• 78 results
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

I'm super pumped for this new take on Hal's origin, I would be excited for Tim's if it wasn't written by Lobdell..... Batwoman's should be interesting,I'd like to get into her.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By CantDance93

Too bad it's not Geoff Johns writing Hal's origin ...again, would be nice to see him return for a small part because Robert Vendittis run is pretty boring IMO.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I will never understand the Venditti hate. He is a great writer; his GL is solid. Not as epic as Johns, but not bad by any means. I feel like he's really building up something interesting. Give him time people. And I recommend reading his X-O Manowar if you aren't already. It's phenomenal.

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Fastestmanalive

Yea Venditti is horrible. Johns made Hal one of my favorite characters of all time and Venditti is making me drop Green Lantern from my pull list.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really like Lobdell's writing.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By mak13131313

I can't wait for this! I have been enjoying Venditti's run on Green Lantern. As for all the complainers whining about how they hate it and that it doesn't compare to John's run are probably the same ones that were whining about how Johns run was getting boring and it was time for him to leave the book. Complainers are going to complain, no matter what.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#57  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Green Lantern sounds cool and Batwoman sounds nice. I am not aware of her New 52 origin yet so that would be interesting. And why is Lobdell back? We got him away from Superman and Red Robin and his Bitches (like hell I am calling them the Teen Titans. That would be a disgrace to the past incarnations of the team) why bring him back. I wanted to see Tim do better, not be fucked around to with his stupid origin that I thought everyone was ignoring.

I really want to see Martian Manhunter, Robin, the Atom, and Dr. Mid-nite in the series so they can get kickass covers that I would love to have a poster.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#58  Edited By Teerack

I was starting to get the impression DC didn't like Hal Jordan considering in the Lego Movie, Justice League War, and even in the new 52 Justice League he ends up becoming the butt of the jokes. I was scared they wanted to shit all of the mocking that Aquaman used to get over to Hal.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tohoma

Do we really need Secret Origin? I'm not gonna buy this.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Origin is for NEW readers not whiny fanboys. Zero Year was almost 2 years ago. People nowadays have short attention spans. They need jumping on points all the time. These stories are NOT gonna be retcons.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nooooooo not Lobdell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Lobdell on Tim again,it's like he wants to ruin the character permanently.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad Lobdell will get a chance to clear up Tim Drake's origin. I hope DC gives him the next Teen Titans or Young Justice book and let him do what he wants, not force editorial mandates upon him.

Would be nice to see this series do some villains

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By saoakden

I love these covers. They're awesome. First for my favorite hero Superman, then Batman, now Green Lantern. Who's next the Flash?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Glad Lobdell will get a chance to clear up Tim Drake's origin. I hope DC gives him the next Teen Titans or Young Justice book and let him do what he wants, not force editorial mandates upon him.

Would be nice to see this series do some villains

Reaction GIF: no, Steve Carell, The Office
asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, Lobdell has already ruined Tim enough. Just let someone else write him already. I wonder if Lobdell is going to write Tim's origins the same as what he wrote in the 0 issue. Where they had Tim be an Olympic gymnast that competed in women's only events, lol.

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Alertcircuit

@teerack said:

I was starting to get the impression DC didn't like Hal Jordan considering in the Lego Movie, Justice League War, and even in the new 52 Justice League he ends up becoming the butt of the jokes. I was scared they wanted to shit all of the mocking that Aquaman used to get over to Hal.

I think that is what they're doing.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I will never understand the Venditti hate. He is a great writer; his GL is solid. Not as epic as Johns, but not bad by any means. I feel like he's really building up something interesting. Give him time people. And I recommend reading his X-O Manowar if you aren't already. It's phenomenal.

Agreed

Flying_J87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why people don't like Venditti

Because unlike Geoff Johns, who placed Hal on a pedestal without any real justification, Venditti has reigned Hal in and knocked him down a few pegs even. Cue angered fans who want a return to Johns' style of "OMG HAL IS AWESOME! Why? BECAUSE HE JUST IS!"

Flying_J87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be nice to see them do Kyle Rayner and clear up some things from New Guardians. In the first issue, seemed like Emerald Twilight happened, Oa was in ruins, and Ganthet was the last of the Guardians. Then in a later issue, they had a flashback of Ganthet showing Kyle around Oa, which was perfectly fine, and saying Kyle would receive training from Kilowog. :s

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

I don't understand why people don't like Venditti

Because unlike Geoff Johns, who placed Hal on a pedestal without any real justification, Venditti has reigned Hal in and knocked him down a few pegs even. Cue angered fans who want a return to Johns' style of "OMG HAL IS AWESOME! Why? BECAUSE HE JUST IS!"

Sounds about right. It's better to make the character work for it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

@flying_j87: this. I'm a massive Hal fanboy but I like how Venditti is treating Hal for the most part. It feels like Hal is beginning to earn his rep again.

jorelliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jorelliot

What an amazing cover!

But seriously though, what the hell? Just when I thought we had hope for Tim Drake to be saved from the clutches of Lobdell, we're giving him right back to the monster that systematically destroyed his character. Good call DC. Good call. Teen Titans was finally cancelled, and Tim was set to appear in Eternal under the control of a writer with talent. But nope. We have to give him back to Lobdell so he can write another origin. What a fucking joke.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit. Lobdell's gonna mess Tim up again. Great.

Nightwing128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely skimming through the 1st and 2nd issues of these seeing as I'm a big fan of Grayson, Batman, Aquaman and Starfire...though the idea of this book confuses me. Guess I'll find out what they'll contain when it arrives!

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

Hey, I got an idea that might actually be crazy.... lets do origin stories about characters that actually havent had origins yet in the new 52!!!

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari: Not a bad idea but DC learned a lesson with DC Universe Presents. You gotta start off with the heavy hitters before going on to the lower tiers and new characters.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By blur1528

Thought Lobdell already ruined Tim?

Exactly. Just another punch in the gut.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

@micah said:

The colors confused me, for a second I thought Hal was a Yellow Lantern

the shoulders i'm assuming? Cause I just thought the same thing.