Exclusive Extended Preview: GREEN HORNET #25 & WARLORD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #12

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take an extended look at what Dynamite Entertainment has coming out. You'll be able to find previews to the rest of this week's Dynamite Comic releases right here. This week they have provided us two exclusive extended previews.

GREEN HORNET #25

No Caption Provided

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by ANDE PARKS

Art by RONAN CLIQUET

Covers by PHIL HESTER (33%), JONATHAN LAU (33%), BRIAN DENHAM (33%)

Green Hornet battles Green Hornet, to the death. The people of Century City are convinced that Britt Reid, as Green Hornet, murdered the city's Mayor. The only way for Britt to clear his name is to track down the real killer. When Green Hornet comes face to face with his doppelganger, it may just turn out to be the last fight of his life. If Britt Reid can't defeat the costumed imposter that framed him, a hero's legacy will be destroyed forever, and Century City will fall into the hands of the evil mastermind who orchestrated the whole setup. The Outcast storyline rolls on toward its thunderous conclusion.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Our second extended preview is out of this world...as in Mars. You know who I'm talking about. Dejah Thoris is under a spell and isn't acting like herself.

WARLORD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #12

No Caption Provided

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Mature

Written by ROBERT PLACE NAPTON

Art by CARLOS RAFAEL

Covers by PAUL RENAUD (33%), FABIANO NEVES (33%), STEPHEN SEGOVIA (33%)

“Martian Red” Retailer incentive cover by PAUL RENAUD

“Black & White” Retailer incentive cover by FABIANO NEVES

The Boora Witch has invaded Dejah Thoris' mind and taken control of her personality. In a bold move, she undermines Dejah's father and grandfather and begins to take control of Helium. Kantos Kan suspect something is amiss and begins playing a dangerous game to discover the truth behind Dejah's treacherous behavior.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IronAngelX

Ugh, why do they have to over sexualize the Warlord of Mars series. Besides, the art isn't that impressive.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Green Hornet has been consistently good

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By KainScion

naked people in straps.........uummm.......

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Awesome more commentators who don't know the first thing about the original John Carter series. If you actual pick up the books you'd know that the people on Mars don't wear clothing, they only adorn themselves in the spoils of battle. They believe wearing clothing and the making of it is waste of resources. Carter and Dejah even have a conversation on this subject.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By lifeboy
I wish we could dress like they do on warlords of mars:(
Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Superguy0009e

Green Hornet and BOOBIES!!!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm getting REAL tired of people complaining about this so called "oversexualization" of the Warlord series or any John Carter comic right now. Anyone who's read the novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs knows that from the descriptions in the text the Red Martians, or ANY Martians for that matter on Barsoom are even more explicit in description of form than current art conceptualizes in the comics. Just give it a rest people and enjoy it for what it is. And Green Hornet rocks!

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

I'm getting REAL tired of people complaining about this so called "oversexualization" of the Warlord series or any John Carter comic right now. Anyone who's read the novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs knows that from the descriptions in the text the Red Martians, or ANY Martians for that matter on Barsoom are even more explicit in description of form than current art conceptualizes in the comics. Just give it a rest people and enjoy it for what it is. And Green Hornet rocks!

Ah I see a kindred spirit. It makes me wonder what these people would be like the hundred years ago when the books were actually written, probably want ERB burned at the stake. My biggest complaint isn't the fact people are complaining of the "oversexualization" its the fact they don't know the source material, and frankly as an "adult" people should be able to look past the visualizations and appreciate these comics for telling some really good stories.

Especially considering the dregs that are put out so often and celebrated as being great.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrimsonCake

There was an episode of The Green Hornet that had similar plot to this.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KidSupreme

I love the artwork