Posted by G-Man (29481 posts) - - Show Bio

Last month, just in time for the holidays, Boom! Studios released the first issue of Paul Jenkins' DEATHMATCH. The concept is simple, a bunch of superpowered heroes and villains have been abducted and forced to fight each other.

What makes it different here is the fact that because the characters are new, you get a real sense that none of them are safe. We got some nice introductions to some of the characters along with brief histories on some of the others.

Looking at the issue page for #1 HERE, you can see that several characters pages have been added to our database as well.

Carlos Magno provides the art. He has the task of not only delivering big superhero action but has several characters to put on the page. Each character has a different look and having the consistency to capture the unique feel of each character is crucial.

When it comes to reading comics, I sometimes wonder what the page process looks like. We usually only see the final version and being able to see the penciled or inked version isn't something that's always available. Luckily for us, Boom! has given us an exclusive look at a few of the pages. Check out the different stages for each page.

== TEASER ==

Page 2

Page 5

Page 14

Page 18

DEATHMATCH #2 is on sale this week!!

Staff
#1 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Machamp doing on the cover?

#2 Posted by impossibilly (879 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool. I would like seeing more art process posts like this in the future.

#3 Posted by NuclearLife (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this. Wasn't sure if it would be worth picking up issue 1 but man am I glad I did. Love the concept, and it's full of mystery, so you're hooked in to see what will happen next.

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13964 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how they included a question stereotype.

#5 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited for this! :)

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great! I also love seeing the work in progress.

#8 Edited by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Love getting to see this, so many people overlook the inkers and colorists who add so much depth to comic art. The pencils are the core, but the ink and color bring it to life.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach? Is that you? What are you doing over in Boom? ::chuckles::