Exclusive: Dynamite Entertainment May 2012 First Looks - BIONIC MAN, VOLTRON, DEJAH THORIS & More

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Advanced solicits are always a tricky thing. They give you a chance to know what's coming up in the titles you're reading but they can also spoil tiny bits of the story. I'm always on the fence whether or not I should check them out to be aware of what's coming up or if I should try to avoid them so I can be fully surprised when I read the issue.

No Caption Provided

However you feel about them it's good to have, especially for those wondering if they should start reading a series new to them. Dynamite Entertainment is helping in that area as they have given us an exclusive first look at what we can expect in May. Last week we saw the info on GREEN HORNET #28, VAMPIRELLA: THE RED ROOM #3 and WARRIORS OF MARS #4. Now you can check out what's coming up in VOLTRON: YEAR ONE, BIONIC MAN, DEJA THORIS AND THE WHITE APES OF MARS, VOLTRON and WARLOD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS, VAMPIRELLA VS. DRACULA, FLASH GORDON: ZEITGEIST, THE LONE RANGER and WITCHBLADE/RED SONJA.

== TEASER ==

VOLTRON: YEAR ONE #2

No Caption Provided

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by BRANDON THOMAS

Art by CRAIG CERMAK

Cover by ADMIRA WIJAYA

Their cover blown, Space Explorer Squadron #686 is trapped behind enemy lines, and the prisoner they've been tasked with retrieving is not what they thought he was. And with their friends and teammates pinned down and running out of time, will Keith and Hunk disobey orders and risk everything to save them? Only one thing is certain...central command deliberately misled Sven and his team about their target, and they’re now fighting for their lives as a result. If #686 can make it back alive, there'll be hell to pay. First things first though...

THEBIONIC MAN #10

Alex Ross cover
Alex Ross cover
Jonathan Lau cover
Jonathan Lau cover

Written by KEVIN SMITH w/ PHIL HESTER

Art by JONATHAN LAU

Covers by ALEXROSS (main), JONATHAN LAU (1:10)

Washington D.C. lies in ruins, O.S.I. headquarters is occupied by a hostile cyborg army, Steve Austin's bionic parts are failing, and the cybernetic madman known as Hull holds Jaime Summers in his unbreakable grip. It may be too much to ask for a happy ending now, but we guarantee an exciting one. Be there for the conclusion of Kevin Smith's epic reinterpretation of the beloved hero.

DEJAH THORIS AND THE WHITE APES OF MARS #2

Brandon Peterson cover
Brandon Peterson cover
Ale Garza cover (not final)
Ale Garza cover (not final)

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Mature

Written by MARK RAHNER

Art by LUI ANTONIO

Covers by BRANDON PETERSON (main), ALÉ GARZA (1:10)

First they were forced to watch from hiding while the men in her party were torn apart and eaten by white apes. Now an unarmed and vastly outnumbered Princess Dejah Thoris and her female friends must flee for their own lives in an ancient, dead city! The apes are still hungry. No-holds-barred horror and suspense like you've never seen in John Carter's world. And it just keeps getting worse.

VOLTRON #6

No Caption Provided

Written by BRANDON THOMAS

Art by ARIEL PADILLA

Cover by SEAN CHEN

How did a brilliant scientist go from being a devoted husband and father to

becoming the worst despot the universe has ever known? In issue #4, you

witnessed Zarkon pushed to the edge of sanity by crushing loss and absolute failure---now, learn how a quest for revenge took everything else from him, leading down a dark path that claimed countless lives and terrorized the galaxy for decades. One of his many victims demands answers, but will anything he hears change his mind about the fateful decision made well before he put the gun to Zarkon’s head? Two stories of pain and retribution collide in “Devil You Know,” as the first arc of Generation Voltron comes to an impossible end...

WARLORD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #15

Paul Renaud cover
Paul Renaud cover
Fabiano Neves cover
Fabiano Neves cover

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Mature

Written by ROBERT PLACE NAPTON

Art by CARLOS RAFAEL

Covers by PAUL RENAUD (50%), FABIANO NEVES (50%)

Following her possession at the hands of the Boora Witch, Dejah leaves Helium and her family and sets out on a quest of redemption. She has faced many of Barsoom's challenges, but now she will face them as never before: ALONE.

VAMPIRELLA VS. DRACULA #5 (of 6)

No Caption Provided

Written by JOE HARRIS

Art by IVAN RODRIGUEZ

Cover by JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER

Vampirella and Dracula have battled through the ages, drawn to each other like kindred souls yet tearing each other to pieces in a clash of stubborn wills, white hot hatreds and deepest, darkest desires. They've spilled blood, drank even more, and left a wake of destruction behind them to span the ages. Now, caught between a past unremembered and a present that seems to shift by the day, these time-tossed titans of the vampire breed find themselves unable to resist their animal attraction any longer. And as timelines fold and realities crumble before the climax of their union, an old story comes to a painful close... while a new, bloody saga is born!

FLASH GORDON: ZEITGEIST #7

Alex Ross cover
Alex Ross cover
Francesco Francavilla cover
Francesco Francavilla cover

Written by ERIC TRAUTMANN

Art by DANIEL INDRO

Covers by ALEXROSS (main), FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (1:10)

As Ming prepares for the final offensive against the Earth, Flash Gordon -- and allies both new and old -- moves against Ming's palace. Fighting alongside his fellow Earthmen, the brilliant Dr. Zarkov and the beautiful Dale Arden, Gordon leads a rebel band into the teeth of Ming's fearsome defenses. But will even the universe's greatest hero be in time?

PRAISE FOR DYNAMITE’S FLASH GORDON: ZEITGEIST #1:

“This is a promising start to Dynamite's latest attempt to revive a classic comic icon. - IGN

Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist is an exceptional introduction to the series, one that feels at home on Earth and in outer space. Both writer Eric Trautmann and artist Daniel Indro perfectly mix that fantastic and wicked world of Ming the Merciless, with the nostalgic and hopeful one of Flash Gordon. With the hunt now on for the 20th century’s most evil mind, Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist will no doubt

continue to thrill. - Broken Frontier

“...Dynamite has done it again with this revival of an old familiar franchise. I can't wait to read more. - Comic Vine

“The set up here is well paced and the art work by Daniel Lindro has a real classic, pulp fiction quality to it. Bottom line: If you like sci-fi and 1930′s-40′s period drama, then this book is for you. Highly recommended!. - Comic Hype

THE LONE RANGER VOL. 2 #5

No Caption Provided

Written by ANDE PARKS

Art by ESTEVE POLLS

Cover by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

Stampede! Part three of the "Hanging" story line finds Lone Ranger ready to swing from the gallows of a town called Utopia. Tonto has made his way back from death at the bottom of a canyon, but now he has just one chance to save the Ranger. Taking that chance could leave both heroes dead, along with half of Utopia's citizens. It's a deadly stampede of justice, as the Hard Country arc nears its thunderous conclusion.

WITCHBLADE / RED SONJA #4 (of 5)

No Caption Provided

Written by DOUG WAGNER

Art by CEZAR RAZEK

Cover by ALÉ GARZA

Glory be to Red Sonja, bearer of the Witchblade!! Against her will, the She-Devil with a Sword now bears the Witchblade. The ancient artifact won't separate from Sonja until it touches the only weapon able to wound the dark angel Ragniel - Sonja's Hyrkanian blade. In modern times, Ragniel has taken Sara's daughter Hope captive and decides the Witchblade must be destroyed. The race is on as Sara frantically searches for the Sonja's mythical sword and Ragniel's disfigured minions hunt Sara.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Man I am really enjoying Bionic Man and everything with Warlord of Mars in the title. I missed the Flash Gordon bandwagon, but most likely pick it up digitally when it gets released. Dynamite is my #1 publisher.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Nova`Prime` said:

Man I am really enjoying Bionic Man and everything with Warlord of Mars in the title. I missed the Flash Gordon bandwagon, but most likely pick it up digitally when it gets released. Dynamite is my #1 publisher.

I'v been getting Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist on Comixology, it's pretty good.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@spiderbat87 said:

I'v been getting Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist on Comixology, it's pretty good.

Awesome, now I just need to get some coin together :)

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Gah! Why do the best titles always come out when I've a dozen other expenses I have to cover? Stupid worn-out clutch...

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Dynamite you are truly awesome! ::swoons::

Acharya77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Acharya77

Holy bare breast Batman!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NightFang3

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Dynamite you are truly awesome!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By The Impersonator

@Atary77 said:

Holy bare breast Batman!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Inverno

Dejah Thoris ...* swoons *

fred9101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By fred9101

DYNAMITE is AWESOME. Really.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Still not decided if I should get Bionic Man or not.

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By notarandomguy

@NightFang said:

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Dynamite you are truly awesome!

@The Impersonator said:

@Atary77 said:

Holy bare breast Batman!

@CaioTrubat said:

Dejah Thoris ...* swoons *

@spiderbat87 said:

@Nova`Prime` said:

I'v been getting Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist on Comixology, it's pretty good.

Dynamite is also my #1 publisher, Bionic Man is getting cooler and I find this Voltron better than the old cartoon. I really like Flash Gordon and I want to pick up Lone Ranger, Green Hornet could be better and Warlord of Mars is just a piece of treasure *-*

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

I swear. Ale Garza draws some of the most visually stunning (not to mention smoking hot!) covers out there!