apparently has.

#40 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, they've found something to DO with John Stewart!

#42 Posted by MrShway88 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

When will Saint Walker get his chance to shine?

#43 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Lanterns looks really interesting.

GLC looks kind of bad since we already know that DC had the stupid idea to kill John and got shot down by the common sense.

This. I will have these on my list of check out issues.

#44 Edited by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman: Larfleeze is the coolest!!!!

I hope they don't ruin Kyle Rayner, he's always been a cut above the rest, that's why I liked him as Ion and now this White Lantern. I also like Hal more as Parallax.

#45 Posted by Shieldbearer (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@azjenco said:

@doordoor123 said:

@oscars94 said:

Yes, the symbol on his chest is proof thereof.

That and White Lantern trumps all other colors.

#46 Posted by Sifighter (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to get Larfleeze, he is a funny character and I love what Keith Giffen is doing with him in threshold.

#47 Posted by Oscars94 (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@azjenco: I know he is a White Lantern, but I guess his membership of the Yellow Lanterns has been exaggerated. However, I heard Sinestro's going back to yellow. Is this true?

#48 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: If we go by the latest Green Lantern issue then yes, it's true.

#49 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little uneasy about all of the change ups, but I'm still going to be picking these books up. Hopefully I end up loving it. It seems like either GL or GLC could turn into a "Wolverine and the X-Men" type book with there being a training facility for a the seemingly new young GL's. Or I could totally be wrong. I'm excited for Larfleeze, he's got that comic relief that I feel DC doesn't have with their books. I'm partly hoping he could be like Deadpool in the sense it's a comedic book additional with killing + breaking of the fourth wall.

Oh and lastly, I'm all for Guy becoming a Red Lantern but it kind of seems pointless to me because we just got Rankorr as our human RL. I don't think they need two human RL's.

#50 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga said:

Yeah, before Fialkov left there was a story in place where Guy becomes a red lantern. Looks like that story is continuing. I don't really see an issue with it in all honesty. People always complain that there are "to many earth lanterns" so this is a way of addressing while still keeping the character around. Kyle is a white lantern and Guy is a red (which came up from Johns run as you know during blackest night). Not really sure what this means for ol' Atrocitus

Look at who Guy is on top of, also in the latest RL issue Atrocitus orders the Corps to kill him.