Posted by G-Man (30276 posts) - - Show Bio

Each Tuesday we take a look at the upcoming Dynamite Comics titles. You can find previews to all their comics from this week here. Dynamite has given us a couple exclusive extended previews for RED SONJA ATLANTIS RISES #2 & WARRIORS OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #15. Check them out below.

RED SONJA: ATLANTIS RISES #2

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by LUKE LIEBERMAN

Art by MAX DUNBAR

Cover by LUCIO PARRILLO

King Kazeel wants to rule the world. But Thulsa Doom has other plans. The dreaming god is awoken. As Red Sonja desperately tried to pull the warring factions of humanity together, she’s doesn’t realize that she is already too late.
== TEASER ==

Shifting gears and location, here's what's happening in this week's DEJAH THORIS.

WARLORD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #15

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Mature

Written by ROBERT PLACE NAPTON

Art by CARLOS RAFAEL

Covers by PAUL RENAUD (50%), FABIANO NEVES (50%)Fans, ask your retailer for these variant incentive covers!

PAUL RENAUD “Martian red”cover retailer incentive

FABIANO NEVES “black & white” cover retailer incentive

“RISQUÉ ART” cover retailer incentive

Following her possession at the hands of the Boora Witch, Dejah leaves Helium and her family and sets out on a quest of redemption. She has faced many of Barsoom's challenges, but now she will face them as never before: ALONE.
Staff
#1 Posted by NightFang (9817 posts) - - Show Bio

We really need a (GOOD) Red Sonja movie.

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

snake finger..... he must be a hit with the ladies.

#3 Posted by Mezmero (896 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry ladies I'm going to go with Wonder Woman. Red Sonja looks like another run of the mill fantasy adventure. As for Dejah Thoris... Why even wear clothes in the first place? Or perhaps it's suppose to be a sign of wealth that all you wear is gold. I suppose its easy to move around in than a full breastplate but it seems like she's just trying to flash that bling among other things.

#4 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought you guys stopped showing extended previews after some guys complained about the overblown fanservice.

#5 Posted by warpgirl (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Mezmero... if you know *anything* about the source material, they did not wear clothes and yes, the gold was a sign of status. But when they first started producing Warlord of Mars comics a few decades ago, it was not allowed to show nudity in comics... so they went for the minimum coverage allowable. This set a convention for Warlord comics that stands until today.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22215 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

I thought you guys stopped showing extended previews after some guys complained about the overblown fanservice.

it isn't fanservice...it's what the source material looks like in the first place....in the original Warlord of Mars stuff the didn't wear clothes at all and Red Sonya has always looked like that

#7 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@CaioTrubat said:

it isn't fanservice...it's what the source material looks like in the first place....in the original Warlord of Mars stuff the didn't wear clothes at all and Red Sonya has always looked like that

I know it was just a manner of speaking...

#8 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

dynamite has good titles and i would like for them to succeedbut their comicc prices are to high. im thinking like 1.99 at lest it would be competitve with dc. not marvel though, 3.99 is a rediculas price for a 15 minute read.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Kratos come into the Rise of Atlantis story?! O_o As for the unkind words of Warlord of Mars, I'm done listening to you critics about it and how Dejah looks. Read the books and begin to understand why the art is consistent with the Barsoom novels. That's it.

#10 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy said:

dynamite has good titles and i would like for them to succeedbut their comicc prices are to high. im thinking like 1.99 at lest it would be competitve with dc. not marvel though, 3.99 is a rediculas price for a 15 minute read.

$1.99 for DC titles.. if you're going to complain about price at least be accurate. I haven't seen any of the new releases under $2.99.

I don't mind paying $3.99 for Dynamite titles for two reasons: 1) they are a small company that does limited print runs, and 2) I haven't been let down by any of the titles I have picked up.

#11 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: more power to you oysters rockafeller

#12 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (3840 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these ladies but that is not the Red Sonja I admired. She looks like she has been missing some meals. Dejah is as lovely as ever however, she has always been that build. Sonja however is supposed to be stronger looking than that, she can wield battleaxes like they were summer time saplings for crying out loud. Its a shame.

#13 Posted by LordRequiem (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a certain amount of of naked which is acceptable. And don't get me wrong they look good, but it seems a wee bit over the top and flashing too much body parts for it to be taken seriously. Although Red Sonja is a great character.

#14 Posted by kuonphobos (4775 posts) - - Show Bio

Not so sure about those anachronistic high-heels Fabiano has Dejah Thoris in.

#15 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

wait sence when can Dejah fly ?

#16 Posted by danhimself (22215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

wait sence when can Dejah fly ?

they're like electric or magic or something....her book is set several hundred years before John Carter gets to Mars