Exclusive Extended Previews: RED TEAM #1, JENNIFER BLOOD #22 And VAMPIRELLA STRIKES #2

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Each week we feature some Dynamite Entertainment exclusive, extended previews for a few of their upcoming new releases. This week, Dynamite has provided us with a peek at three of their titles, GARTH ENNIS’ RED TEAM #1, JENNIFER BLOOD #22 and VAMPIRELLA STRIKES #2. Get a look at all three issues below and let us know whether you plan on placing any of these issues onto your pull list. Don't forget to check out the rest of this week's Dynamite Entertainment previews here.

GARTH ENNIS’ RED TEAM #1

No Caption Provided

32 pages • $3.99 • Mature

Written by Garth Ennis

Art by Craig Cermak

Cover: Howard Chaykin (50%), Ryan Sook (50%)

Part one: The First-Timers. Eddie Mellinger, Trudy Giroux, Duke Wylie and George Winburn are Red Team: the NYPD's elite
anti-narcotics unit. They've taken down one drug lord after another with a careful blend of meticulous surveillance and applied violence, but their latest case has even them stumped. Their frustration leads them to take extreme measures setting them on a path from which there can be no coming back. As they're about to discover, doing the wrong thing can be very, very seductive.
== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

---

JENNIFER BLOOD #22

No Caption Provided

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by Al Ewing

Art by Kewber Baal

Cover by Mike Mayhew

The Trial Of Jennifer Blood continues, as we find out more about the apocalyptic circumstances that led to Jen's downfall. Contents may include: The Ninjettes vs. Jen! The increasingly odd Detective Elaine Pruitt vs. Internal Affairs! Ray Buwick vs. A Large Milkshake! Life Imprisonment vs. Execution! (Can we have a phone vote? No? Okay.)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

---

VAMPIRELLA STRIKES #2 (OF 6)

No Caption Provided

32 pages • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by Tom Sniegoski

Art by Johnny Desjardins

Covers by Johnny Desjardins, Fabiano Neves

To understand the ways of the fallen angels, Vampirella must seek out the assistance of Janus, a former soldier in the legion of Heaven, who walks the line between the damned and divine. But someone would rather the pair never meet, as a horde of street people—under the influence of a deadly new, body-twisting drug made from the blood of an Archangel—are sent to deal with them. Vampirella's mission for Heaven could be over before it's even begun.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

my body is ready for Red Team 

also Jennifer Blood looks pretty cool, is anybody reading it?

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Anjon
@Jonny_Anonymous: I read Jennifer Blood. The original six-issue mini-series is pretty good. The current ongoing series is very bad. The mini-series had a concise, cohesive plot that wrapped up well without too many loose ends. The ongoing one introduced fake plot-holes as an excuse to continue the story, then for some reason switched the main character from "unassuming housewife looking for revenge" to "senseless psychopath lacking all previous traces of intelligence". Mini-series Jennifer was kind of like The Punisher. Ongoing Jennifer is kind of like OJ Simpson.
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Red Team I'll get when its TPed and get the first arc like I did with The Shadow. Jennifer Blood is so very Kill Bill to me that it just oozes fun. And Vampirella bathing is...GIGGITY...

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By bloggerboy

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Jennifer Blood looks pretty cool, is anybody reading it?

Yeah, it's hilarious and over the top. I wish it would take it's time with all the interesting set ups it gives the reader. Now I hope it doesn't run out of steam.