Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite Entertainment and Eric Trautmann continue the story of Flash Gordon. Most of us are familiar with the basic story. Flash, Zarkov and Dale journey to Mongo and fight Ming the Merciless. How long can that fight last and what comes next? Looks like we might be finding out those answers.

Dynamite Entertainment has given us an exclusive first look at FLASH GORDON #9 on sale in July.

FLASH GORDON: ZEITGEIST #9

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by ERIC TRAUTMANN

Art by DANIEL INDRO

Cover by ALEX ROSS

Ming has been defeated! Long live Flash Gordon! Following the daring assault on Mingo City, peace reigns across the kingdoms of Mongo... or does it? The dethroned Emperor's reach is long, old enmities still smolder between rival Kings, and Flash Gordon, Dale Arden, and Dr. Hans Zarkov discover just how alien a world Mongo really is.
#1 Posted by BrendanDeneen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If you love Flash Gordon comics, check out FLASH GORDON: THE MERCY WARS #0 and #1 for FREE here: www.Ardden-Entertainment.com

We've been publishing Flash Gordon comics since 2008 and have received rave reviews from Publishers Weekly, Ain't It Cool News and more!

Our next story arc launches in a couple weeks, entitled THE VENGEANCE OF MING!

Thanks!

#2 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Flash Gordon as a kid and the comic book (with the excellent artwork) does not disappoint.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

When is Alex Ross coming back to DC?

#4 Posted by MysteryMan38 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been keeping up with the comic so far, and I am not disappointed. I may only be 19 years old, but I've got an old soul for the things of the past. Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, The Shadow, Doc Savage, old movies, music and radio shows. Its times like this I had been born during the 20th century instead of the 90's and growing up in this tech and media soaked age. Granted things weren't great then either, but, well values were different, so much was better. Long live the Golden Days, may their memory never fade!

#5 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Ming has been defeated, what's Flash going to do next?

HE'S GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!

#6 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

::begins to sing "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" to the celebration of Ming's defeat:: This is wonderful! And amazing artwork too!

#7 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (364 posts) - - Show Bio

@BrendanDeneen said:

If you love Flash Gordon comics, check out FLASH GORDON: THE
MERCY WARS #0 and #1 for FREE here: www.Ardden-Entertainment.com

We've been publishing Flash Gordon comics since 2008 and
have received rave reviews from Publishers Weekly, Ain't It Cool News and more!

Our next story arc launches in a couple weeks, entitled THE
VENGEANCE OF MING!

Thanks!

No. Thank YOU!!! Very impressive comics. Well done!

#8 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman and Green Arrow are there O_O

look at the crowd :P

#9 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic's ... i love how DE always brings back classics