Exclusive First Look: FANTASTIC FOUR #16 (Final Issue)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

FANTASTIC FOUR is ending next month. But we can all relax because the series will, of course, be back (with James Robinson writing). The stories in both FANTASTIC FOUR and FF are reaching their conclusion as Doctor Doom's plan plays out.

Check out this exclusive first look at the final issue.

No Caption Provided

FANTASTIC FOUR #16

MATT FRACTION & KARL KESEL (W) • RAFF IENCO (A)

Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Published: January 15, 2014

Rating: Rated T

FINAL ISSUE!

The Fantastic Four are… DOOMED! Dr. Doom has taken on the power of Kang and Annihilus and is supreme ruler of the entire world. Good News: this is in the Doomed Universe. Bad News: our universe is next. The only ones in his way are the Fantastic Four and… the Fantastic Four! The Elemental Eight face off against Doom the Annihilating Conqueror with the fate of infinite realities in the balance! Plus the fate of Old John Storm! All in the fiery finish to the most mind-bending F4 adventure ever!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1 inferiorego  Staff

That first page is awesome

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm going to miss you FF costumes :'(

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Call me old fashioned but Marvels nee practice of relaunching a book with a new number 1 after a creative team switch kinda bothers me. Other than that the covers cool at least.

willforthrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Gosh. Only two more issues. If it weren't for the awesomeness that is FF, I would have dropped this book long ago. But there are only two more issues and I am going to see Matt Fraction's story through, even if he didn't.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

@willforthrill: I'd assume that was more Marvel's decision than his. But again, the problem I have with ending a 'series' and have it relaunch. It kind of says the last few issues don't matter. It's the same with them pulling (I assume) Bagely off the book to do CATACLYSM. It feels like Marvel is saying those are more important. But who knows.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

So dumb they're ending this series, Daredevil, Wolverine and the X-men plus a lot others just to re-brand them with #1...annoying but I'll still read them.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facemelter88: I'm sure their market research shows it works. People like reading series with lower numbers. They feel they can jump on easier. We just hate it because we want to preserve the continuity and longevity of a series. I've become okay with the renumbering as long as we keep getting the characters in stories.

American_Flag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By American_Flag

"Let's relaunch a book after every major story arc or creative team change". Come on man. This is getting old. I'm really enjoying this series but don't think I will follow it through another relaunch.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Growl! Relaunch...

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Doom The Annihilating Conqueror been a regular part of this series?

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@themanintheshoe: That's where I've seen him, as I read FF but not Fantastic Four. I'll maybe need to get this issue.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mucklefluga: me three! Still not sold on the red ones.

So I guess the re-relaunch will feature a regular cover, a guest cover, four individual interlocking covers, an homage cover and a regular variant cover? Will this issue have all of that as well? The variants are getting as tiresome as the re-re-relaunches.

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the cover (Bagley's my fav artist) and though the story is a little wonky I'm excited to see how it all unfolds. Sadly I don't think I'm going to get the new series. There's only so many books you can afford to get each week. :(

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

Call me old fashioned but Marvels nee practice of relaunching a book with a new number 1 after a creative team switch kinda bothers me. Other than that the covers cool at least.

I agree. so many titles are getting new number 1's like every year.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Damn Bagley!!.....draw Ock as Spider-Man!!....dont get carried away by the oldfashioned Peter Parker!

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

Great homage cover there, although when you look at where the Thing's feet are it looks like he should be falling off into the crowd.

Darklexeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really hoping Old Johnny doesn't die, since I really do like his character. I will also very dearly miss FF.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@g_man: It seems ot me that their entire marketing strategy is based upon buyers tendency towards collected editions, so they're formatting their series to run the same kind of way. Also providing readers with constant 'jumping on' points every year or two. I think it will have short term benefits for new readers, but might alienate and confuse over time. I mean, if i was starting to read comics now, i wouldn't know where th hell to start. Would you? :)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The villain is badass and 2 Sue Storms YES PLEASE