Exclusive First Look: THOR #6

• 101 results
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

At first I was really disappointed that Esad Ribic won't be on art duty, but I started loving Dauterman so muchhh!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When the new Thor's identity is revealed, M. Night Shyamalan is gonna pop out from behind a bush & say "OOO What a shocker!!"

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

@asgaard: Marvel's pretty clearly buying good press from a few sites. There's the 5 star review of the last issue which may have been the worst ever, and the fact that over the last few months The Onion AV Club has essentially become a Marvel fansite.

I smell a conspiracy!

Who gives a flip about the amount of stars!?! It's certainly nice to have such ratings and reviews in general but one should never read too much into it. And if you don't like female-Thor then do yourself a favor and stop following and reading it. Don't let it even bother you.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gosh, Darterman is a beast on this art. I'm quite upset I've never see the rainbow bridge look so good.

That bridge is beautiful!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I was sorta hoping issue 4's art would stick.

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@captainmarvel4ever: I was thinking the same, but then the Secret Wars issue 2 cover came out, and Thor girl and Lady Thor are both on the cover (unless it is Thor girl from earlier in the time line)...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@sturmritter: too bad. you are missing an awesome run. oh and since you probably wont read it anywhere else. odinson's new arm was made by the same dwarf that made his hammer. i forget what its all made of cause its not pure uru. its said to last longer than mjolnir and be stronger, interesting to see him test that out

TheDanquah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad: Hah, spot-on.

Worst thing is people claiming it to be bad writing. Like, aside from reading stories, what do they know about writing? This run is truly entertaining and the haters even more so!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your not reading this book than you have no right to comment on its quality. Beyond commenting on its previews. If you are reading this book and belive it is of poor quality than stop buying it. If you stop buying it then maybe if you're really lucky the sales will drop just enough that Marvel will return us to the "Status Quo". Also if you drop this book maybe you'll have enough money to support a comic that you do like! Wouldn't supporting something you like and discussing it with other likeminded people be more exciting and productive than tearing down something you don't like in a selfish attempt to ruin a strangers good time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10: his arm is made from Black Uru. Are you sure it was made by the same dwarf who made Mjolnir? I know it was delivered by the same dwarf who helped fight Malekeith in the League of Realms but I recal that dwarf saying that hundreds of dwarfs worked to "pound (the arm) into shape"

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Still enjoying this one

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I'm really digging both the story and the art so far on this! It's a nice change.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say she is a clone of Thor created by Freya, and when Thor learns some lesson him and her will merge into one Thor lol gods are weird like that.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad: Hah, spot-on.

Worst thing is people claiming it to be bad writing. Like, aside from reading stories, what do they know about writing? This run is truly entertaining and the haters even more so!

Quantify writing quality is always subjective like movies quality, but you are also very entertaining, so you thought that Thor wasn't the Thunder God anymore, because he isn't worthy of Mjolnir? But you still criticize other users for criticizing Aaron's writing, how can you know if Thor Odinson is well written or not, if you don't know that he still has control of the lightnings and storms etc.

What about you read TGOT? Maybe you could learn that Thor was born Thor God of Thunder, young Thor would tell you something, it's funny how people who usually don't read Thor think they know everything about Asgard and the Asgardian characters after reading 5 issues from female Thor, in some cases only the previews, in every preview there are a lot of comments that don't fit the new book plot.

Aaron's creative decisions can be criticize like any other writer creative decisions, how he is writing Odin doesn't fit the character core essential elements, he just gave an eye for wisdom, his behavior and motivations are just stupid or should i say very bad writing to fit the plot, this thing called P.I.S.

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

@asgaard: Marvel's pretty clearly buying good press from a few sites. There's the 5 star review of the last issue which may have been the worst ever, and the fact that over the last few months The Onion AV Club has essentially become a Marvel fansite.

I smell a conspiracy!

Who gives a flip about the amount of stars!?! It's certainly nice to have such ratings and reviews in general but one should never read too much into it. And if you don't like female-Thor then do yourself a favor and stop following and reading it. Don't let it even bother you.

That is always a valid point, but for ex. CBR has many Marvel exclusive previews, and a weekly interview with Axel Alonso, where never hard questions are made, it's like "Everything is Awesome" Lego Movie Style, so i wonder if there isn't a connection there.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's definitely Loki. lol

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69  Edited By WarlordEternal

Gosh, Darterman is a beast on this art. I'm quite upset I've never see the rainbow bridge look so good.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How they did Heimdall is gorgeous.

I hope they finally reveal who it is, and make it an amazing reveal. Aka, anyone not the really obvious choice of Roz.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

COMICVINE - please i am begging you, PLEASE stop putting water marks on your preview images, your the only site we can get previews this HD, please stop ruining it.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I want enchantress to be the new thor so bad.

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sturmritter

@sturmritter said:

@perfect_10 said:

@sturmritter: you obviously dont read any thor books lol. Thor has been referred to as Thor Odinson (last name) for YEARS. Odin is Odin Borson. and she didnt STEAL the name, she EARNED it. thor even gave her his blessing in issue 4. and who cares about majority??? INDIVIDUALITY IS WHERE ITS AT. sigh so sad yall are stuck on that 'popular' crap. super tv high school

You know what? You're absolutely right. I don't read this crap. I see the artwork is pretty good, but I've got 10 years worth of old Thor comics collected to keep me busy without dealing with a so-called goddess of thunder. She EARNED it, whatever. You keep believing that. Just because Aaron is an idiot, doesn't mean I have to buy into it.

I like how the man puts out one of the best Thor runs in recent years and when he makes a change that people don't like, it automatically makes him an idiot.

That change was not minor. And yes, the decision he made to do it was idiotic. Let me be clear, I'll rephrase and say the decision was idiotic, not Jason himself. But even if he wrote the most brilliant piece of work before, it has no bearing on the current title, which is a complete and utter disaster in my, and many others, opinion.

Also, I just noticed that the controversy got a lot bigger, with a piece published in Breitbart news:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/14/female-thor-is-what-happens-when-progressive-hand-wringing-and-misandry-ruin-a-cherished-art-form/

So I expect that things will get even more heated.

The decision Jason made to make Thor female was a disaster, and should be retcon'd.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@mangakid1995: im pretty sure that is how odin introduced him as the dwarf who made mjolnir. and if im not mistaken it was a group of brothers not just him alone that made it. but i could be wrong, im no batgirl lol

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad said:

@sturmritter said:

@perfect_10 said:

@sturmritter: you obviously dont read any thor books lol. Thor has been referred to as Thor Odinson (last name) for YEARS. Odin is Odin Borson. and she didnt STEAL the name, she EARNED it. thor even gave her his blessing in issue 4. and who cares about majority??? INDIVIDUALITY IS WHERE ITS AT. sigh so sad yall are stuck on that 'popular' crap. super tv high school

You know what? You're absolutely right. I don't read this crap. I see the artwork is pretty good, but I've got 10 years worth of old Thor comics collected to keep me busy without dealing with a so-called goddess of thunder. She EARNED it, whatever. You keep believing that. Just because Aaron is an idiot, doesn't mean I have to buy into it.

I like how the man puts out one of the best Thor runs in recent years and when he makes a change that people don't like, it automatically makes him an idiot.

That change was not minor. And yes, the decision he made to do it was idiotic. Let me be clear, I'll rephrase and say the decision was idiotic, not Jason himself. But even if he wrote the most brilliant piece of work before, it has no bearing on the current title, which is a complete and utter disaster in my, and many others, opinion.

Also, I just noticed that the controversy got a lot bigger, with a piece published in Breitbart news:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/14/female-thor-is-what-happens-when-progressive-hand-wringing-and-misandry-ruin-a-cherished-art-form/

So I expect that things will get even more heated.

The decision Jason made to make Thor female was a disaster, and should be retcon'd.

At least the issue 5 free pass review was not only in comicvine... This wrong interpretations of gender equality free pass reviews to such bad writing, always me laugh.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I find completely hilarious is how this new "Thor" has polarized the long time fans and readers of Thor. Seems like everyone either thinks it's a sooper great book, or TOTALLY hates it. Me personally, I have to admit, love the art, hate the story. Sorry.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antihero_jaymok: Setting two groups of fans against each other is something marvel is very good at and in my opinion thoroughly enjoys.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dauterman continues to push out gorgeous art. I'm hanging on. Hopefully the story starts to pick up and consistency problems can be addressed or at least put to rest. I do look forward to having the original Thor interact with the people on the list shown in the last issue.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to who she is, don't keep buying the book.

Marvel will drag it out if you keep buying in like they did with Red Hulk and Superior Spider-man.

Avatar image for thefastestmanalive
thefastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did they make Thor a girl that's horrible

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see no reason to outright hate or like the book itself(though i hate the obvious PR stunt behind it). The art is great, the story is... meh? I mean it's not terrible but it's not great. What has the new Thor done so far that the old one couldn't? Which new enemies, threats did she face that the old one didn't? What difference did she make or create?

Like it or not this whole book rides on a premise that Thor is now a girl and that we don't yet know who she is... That's it. Once that dies out what will she have going for her? Does anyone really think she will have her own ongoing series once the real Thor comes back?

To all the people that are infatuate with the book, have you ever even read a single Thor comic book before Sept 2014?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I don't think the premise is that this new Thor is a girl, it's premise seems to be that the old Thor is such a complete looser now that anyone can grab the hammer and be Thor.

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

i love the Art, hate the story. is that even possible

What I find completely hilarious is how this new "Thor" has polarized the long time fans and readers of Thor. Seems like everyone either thinks it's a sooper great book, or TOTALLY hates it. Me personally, I have to admit, love the art, hate the story. Sorry.

Definitely These ^^

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long are they going to drag out this "who is she" story?

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

I don't think the premise is that this new Thor is a girl, it's premise seems to be that the old Thor is such a complete looser now that anyone can grab the hammer and be Thor.

No because Odin couldn't even lift it.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really want to read this series. Dauterman's art is fantastic and I'm honestly a bit interested in this new Thor. Only problem is, my LCS is forever sold out of the 1st issue. Someday...

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet. I'm liking this Thor.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@the_mighty_monarch: The guy who built it can't lift it. Looser son, looser father, anything to make the new girl look good.

tackelberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: Marvel will drag this out as long as possible.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am an long time Thor fan. New Thor is not very interesting to me.

tackelberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By tackelberry

So Marvel is never going to explain how someone else, woman or not, has the name/title of THOR? Isn't Thor the Odinson's name??? It doesn't make any sense. Thor is Thor. If someone else picks up his Hammer and starts whipping it around that doesn't mean that someones name has to be Thor also. Captain America wielded the Hammer once, did his name temporarily become Thor? No.

Explain this Jason Aaron.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

So Marvel is never going to explain how someone else, woman or not, has the name/title of THOR? Isn't Thor the Odinson's name??? It doesn't make any sense. Thor is Thor. If someone else picks up his Hammer and starts whipping it around that doesn't mean that someones name has to be Thor also. Captain America wielded the Hammer once, did his name temporarily become Thor? No.

Explain this Jason Aaron.

Thor bequeathed the name to her.

tackelberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mighty_monarch: That's stupid. Jason and Marvel are just using Thor's long standing name to sell her. And people eat it up, for now anyway.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10: "Earned it?" LMAO......Aaron had him give it to her to justify his dumb a$$ storyline. Real THOR would never mope around or give up his name.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: nope. That last part about ruining it for people who like it is what really makes my day. I have been deprived of my favorite character and series and have nothing to read now. So lots of spare hobby down time. Gotta use it somewhere and constructively!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously its Roz

bjarngrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is a masterpiece, absolutely the opposite to the crappy "story".