Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite Entertainment has given us a an exclusive, extended look at two of their new releases set to hit comic shop shelves tomorrow. First up is RED SONJA #68, written by Eric Trautman featuring the art of Marcio Abreu. The latest issue showcases the fearsome warrior and her adventures in Khitai, "the Kingdom of Jade," and it certainly looks like things are heating up.

RED SONJA #68

Written by ERIC TRAUTMANN

Art by MARCIO ABREU

Covers by WALTER GEOVANI (50%), FABIANO NEVES (50%)

Khitai, the kingdom of jade. A land of rigid honor codes, and fanatical warriors loyal to their god-emperor. Where better for Red Sonja to ply her trade than a nation of master swordsmen?

== TEASER ==

Next up is a preview of the upcoming issue of LORD OF THE JUNGLE by Arvid Nelson. The 8-page look at the interiors of the upcoming issue will give you a better idea of whether or not it's a book you are looking forward to picking up tomorrow.

LORD OF THE JUNGLE #7

Written by ARVID NELSON

Art by SERGIO FERNANDEZ DAVILA

Covers by LUCIO PARRILLO (50%), PAUL RENAUD (50%)

Fans, ask your retailer for these variant incentive covers!

LUCIO PARRILLO virgin art cover retailer incentive

PAUL RENAUD black & white cover retailer incentive

“TATTERED & TORN RISQUÉ ART” cover retailer incentive

Tarzan has lost Jane Porter, his true love, to his rival John Clayton. All he wants is to slink back to his jungle home in Africa. Before he can do that, however, he'll have to deal with the menace of Robert Canler, a notorious gangster whom Tarzan ran afoul of. Tarzan didn't kill Canler when he had the chance, a fact which he'll come to regret. And he'll have to face Canler on his own turf – not in the African jungle, but on the mean streets of Baltimore, where none of Tarzan's jungle instincts will help him. Or will they?

There are plenty more Dynamite Previews for you to check out, just head to the forums to see the rest of their new titles out this week.

#1 Edited by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh* If only the inside artwork were as gorgeous as the cover art in Red Sonja -__-

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35129 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Lord of the Jungle 

#3 Posted by NightFang (10271 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

*Sigh* If only the inside artwork were as gorgeous as the cover art in Red Sonja -__-

Rally, They look both the same in the preview.

#4 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4114 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Sonja is awesome, but Lord of the Jungle FTW

#5 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Rally, They look both the same in the preview.

I wish they were at least by the same artist.

#6 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Love Lord of the Jungle

Me too! its one of the best Tarzan adaptations I've read in a long time.

#7 Posted by SlickyMike88 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat:

I myself prefere the art inside :)

#8 Posted by Judge_Dredd (146 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover guy, Giovanni, has done a lot of interior art on the book as well. Sonja is a fiery lass.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh these are great...I'd love to see this current arc with Sonja in Khitai, one of the undeveloped regions of Hyboria storywise (at least in my opinion). And Tarzan, pure awesomeness.