• 68 results
Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Comics has kindly presented us with an exclusive first look at the covers and accompanying solicits for their upcoming 'THE EDGE' December 2011 titles which include books like 'Grifter,' 'Stormwatch,' 'All-Star Western,' 'Voodoo' and more. The cover below gives us a look at Deathstroke and clues us into the fourth issue of his self titled series. Check it out as well as the covers and accompanying solicits to the other 'THE EDGE' books below. Which books are you most looking forward to?

DEATHSTROKE #4

Written by KYLE HIGGINS

Art by JOE BENNETT and ART THIBERT

Cover by SIMON BISLEY

On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Deathstroke incarcerated! As the world’s fiercest mercenary is shipped off to a metahuman prison, Slade uncovers a new wrinkle in his quest to root out the forces working to manipulate him – and the Blackhawks may be a part of it! Also, what exactly is in the briefcase? The answer will shock you!

== TEASER ==

STORMWATCH #4

Written by PAUL CORNELL

Art and cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

The earth is being eaten alive! As the unstoppable alien antibody continues consuming everything in its path, Stormwatch awakens a slumbering [information redacted] buried deep within the earth. But has the team found an ally or a threat greater than the antibody? However it plays out, the DC landscape literally will be changed forever! Plus: Don’t miss a major change to the Stormwatch roster!

GRIFTER #4

Written by NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art by SCOTT CLARK and DAVE BEATY

Cover by CAFU and JASON GORDER

On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Seattle is known for coffee, clouds, and Q-Core. Grifter’s struggle has led him to the headquarters of a hero, but not without a few surprises along the way. Just when the gun-wielding con man thinks he’s gotten the upper hand in his situation, he realizes he’s put himself in the center of the bull’s-eye! Guest-starring Green Arrow!

VOODOO #4

Written by RON MARZ

Art by SAMI BASRI

Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US RATED T+

The mysterious Voodoo has left destruction in her wake since fleeing New Orleans. Her nemesis Special Agent Fallon remains hot on her trail as she heads for Metropolis…and Fallon isn’t the only one, as a new, third player enters the hunt.

SUICIDE SQUAD #4

Written by ADAM GLASS

Art by FEDERICO DALLACCHIO

Cover by DAN PANOSIAN

On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

The body count rises! Another Squad member falls – but not the way you might expect! Betrayal follows betrayal as Captain Boomerang joins the Squad in a smash-and-grab against the terrorist organization Kobra, and Harley Quinn shows why you should never, ever recruit Squad members from Arkham Asylum. Brace yourself for a last-page shocker the likes of which the Squad has never faced before!

O.M.A.C. #4

Written by DAN DIDIO and KEITH GIFFEN

Art and cover by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Kevin Kho finally makes it back home – but while trying to pull the pieces of his life back together, he inadvertently disconnects from Brother Eye! Unfortunately, Kevin’s freedom comes with a price, because now he’s alone and forced to defend himself against Checkmate and their lethal Bio-gators!

BLACKHAWKS #4

Written by MIKE COSTA

Art by GRAHAM NOLAN and TREVOR SCOTT

Cover by KEN LASHLEY

On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US RATED T

The Blackhawks have a brutal, apocalyptic showdown in the Eyrie against their newest, most dangerous foe. Meanwhile, Canada and Wildman enact a desperate plan to escape their captors...but escape to where?

MEN OF WAR #4

Written by IVAN BRANDON and B. CLAY MOORE

Art by TOM DERENICK and PAUL McCAFFREY

Cover by VIKTOR KALVACHEV

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Easy Company wrestles with the betrayal of one of their own, as each man processes Kobra’s secret in his own way. But the company must forge ahead, marching into unknown enemy territory – while an ancient evil lies waiting in a salty haze. Will this be the end for Rock and his men?

Plus: A team of mecha fans turned engineers have built the hardware of their dreams, but will it work out the way it always does in the movies?

ALL-STAR WESTERN #4

Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by MORITAT and PHIL WINSLADE

Cover by LADRONN

On sale DECEMBER 28 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

The trail of a missing child from a wealthy family leads Jonah Hex and Amadeus Arkham into the watery catacombs of Gotham City’s still-under-construction sewer system – but will they survive the many dangers that lurk in those twisty depths? Also: introducing the Barbary Ghost, a fireworks wielding mistress of vengeance, stalking San Francisco’s criminal underworld.

#1 Posted by scnjedi (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Words cannot describe how much I love that All-Star Western cover

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Voodoo #4...GIGGITY!!!!!!!!! I love that cover. And all the others look WONDERFUL. I wuvs the solicits when they come out. New 52 all speed ahead!

#3 Posted by spaceboy (205 posts) - - Show Bio

How...edgy?

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (10376 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like some good issues are coming out for December. The covers look really nice for some series.

#5 Edited by Grim (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

IS THAT A DOOMSDAY I SEE BETWEEN THE LINES OF STORMWATCH?!!?!?

lol these are all pretty interesting. Am i the only one getting a Call of Duty:Modern Warfare feel from men of war?

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (59146 posts) - - Show Bio

The first two, men of war and the last one are sweeeeeet.
BB

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39971 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty exited for Blackhawks, think its going to be like DC's version of SHIELD

#8 Posted by Mucklefluga (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOBS

#9 Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

@scnjedi said:

Words cannot describe how much I love that All-Star Western cover

Ditto! It's my favorite

#10 Posted by ninjacommando (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Voodoo <3

#11 Posted by ragdollpurps (16846 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, GA vs. Grifter.

#12 Posted by TheBlackHood (506 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really liking how infrequently DC is crossing over their characters. I was really pumped to see Kyle Rayner appearing in VooDoo 3 and even more excited to see Grifter vs. Green Arrow. I hope DC keeps the crossovers to a minimum so that these interactions have a greater impact. I am REALLY excited for some of these books, I thought the first "Men of War" was fantastic.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjacommando: @Mucklefluga: Yes indeed. Yes indeed, hehe.

#14 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

BOOBS

WHERE??

#15 Posted by elayem98 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

1. im looking forward to stormwatch but they really butchered the costumes. Apollo used to have my favorite costume in all of comics and midnighters was really cool too. Now...eww...

2. YYYESSSSSSS grifter green arrow crossover omygod yesssss

3. im not going to read voodoo but that cover is really really good and creative

#16 Edited by doordoor123 (3810 posts) - - Show Bio

Love how frequently the crossovers are happening. That way if you are only getting some books, you can still get to understand more of whats going in the DCU with other characters.

BTW these look FKING AWESOMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!

Once the first three issues are done, it looks like things will start to pick up.

Suicided Squad looks the most attractive though. Adding Captain Boomerang is going to be a great addition. I think the group will eventually break off into two teams. One will be the Suicide Squad and the other will be Secret Six. Hopefully.

#17 Posted by Jake Fury (21296 posts) - - Show Bio

Ron Marz could write a report on bathroom sanitation and I'd buy it. 

#18 Posted by cagedleo730 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grim: It's possible. But Superman mentioned in Swamp Thing that he remembered dying. The Death of Superman could have already happened in some fashion in the DCnU.

#19 Posted by super_psycho (2844 posts) - - Show Bio

Grifter vs Green arrow, hell yeah

#20 Posted by shawn87 (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

I passed on Grifter #1 today but now that I see Green Arrow will be in the series soon I may pick it up

#21 Posted by ImperiousRix (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

FUCK YES, CAPTAIN BOOMERANG IN SUICIDE SQUAD!

And the Men of War covers have been great. Plan on sticking with both those titles through December (hopefully), so we'll see what happens leading up to this point.

#22 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

@spaceboy said:

How...edgy?

I see what you did there...

@spiderbat87 said:

I'm pretty exited for Blackhawks, think its going to be like DC's version of SHIELD

^ I don't think you've said a single thing about the new 52 I disagree, much to the contrary, I seem to agree a lot with you.

#23 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain boomarang...huh...

#24 Edited by J1ml33 (561 posts) - - Show Bio

loving the all new ,all different Stormwatch # 4 cover by Chris Burnham ( he is quickly becoming my favorite artist :D ) he is just killing it right now . At least DC had made a decent investment when they hired him into the fold . ( besides this cover reminds me of a Trippe B-movie 1950s Horror movie cover !) truth telling Ruth
the title should a have been called Stormwatch verse the terror of the Green Jello Blob !!! ( that if it was directed by Quintin Tarantino and written by Grant Morrison with help by Warren Ellis ) but in a perfect it world it would have been so (but This one is still on top of my list !) 

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39971 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spaceboy said:

How...edgy?

I see what you did there...

@spiderbat87 said:

^ I don't think you've said a single thing about the new 52 I disagree, much to the contrary, I seem to agree a lot with you.

lol I know, great minds think alike.
#26 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

lol I know, great minds think alike.

Touché

#27 Posted by MrMazz (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and SS look good but damn that all star western cover is freaking nice

#28 Posted by the_nightwalker (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@J1ml33: hells to the yeah... stormwatch is blowing me away!

wish bernham was doing interior

#29 Posted by Omegalpha (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Another brilliant Biz cover. 
Stormwatch still looks insane (in a great way). 
I love O.M.A.C.!
Men of War cover is lovely in its simplicity.
All-Star Western wins best overall cover.

#30 Posted by IrishX (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised DC wants to kill off Green Arrow so soon...

#31 Posted by Sekele (297 posts) - - Show Bio

That StormWatch cover looks epic

#32 Posted by Greenlantern206 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

omac looks good cant wait to see more covers

#33 Posted by Feliciano2040 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell's Resurrection Man ?!!

#34 Posted by longbowhunter (8485 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sekele said:

That StormWatch cover looks epic

Right on. Those previous solicited covers by Chris Burnham were great too!
#35 Posted by The Stegman (28748 posts) - - Show Bio

wait wait..is that Captain Boomerang...with his Brightest Day energy boomerangs???? YES!!!!!

#36 Posted by The Impersonator (6576 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by IrishX (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: That is one of DC's "Dark" titles. These are the "edge" titles.
#38 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19148 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Stormwatch cover. Reminds me of something Seth Fisher would have done.

#39 Posted by iLLituracy (13546 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

Do not understand.

#40 Posted by GraveSp (335 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like Captain Boomerang can still make the energy boomerangs, interesting thing to keep. I'm excited for most of these books, relaunch is definitely keeping my interest.

#41 Posted by pikahyper (14003 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormwatch, Voodoo, Men of War and All-Star Western look pretty freakin epic.

#42 Posted by Feliciano2040 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX said:

@Feliciano2040: That is one of DC's "Dark" titles. These are the "edge" titles.

Confused. I am now.

#43 Posted by GraveSp (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grim said:

IS THAT A DOOMSDAY I SEE BETWEEN THE LINES OF STORMWATCH?!!?!?

lol these are all pretty interesting. Am i the only one getting a Call of Duty:Modern Warfare feel from men of war?

where do you see Doomsday?

#44 Posted by cagedleo730 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraveSp: I've heard that they'll change the Rogues to make them metahumans. No more cold gun, flamethrower, or weather wand.

#45 Posted by GraveSp (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagedleo730: That may work. The cold gun always seemed like a Mr Freeze ripoff but without it it may seem like an Killer Frost ripoff. It always seemed kinda weird though that Flash was fighting just normal dudes, it always seemed like a major one sided fight. He is smart with powers, they are kinda stupid and powerless

#46 Posted by ImperiousRix (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraveSp: Yeah, I'm actually kind of glad they kept that power. I always liked Digger and his trick boomerangs, but it makes a lot more (from having him be a credible threat) to just have him able to summon as many energy boomerangs as he wants.

#47 Posted by zombietag (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

um voodoo looks.... large. hm.

#48 Posted by entropy_aegis (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and Kobra(suicide squad) for me,reallly glad too see Kobra is on DCNU.

#49 Posted by The_Mercenary (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke's art is looking incredible. Nice to see some respect for the man.
#50 Posted by Mekboy (1313 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Grifter 1