Exclusive Cover Reveals: THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #1 comes out. It can also be seen as ORIGINAL SIN #5.1. Through the events of Original Sin, Odin's big secret is out. Everyone knew he raised his sons, Thor and Loki. It turns out he had a daughter as well. It appears that in order to keep her identity a secret, Odin banished an entire realm. And now, Angela will be looking for revenge.

Marvel has given us an exclusive first look at the Simone Bianchi covers. The cover to issue #2 is the variant. Dale Keown will be doing the regular cover. The covers for 3 through 5 will be the regular covers.

THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #2 (ORIGINAL SIN #5.2)

No Caption Provided

(W) Jason Aaron, Al Ewing (A) Simone Bianchi, Lee Garbett (CA) Dale Keown

THOR: THE TENTH REALM

• Thanks to the events of ORIGINAL SIN, the deepest secret of the Nine Realms is revealed... a Tenth Realm!

• Thor and Loki embark on a quest to discover this strange new world -- and the sister Thor never knew he had... Angela!

• But can Loki be trusted? And will brother and sister murder each other before the truth comes out?

Item Code: MAY140774 In Shops: 7/23/2014 SRP: $3.99

THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #3 (ORIGINAL SIN #5.3)

No Caption Provided

Item Code: MAY140776 In Shops: 8/6/2014 SRP: $3.99

THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #4 (ORIGINAL SIN #5.4)

No Caption Provided

Item Code: MAY140777 In Shops: 8/20/2014 SRP: $3.99

THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #5 (ORIGINAL SIN #5.5)

No Caption Provided

On sale September 3.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

oh now this is just harsh

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Love the cover of 5.4

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CRTrobinson

Worst "art" ever!

thehonorablerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehonorablerj

Can't be mad at JA for this. It's on the editor. Worst idea ever. They have to use this C-list, washed out forgotten character from Image that had her heyday 20 years ago, and now that Marvel owns the rights, they legally have to use her in print. Maybe they'll draw giant pouches and shoulder pads and mismatched boots on Thor to make her feel at home. Give everybody great big belt buckles and sashes and capes so impossibly long that anyone, god or man, would trip over them. .

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Everyone knew he raised two sons, Thor and Loki. It turns out he had a daughter as well."

I've readed sentence like this more and more time on review, preview and other things here on comicvine...

...but why everyone seem forget about BALDER, the only "true" son of Odin? Why?

I've missed something? O_O

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

next in marvel: doc ock knocked old and dusty boots with aunt may a la norman and gwen and turns out: PETER HAS ....... nothing to worry about. people cant procreate at that age. it's just nasty.

deadpooluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do this it makes no sense

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: Balder? who is this Balder you speak of in the marvel universe

im just wondering why Zeus is in Asgard with Thor and Loki because if i remember correctly Odin isnt the type of all father that sleeps around thats Zeus thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To reiterate another Viners observation. Thor is Odin's bastard son with Gaea, Loki is an adopted Frost Giant, regardless both of them are very much Odin's sons and that's wonderful but where is Balder in this miniseries? You know Balder the only natural born son of Odin and Frigga in the Marvel Universe and rightful heir to the throne of Asgard? Don't you think he'd like to hear about his sister?! Or is he being left out because he hasn't been featured in the films yet? Yea that's probably it. Hate it, but I'll deal with it. With any luck Balder will be in Thor 3 and well see his triumphant return to the Marvel Universe. In the meantime I'm sure this miniseries, like all the rest of Original Sin will be worth the read.

ozoezegabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

balder is the brother of thor.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...but why everyone seem forget about BALDER, the only "true" son of Odin? Why?

I've missed something? O_O

He is dead and bunished to kinda Limbo as far as i remember.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Simone Bianchi only doing the cover art ?

travmadison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: No he was returned from limbo. He has been seen sparingly though.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By z3ro180

@rubear: he isn't banished he chose to stay there

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember back when Angela battled Spawn, but is she any match for Thor? I'd believe that Thor would curbstomp her.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To reiterate another Viners observation. Thor is Odin's bastard son with Gaea, Loki is an adopted Frost Giant, regardless both of them are very much Odin's sons and that's wonderful but where is Balder in this miniseries? You know Balder the only natural born son of Odin and Frigga in the Marvel Universe and rightful heir to the throne of Asgard? Don't you think he'd like to hear about his sister?! Or is he being left out because he hasn't been featured in the films yet? Yea that's probably it. Hate it, but I'll deal with it. With any luck Balder will be in Thor 3 and well see his triumphant return to the Marvel Universe. In the meantime I'm sure this miniseries, like all the rest of Original Sin will be worth the read.

Agreed Balder needs way more attention in the Marvel Universe.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in the in end this is not my beloved Angela.... i'm sad

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I've never been the biggest fan of Thor, but I have been loving Loki's new comic series. I will be adding this to my list, look forward to learning more about Thor and Odin.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I currently don't read any of the asgardian focussed books but will 100% be checking this out.

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mangakid1995:

Normally Balder is not the only son of Odin and Frigga Hermod and Tyr the god of war are also from the myth but in comics there are 4 actually we have Thor from gaea, Loki adopted, Vidar from a giantess who came sometime ago to avenge his treatment the same way Angela is doing also and Balder of course. The way things are going we must assume that Angela is going to be amp to Thor level of characters she will be an 100 level and even in the guardians of the galaxy she was difficult to deal with even the combine might of the guardians it was almost impossible to put her down so we must expect a difficult fight for Thor and if we consider the fact that he's going to hold back because he knows theit relationship

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is just dumb to put her into Thor's franchise. Just make her be the Marvel's go to character for Christian mythology, just like Thor & Hercules are.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

excited!