Posted by G-Man (29491 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite Entertainment is taking us all over the universe this week. They have a bunch of comics coming out this week and you can check out the previews to them here. Dynamite has also given us an extended look at FLASH GORDON: ZEITGEIST and WARLORD OF MARS, which you can see here. Looks like a good week for Dynamite.

FLASH GORDON: ZEITGEIST #5

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by ERIC TRAUTMANN

Art by DANIEL INDRO

Covers by ALEX ROSS (75%), PAUL RENAUD (25%),

FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (1-in-10)

“Virgin Art” Retailer incentive cover by ALEX ROSS

“Virgin Art” Retailer incentive cover by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

The rebellious Prince Barin has Flash Gordon in his clutches, and that may spell death... unless the intrepid Earthman defeats his own ally, Prince Thun of the Lion Men of Mongo. Insurrection against Ming's iron rule of Mongo is brewing, with shifting alliances and deadly intrigues at every turn. But the clock is ticking, as the merciless emperor has plans of his own: his royal wedding to Dale Arden. On Earth, three fugitives from Mongo have their sights set on their objective, with the Third Reich squarely in their crosshairs...

From Mongo to Mars, here's what's happening with John Carter this week:

WARLORD OF MARS #18

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Mature

Written by ARVID NELSON

Art by EDGAR SALAZAR

Covers by JOE JUSKO (50%), LUCIO PARRILLO (50%)

“Virgin Art” Retailer incentive cover by JOE JUSKO

“Virgin Art” Retailer incentive cover by LUCIO PARRILLO

Poor John Carter! Beautiful Martian babes are falling in love with him left and right, but all he wants is his Dejah Thoris. Dejah is a captive of Issus, the false goddess of Mars, and Carter is racing to free her. With him is Carthoris, his son, and the greatest fleet of airships Mars has ever seen. But Issus has more than one devious trick in store for Carter and his navy.

Staff
#1 Posted by Inverno (12835 posts) - - Show Bio

These extended previews are so yummy.

#2 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT THESE. hopefully Dynamite won't have another printing error with Flash Gordon like they did with Issue 4. and its About damn time we get issue 5. the wait is killing me.

#3 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming to the end of the second John Carter book with these Dynamite issues, only one more book after this is the official trilogy, I wonder what Dynamite's plans are after the end of the third book. Are they going to focus on Carter still with more adventures, or are they going to jump to Carthoris and then his grand children, which would still be pretty cool.

#4 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash comic looks interesting.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I love when CV does these extended previews ^_^. Dynamite sure hasn't failed yet in making good titles in my opinion, and these are among the greatest.

#6 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice artwork.

#7 Posted by BrendanDeneen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If you enjoy Flash Gordon comics, check out Ardden Entertainment's take on the character. We've been publishing FG since 2008 and have received rave reviews from Publishers Weekly, Ain't It Cool News and more. www.Ardden-Entertainment.com Our latest book, THE VENGEANCE OF MING, just came out and our next one, KING OF THE IMPOSSIBLE, is out soon. Thanks!