Exclusive Extended Previews: SPIDER ANNUAL, SHADOW #18, DEJAH THORIS #30 & VAMPIRELLA #35

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week Dynamite Entertainment gives us an exclusive extended look at some of their new releases. You can check out the regular previews to all HERE.

THE SPIDER ANNUAL 2013

No Caption Provided

Shannon Eric Denton (w)

Igor Vitorino (a/c)

FC • 40 pages • $4.99 • Teen+

The Spider unleashes a one-man war on the criminals of New York City but this relentless pursuit triggers unintended consequences. Already approaching his breaking point, The Spider comes under fire from an elite squad of assassins sent from a mysterious enemy. Injured and on the run, the Spider will once again learn why he’s so good at what he does regardless if the cost is a price even he can’t afford.

WARLORD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #30

No Caption Provided

Robert Place Napton (w)

Debora Carita (a)

Jay Anacleto, Fabiano Neves (c)

2 regular covers will be shipped in equal ratios

FANS, ASK YOUR RETAILER FOR THE:

Milton Estevam original art “risqué” retailer incentive cover

Carlos Rafael original art “risqué” retailer incentive cover

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Mature

The lines are drawn, sides are chosen as the final battle begins! The forces of Helium collide with Yorn and his Machine Men in a battle that will determine the fate of Barsoom. Meanwhile, Dejah Thoris struggles with a fateful decision that could turn the tide of battle but only at a great cost. The conclusion of the Machine Men arc!

THE SHADOW #18

No Caption Provided

Chris Roberson (w)

Giovanni Timpano (a)

Alex Ross, Jason Shawn Alexander (c)

Fans & retailers, order the cover of your choice!

FANS, ASK YOUR RETAILER FOR THE:

Francesco Francavilla original art retailer incentive cover

Alex Ross “sketch art” retailer incentive cover

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Teen+

All the mysteries will be solved as the Shadow and the Light face one another in a final confrontation high above the streets of New York! Two knights, each dedicated to a very different moral code, in a duel to the death!

VAMPIRELLA #35

No Caption Provided

Brandon Jerwa (w)

Heubert Khan Michael (a)

Fabiano Neves, Lucio Parrillo (c)

order the cover of your choice!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Teen+

Following a surprise attack by a new enemy, Vampirella makes a shocking decision. Who is Sister Midnight, and why does she want Vampirella dead? How far will our heroine go to defend her vision of a better future? And where will Adam Van Helsing stand in the aftermath? Answers await within...

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Is anyone reading dejah thoris? How is it? I find it hard to take it seriously. But now im thinking if i should give it a chance

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting that Spider annual! Maybe the Shadow just for the cover.

Nice job not spamming the page with miles of scans this time!

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@superior_prime_maybe: get it! I picked up 'the boora witch' storyline in trade and loved it. Its about a witch that posesses dejah and makes her try to kill her dad so she can gain the throne of helios. At the end it has her about to chop her dads head of infront of the citizens and I was like, 'yep, I will be picking this up on a mothly basis.' Its also maintained the same writer and artist throughout the series so they are gaining a lot of experiance with the character. This issue however has a fill in artist but anyway, get it on pre-order so it comes out cheaper for you.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: Guess ill try the pre-order one... and not ruin my pull list

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Such strong titles, every one of them!

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Is anyone reading dejah thoris? How is it? I find it hard to take it seriously. But now im thinking if i should give it a chance

It is one of my favourite series at the moment. When you get past the fact that she wears almost no clothes, she is a pretty strong female character. I just pretend that she wears a flesh coloured body suit.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: Did you read back to the whole series? I thought the first storyline was pretty cool, but the Vampires on Saturn was far fetched, even by the already low fantasy standards.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By lifeboy

@razzatazz: I read the first part of that and I have the rest coming when I place another backissue order sometime before december.

The first part was ok. I thought that dejah could rip out the prison door. But I loved the vampires imprisoning the purple species and the dragons chase was badass :) but I loved the previous story of the village with the giant bee problem. The bees looked so cool! I was just suprised that she smashed her flying device in that story. I guess its for the better of the rest of the series.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: She keeps getting more interesting technology even when she breaks her old stuff.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

So this Light lady in the Shadow comic...Is she a nun, or are her head scarves supposed to look Islamic or is it a combo of female religious appearances?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Nice.