EXCLUSIVE: Final Issue Issue of STATIC SHOCK 4-Page Preview

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

All good things must come to an end, which happens to be the case for STATIC SHOCK. The series will see the release of issue #8 next Wednesday, April 4th, which also happens to be the final issue in this ongoing series. There's no doubt that Static has had to deal with some serious action since the start of his series. From an ensemble of new villains to volcano's erupting in the middle of New York City, and some changes made to the book's creative team, eight issues into his series and he's already been through so much.

No Caption Provided

The eighth and final issue of STATIC SHOCK will force the hero to put his fists down and talk his latest adversary off the ledge. But will he succeed? Check out the 4-page preview of STATIC SHOCK below, written by Marc Bernardin with art by Scott McDaniel and Andy Owens. Have you been reading the series? Are you sad to see it end?

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Written by MARC BERNARDIN
Art by SCOTT McDANIEL and ANDY OWENS
Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH and LE BEAU UNDERWOOD
On sale APRIL 4
Static has faced some of the most merciless and deadly villains that both New York City and Dakota City have to offer, but now he finds himself face-to-face with a woman who holds his future in her hands and has the power to destroy it: the school psychologist! In one conversation that covers his new life in NYC and the life he left behind, we’ll get new insights into what makes Virgil Hawkins tick. And maybe Virgil hasn’t been as careful at hiding his secret identity as he thought.
pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pspin

Sad to see this go. This is the fifth series I read in four weeks to cet cancelled. This sucks...

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Here's hoping Static Shock goes out in a bang.

It wouldn't be a shock if it didn't (pun intended).

Sakurafire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sakurafire

Would be nice if he were recurring in Teen Titans.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Static has potential to be DC's Spider-man. Static deserves another chance.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sad to see it go now considering the circumstances we now know.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Sakurafire said:

he is going to be joining the team 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Ugh...the character has such potential...man, hate to see this go. 

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By The Impersonator

I'm shocked to see that the series have gone static.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

I don't care how bad this was I'm sad to see it go.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zackattack529

sucks this series is getin cancelled. but wasnt a very good series.

but good thing is we will see more of him in the teen titans title :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kidchipotle

@BlackArmor said:

I don't care how bad this was I'm sad to see it go.

This. I loved Static

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WildStyle

What a shame.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By emirblade

sad to see this title go. He is a cool character.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By RedK

@spiderbat87 said:

@Sakurafire said:

he is going to be joining the team

can't wait till he joins them, would also love to see him as a character in the hawkman series after reading the last issue, it could be a pretty cool dynamic

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cagedleo730

Nice to see that they addressed the whole Volcano thing. Wonder if Supergirl mentions it either. That whole volcano thing in Captain Atom #1 didn't make sense anyways.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Mbecks14

I hope Static gets a second chance!

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Whatever happens for Static in the future let it be him either teaming up/ joining Teen Titans

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver Zeal

@zackattack529 said:

sucks this series is getin cancelled. but wasnt a very good series.

but good thing is we will see more of him in the teen titans title :)

D series wasnt bad in itself but bcuz of d rumblings in d creative team allocated 2 it which we/SZ blame DC.

Rozum who was supposed 2 b d writer of d buk never had a chance 2 put any of his ideas in d buk except 4 naming a fyzix skool after McDuffie & hving Hardware as Static's mentor, other dan dat d rest of d rubbish from was forced down Rozum's throat by McDaniel(d buks terrible artist & a very inexperienced writer compared 2 Rozum) & d editor who DC decided 2 support.

Rozum was creatively sidelined untop of which he could tell hw rubbish d story was which is y he left d buk...& guess wat soon after Rozum left Static Shock DC announces its cancellation.

If DC was smart dey shud hv fired McDaniel & Richardson(editor) of d buk...bring bak Rozum as writer accompanied with a different editor with Khary Randolph(cover artist of tatic Shock) doing interior art. But since DC went thru all d trouble of hiring a nu writer(Marc Bernardin) den y not gv d nu writer a chance 2 put his nu ideas in2 Static Shock rather DC decides 2 cancel d buk almost as soon as d nu writer was hired given only 2 issues 2 write.

It is incredibly unfair 2 d nu writer Marc Bernardin.

McDaniel finishd his arc in #6 when DC had decided 2 cancel d buk dey shud hv done so den but y go thru d trouble of getting a nu writer/creative team giving reader/fans false hope dat d nu writer might turn things around betta dan d McDaniel nonsense only 2 tell all(nu writer & readers alike) dat d next issue of d nu writer will b his last without even giving d writer a slightest chance of developing sum of his ideas 4 d buk.

Den DC plays hypocrites in d Dwayne McDuffie "League of 1" tribute in d Justice League: Doom dvd of hw much dey were apparently "impressd" & "luvd" Milestone xcters.....wat a bunch of liars.

Hek with so many heroes headed 2 NY it would hv been a gr8 opportunity 4 a multi-title crossover...Supergirl/ BB/ Hawkman/ Static & Captain Atom as hinted in d preview..

Static is a xcter dat had a several award winning & nominated cartoon show dat lastd 4 seasons with d re-runs still getting gr8 reviews over sum newer cartooons & yet DC refuses 2 treat dis xcter(& Milestone Media properties) with dedication & respect. Hell, d dvdd's of all d full seasons hv not been released in all dis time.

Dis mk u ask...y?

Is it bcuz Static is not Superman or Batman?

Or perhaps bcuz Static does NOT LOOK LIKE Superman or/& Batman?

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By mewmdude77

It sucks they're getting rid of him, he's a cool character. I never read his comic, but I did what the show, and I loved that show! It was fantastic! I wish they weren't getting rid of him, they should have gotten rid of one of the repeater comics, like maybe one of the millions of Bat comics out there right now to let him stay?

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope beyond hope that DC puts Static on the Teen Titans. He could serve as that key character that links the Titans to the JLA (and if you want to know how just read Teen Titans #6) besides as far as I'm concerned the Titans have 3 characters that are really serving no better purpose anyway other than just being new characters so I say why not just get rid of one (or two) of them and replace them with Static, or they could just add him to the current roster, either way Static needs to be a Teen Titan!

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Kairan1979
WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WildStyle

He's not joining the Teen Titans. Lobdell said membership was too high during Wondercon. There was a thread about it on CBR a couple of weeks ago. He said Aqualad will be joining at some point after issue 12 though.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By KidSupreme

I have been following this since the first issue.. kinda sad its finished now .. i feel like it was picking up!

Avatar image for metallicmercury
MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MetallicMercury

I read the first three issues and it was... hard to describe. It was one of those stories that had the potential to be amazing but it was just missing something. Pity, it could've been the best book out.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Martian

THANK GOD this terrible series is finally ending...

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By wmwadeii

@WildStyle said:

He's not joining the Teen Titans. Lobdell said membership was too high during Wondercon. There was a thread about it on CBR a couple of weeks ago. He said Aqualad will be joining at some point after issue 12 though.

Maybe they can add him to the new series The Ravagers

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Silver Zeal

@MetallicMercury said:

I read the first three issues and it was... hard to describe. It was one of those stories that had the potential to be amazing but it was just missing something. Pity, it could've been the best book out.

Dat reason d 1st 6 issues were terrible was bcuz d person who was hired 2 write d buk(Rozum) was creatively sidelined by d editor & artist-wannab-writer McDaniel(who does d terrible interiors) which is y Rozum left d buk bcuz his creative contributions were ignored. And shortly after Rozum left DC announces 2 cancel d buk.

Pls pik up STATIC SHOCK #7 which was written by a nu writer Marc Bernardin & he did a really gr8 job.

2 bad DC has refused 2 gv d nu writer any chance 2 incorporate any nu ideas in2 d buk...mks u wanda y DC actually hired him in d 1st place only d cancel d buk b4 he(Marc Bernardin) had d chance 2 right his 1st issue.

Funny thing is other buks hv had nu writers brought in, DCgiving those nu writers of those other buks a chance 2 develop their nu ideas in2 d titles....so d question is y has DC refused 2 gv d nu writer of Static Shock d same opportunity?

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cagedleo730

@WildStyle: I thought that Lobdell was joking about Aqualad. You'd think he'd appear in Aquaman first.

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Casshern

@pspin: you choose...poorly. BUT I to hate that Static Shock is going away....DAMN!

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Casshern

They need to put Static Shock the cartoon on DVD so I can buy it...or MAKE A NEW ONE!! Spidey gets how many Cartoons made for him!?

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#31  Edited By pspin

@Casshern: not really X-23 and Daken had amazing endings, Generation Hope and Ghost Rider were alright and Static has yet to be seen but unfortunately I do not have high hopes for a good ending.

buzz86us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By buzz86us

I wish this book had more time it wasn't really the character it was the bad writing that made this book suck I hate how Dc doesn't seem to know when to axe writers and it tends to be the fan that has to decide for them.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By blur1528

@RyuHayabusa said:

Static has potential to be DC's Spider-man. Static deserves another chance.

I've always felt that way about Blue Beetle.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Adnan

Wait, Scott McDaniel hasn't been writing this title solo for the past couple issues, he's had Marc Bernadin co-writing with him. Has the title gotten any better?

UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By UnosInfinitos

Static and Spidey should have a pun-off

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wowylied

Issue #7 was the first good issue of this title, it is logic to have it cancelled but if he is used like in captain atom again then it will be nice to see him again.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By termiteone4ever

I like this series . I hope to see more of him in the titans .

Arachnokrypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arachnokrypt

It was expected. DC put one of their worst writers on the book.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ac68b267255
deactivated-60ac68b267255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: That's good news.

I've been dropping re-boot titles left and right, but one I was sticking with was Static. Sorry to see it go.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

@Casshern said:

They need to put Static Shock the cartoon on DVD so I can buy it...or MAKE A NEW ONE!! Spidey gets how many Cartoons made for him!?

That's because Spidey is way more marketable than Static is.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silver Zeal

@Static Shock said:

@Casshern said:

That's because Spidey is way more marketable than Static is.

Nope...absolutely not.

Static is just as easily marketable as Spiderman....both r smart, funny, kool powers, teens-early youth age range, etc

If u still diagree den pls state ur reasons.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

@Silver Zeal said:

Nope...absolutely not.

Static is just as easily marketable as Spiderman....both r smart, funny, kool powers, teens-early youth age range, etc

If u still diagree den pls state ur reasons.

Popularity. Demand. Spidey has an icon status as a superhero. Static doesn't. Spider-Man is the one getting more animation TV shows based on him, having action figures based on him and his villains, has had three blockbuster films, various forms of merchandise, and still has one of the longest running comic book titles (which sell better than any book that Static has ever been in). Those are my reasons. This is an indisputable fact.

Both of them being smart, funny, and having cool powers are character traits that they share. It has nothing to do with them being marketable. Spider-Man, as an icon, makes way more money for Marvel than Static will ever make for DC. Also, Spider-Man is no longer a teenager. He's an adult.

If you think Static is just as marketable as Spider-Man, you should ask yourself why Static isn't being pushed like Spider-Man is first.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want this is get re-rebooted. Also why the heck is Babs called No Name?