Posted by G-Man (34126 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week Dynamite Entertainment gives us an extended look at some of their upcoming comics. This week is no different. We actually have three extended previews to help you decided what to pick up on Wednesday, June 6.

Be sure to check out the rest of this week's Dynamite Entertainment previews here.

ZORRO RIDES AGAIN #10

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by MATT WAGNER

Art by JOHN K. SNYDER III

Cover by MATT WAGNER

The one and only Matt (MAGE, GRENDEL) Wagner is in the home-stretch of his epic story of Zorro! There’s a Zorro imposter in Los Angeles! How is Zorro going to react? Find out in issue #10 of Zorro Rides Again!

We also have a look at the latest Wheel of Time issue.

ROBERT JORDAN'S WHEEL OF TIME: THE EYE OF THE WORLD #26

32 pages FC • $3.99

Written by Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon

Art by Marcio Fiorito

Cover By Jeremy Saliba

Robert Jordan's fantasy epic continues here! Rand and Mat are running themselves ragged, unable to afford lodging or food, and unable to perform for any money without attracting darkfriends... but they are close, so close, to Caemlyn. It's the last village before the city, and evil is lurking everywhere - especially in their dreams. Will they make it to the city before they're found out? The journey continues in Robert Jordan's THE WHEEL OF TIME: THE EYE OF THE WORLD!

There's another volume of THE BOYS coming out this week as well.

THE BOYS VOL. 11: OVER THE HILL WITH THE SWORDS OF A THOUSAND MEN TP

152 pages FC • $19.99 • Mature • (C:0-1-2)

Written by GARTH ENNIS

Art by RUSS BRAUN, JOHN McCREA

Cover by DARICK ROBERTSON

HERE WE ARE AFTER ALL THESE ****ING YEARS

In a world where costumed heroes soar through the sky and masked vigilantes prowl the night, someone’s got to make sure the “supes” don’t get out of line. And someone will. Billy Butcher, Wee Hughie, Mother's Milk, The Frenchman and The Female are The Boys: a CIA-backed team of very dangerous people, each one dedicated to the struggle against the most lethal force on Earth- superpower. Some superheroes have to be watched. Some have to be controlled. And some of them- sometimes- need to be taken out of the picture.

That's when you call in The Boys.

It's been a long time coming, but Billy Butcher's revenge on his wife's killer is about to be realized- if he can only get his hands on the bastard. The Boys prepare for one last terrible battle, as the Homelander finally bites the bullet and sets an army of superheroes against the forces of the United States military. Battle rages at the White House, Frenchie and the Female are unleashed, and Hughie faces his own terrors... while MM, patient to the last, races against time to uncover the greatest and most dreadful secret of Vought-American's superhero program. Butcher steps willingly into the jaws of death, alone and unafraid: but what he finds waiting for him is beyond even his darkest dreams.

This volume collects issues 60-65 of the hit series The Boys by Garth Ennis, Russ Braun, John McCrea, Keith Burns and Darick Robertson, and features all of the covers by Darick Robertson.

Staff
#1 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

The Zorro preview looks the most appealing to me.

#2 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@revbucky said:

yeah. same here...

#3 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Matt Wagner was writing Zorro! I wish he would finish Mage. :(

#4 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@revbucky said:

#5 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Wheel of Time books so I skip the comics

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

@CaioTrubat said:

#7 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

LOLIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

@CaioTrubat said:

What is wrong dude?

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: You said you didn't like the books. >__<

#9 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Sorry dude, They aren't bad, just to depressing for my taste.

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@ReVamp: Sorry dude, They aren't bad, just to depressing for my taste.

LOL. Don't be sorry, I just be trollin' xP.

#11 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: I still don't understand how...

#13 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Even if Rand defeats the Dark One, the world is still screwed up no matter what. The Seanchan have reconquered about a third of the Westlands. Their practice of enslaving channelers will either lead to a brutal and nigh-unwinnable war for the locals or completely upend the social order in which Aes Sedai, Wise Ones, etc. are respected advisors at the very least. Its lose-lose situation.

#14 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I get enough of Zorro just by watching the old shows (the episodes before he switched his black horse to the white one), but The Boys look interesting (although...wasn't there an announcement some tine ago about it ending after the current story arc or volume?)

My only gripe with The Boys is that I want there to be more action, although maybe the action is happening in every other page outside of the ones shown so far (minus the bear attack of course).

#15 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody else find the boys tasteless and terrible? At least the art is good.

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow all these titles are great! Zorro's epic, Wheel of Time is just grand and fantastic, and the Boys is just good wicked and sinful fun! :)

#17 Posted by Trodorne (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

The boys is something that has to grow on you. you have to read it from the beginning to understand that you see some pretty ****'d up **** from these supers so it does take its toll in terms of how people act. I love the series and have been putting off reading Zorro for the longest while though the art looks good.

#18 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

"Senor Capitan" ?!? That translates to mister captain. I don't see the Spanish army addressing their captains with a 'mister'. Jeez, get the language right morons.

#19 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Zorro....

... alright, this could be fun!

#20 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Wheel of Time, got to get into the comics!

#21 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

i might check it out