Exclusive Extended Preview: ROBIN WAR #1

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

A couple weeks back, we got an exclusive look at the first two parts of ROBIN WAR and DC is giving us a few extra pages to check out for the first issue.

No Caption Provided

ROBIN WAR #1

(W) Tom King (A/CA) Khary Randolph

In part 1 of this new epic, it's Robins vs. cops! Robins vs. Robins! Robins vs. Batman! And Robins vs. the Court of Owls?!

Damian Wayne returns to Gotham City, and he is not happy. There are kids all over the city calling themselves Robin, Bruce Wayne is no longer Batman and the GCPD, led by the new, armored-up Batman, is cracking down on anybody wearing the "R." And things only get worse when Red Hood, Red Robin and Grayson all come back to Gotham City...

Item Code: OCT150155In Shops: 12/2/2015SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This is a good book

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's Thankgiving! Stop distracting me with this awesomeness!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Does the watermark need to be that big?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

1. This looks incredible

2. This doesn't tie in with Batman & Robin Eternal, does it? I had to drop that cause I can't afford a weekly.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dan12456

@the_stegman said:

1. This looks incredible

2. This doesn't tie in with Batman & Robin Eternal, does it? I had to drop that cause I can't afford a weekly.

Nope it doesn't tie in the B&R Eternal. At least not directly, I don't know if they will reference anything from it or not.

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it

Love it!

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That cover still looks awesome and the interior art is not bad either, I like the funky feeling it gives, seems right for a movement.

So glad that Tom King has his hand over this and will write the first two parts. The man deserves it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Deathstroke the toddler Terminator? make it happen DC and that reporter better be found dead soon. You dont diss Slade.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still not into the whole ''We are Robin'' thing. Excited to see the original Robins show up though.

Normally I would laugh at the public's ignorant outrage but this time...they have a point. The idea of getting kids in Robin costumes and fight crime with NO training ( despite what many people think of original Robins, they were the most skilled and trained people after Batman ) ...it is wrong. They don't have Bruce or anyone in that role to help them. And the sheer number of them only cause more casualties. I mean sure, Dick and other Robins might try to train them but come on...how long did it take just one Robin to get where they are today and that was with Bruce and his resources plus training.

Now if this was just '' kids standing up for themselves and grouping up '' it would've been fine but it goes into dangerous territory. As much as we like to believe, the things heroes face are not child's game. Even Damian...who was trained by Ra's AND Batman...DIED for god's sake.

So yea, I don't like the concept of a Robin Army at all. I prefer to stick with the Originals and their team-up rather than random kids. Reminds me of the comedy gag with Wonder Girl and her 'fan-club' that dressed like her, got baseball bats and such to use as weapons...only to cause more trouble than good.

I cannot believe I am siding with the mostly ignorant people and the cops on this O.o

Avatar image for dark_tzitzimine
Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

I am still not into the whole ''We are Robin'' thing. Excited to see the original Robins show up though.

Normally I would laugh at the public's ignorant outrage but this time...they have a point. The idea of getting kids in Robin costumes and fight crime with NO training ( despite what many people think of original Robins, they were the most skilled and trained people after Batman ) ...it is wrong. They don't have Bruce or anyone in that role to help them. And the sheer number of them only cause more casualties. I mean sure, Dick and other Robins might try to train them but come on...how long did it take just one Robin to get where they are today and that was with Bruce and his resources plus training.

Now if this was just '' kids standing up for themselves and grouping up '' it would've been fine but it goes into dangerous territory. As much as we like to believe, the things heroes face are not child's game. Even Damian...who was trained by Ra's AND Batman...DIED for god's sake.

So yea, I don't like the concept of a Robin Army at all. I prefer to stick with the Originals and their team-up rather than random kids. Reminds me of the comedy gag with Wonder Girl and her 'fan-club' that dressed like her, got baseball bats and such to use as weapons...only to cause more trouble than good.

I cannot believe I am siding with the mostly ignorant people and the cops on this O.o

That is because so far there has been nothing showign that the WAR are actually doing something positive for Gotham. They're just a bunch of dumb kids banding under a symbol that they don't understand, parroting the lie fed to them by Alfred and just making everything worse.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

That is because so far there has been nothing showign that the WAR are actually doing something positive for Gotham. They're just a bunch of dumb kids banding under a symbol that they don't understand, parroting the lie fed to them by Alfred and just making everything worse.

Very true and this would be one of the best DC comics in years if it revolves around exploring the truths/negatives/positives/falsehoods of that statement. Though i fear those who side with the WARobin's may get strawmanned into a "but they wanna help" argument. that doesn't hold much water.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I don't normally buy batman related, since the news usually gets around, but damn im really interested in reading this. But that could all change in the time it takes for a trade paperback.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole story is the perfect reason why there shouldn't be a Robin.

Having one turns Batman into an asshole.