Exclusive Extended Previews: THE SHADOW #23 & THE SPIDER #18

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Each week Dynamite Entertainment gives us an extended look at some of their new releases. This week you can check out more pages of THE SHADOW #23 & THE SPIDER #18

You can check out the regular previews to all of Dynamite's new releases HERE.

THE SHADOW #23

No Caption Provided

Chris Roberson (w)

Giovanni Timpano (a)

Alex Ross, Dean Motter (c)

Fans & retailers, order the cover of your choice!FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Teen+

FANS, ASK YOUR RETAILER FOR THE: Francesco Francavilla original art retailer incentive cover

The search for the secret of the girasol is finally nearing its end, and the trail has led the Shadow from the jungles of Guatemala back home to the concrete canyons of New York City. But is he prepared for the answers that he will find

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

THE SPIDER #18

No Caption Provided

David Liss (w)

Ivan Rodriguez (a)

Colton Worley (c)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Teen+

FINAL ISSUE!!! It’s the series finale, and Wentworth must take on the greatest threat to the New York: Wentworth Industries! With his back to the wall, his family business in criminal hands, and his allies gone, the Spider has never been more desperate – or more dangerous. This is the thrilling, exploding, guns-a blazing series conclusion that will change the character forever!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

Sad to see The Spider end but it was never the same after Colton Worley left art duties.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm sad The Spider is ending

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4 inferiorego  Staff

Sad to see The Spider end but it was never the same after Colton Worley left art duties.

I agree

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

JoePasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been a fan of the Shadow for 40 years, ever since DC brought him back to comics courtesy of O'Neil, Kaluta, Robbins, et al. Stopped reading comics altogether for about 20 years, until about a year and a half ago, when my son got interested in them and so I started looking at them again. I no longer have any interest in flying men in the colorful pajamas, but still enjoy pulp characters like the Shadow and westerns like the Lone Ranger (another favorite going back to my youth). So that puts me at Dynamite Comics' doorstep, so to speak. Frequently disappointed though. I spend $3.99 on one of their books ... after dinner, after chores, I open up a cold beer, sit down for a good read ... and 5 minutes later I am done with the thing ... and nothing much really happened. Very disappointing. Can someone tell me what happened to comic books and why ? Why does the art now have to look like Norman Rockwell portraits ? Where did the panels go ? Where is the action ?