• 70 results
black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 109

#51  Edited By black_wreath

I approve of this new member and am interested to see what she brings to the group dynamic, I just hope it doesn't too crowded again.

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@outside_85: @lagozzino:

I wish artists would stop objectifying Spider-Man just to get women aroused. It's so offensive.

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, artists drawing awkward poses in order to create the look of dynamic action is nothing exclusive to female characters.

Be quiet, Awkward poses are only relevant when its on a female

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I am kind of mad it took me this long to get the Black Power Girl joke...maybe because its not really funny, but still it took me to long to get it. However there does need to be a character named Black Power Girl, somewhere, somehow

It's not funny at all and it's a bit offensive. What the other poster said was unnecessary. There shouldn't be a "Black" prefix added onto minority characters. Back then this was actually acceptable, due to new minority hero's being quite a big deal around the 60s-70s era.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is black power girl??? Can anybody explain plz I don't read worlds finest

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

power girl looks AWESOME!!!

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By COBRAMORPH

wait, so we just got PG's real costume back, & now they've gone & ruined her by A: creating a new character no one needs & B: for diversity ?

Creating new characters & passing around the name is the PROBLEM with comics. They created Kyle Rayner almost 20 years ago, bumped Wally to main Flash for 20 years ANNND who is in the movies? Who is the tv show about? How long did someone else last as Batman? How long did Artemis last as WW? Did Steel ,Eradicator & Cyborg-Supes even replace Clark as Supes for even a breif time? How long did the electric revamp of Superman last? No one cares about Connor Hawke as GA.

STOP creating new meat to wear super-suits, & write Kara Zor-L good.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@mrfuzzynutz said:

@scouterv: I am kind of mad it took me this long to get the Black Power Girl joke...maybe because its not really funny, but still it took me to long to get it. However there does need to be a character named Black Power Girl, somewhere, somehow

It's not funny at all and it's a bit offensive. What the other poster said was unnecessary. There shouldn't be a "Black" prefix added onto minority characters. Back then this was actually acceptable, due to new minority hero's being quite a big deal around the 60s-70s era.

That's just being sensitive. It's not like she's being called Black Power Girl out of anyone not liking her. It's just a fun play on words.

It's not like she's some sort of Black Panther straight out of a Black Dynamite episode. People are just having fun with her name.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why does Kenneth Rocafort have to leave every series he starts after a few issues?

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one that Rocafort draws looks "teen"

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@drapplebox: it's in the context. If an artist wants to put in an ass shot, they totally can IF it makes sense with the rest of the scene. Spidey's ass ends up in shots all the time because he's constantly performing flips and acrobatics. It makes sense within the narritive.

Meanwhile there's no justification for Wonder Girl's lower body to be in that position if she's performing that attack. If the artist wanted to include her backside, then he shouldn't have drawn her facing forward in a headlong attack. What we ended up with is an image of Cassie looking super angry and serious and charging forward, yet still feeling the need to tilt her butt to the audience. Hence my comment; This is clearly supposed to be a serious moment for Wonder Girl, yet she's also making a conscious effort to look sexy for the camera (or I guess for that dude in the bottom left corner of the cover)?

It's just generally not a great drawing. I mean, even if you wanna give a pass on Wondie, Power Girl looks bored out of her skull in the middle of this fight, and the perspective got screwed up so the girl she's holding out to her side looks more like she's further behind Power Girl. Just a lot of bad choices by the artist here, even though I do generally like his style.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Outside_85

I wish artists would stop objectifying Spider-Man just to get women aroused. It's so offensive.

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, artists drawing awkward poses in order to create the look of dynamic action is nothing exclusive to female characters.

Perhaps not, but it just happens a lot more often with female characters. Practical example is the old Avengers poster, all the dudes are facing forwards looking ready for action, Black Widow is standing with her butt towards the viewer while having turned her upper body to look at us.

No Caption Provided

Why does Kenneth Rocafort have to leave every series he starts after a few issues?

Unfortunately he is just taking the usual break according to Will.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johnny_blaze said:

Fanboys always focus on the negative.

Quote of the year!

Lion-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lagozzino:

Yeah I have to disagree all the Spidey buttshots do no make sense at all. Your showing a clear bias here. Acrobatic or not it's weird and gratuitous but if people don't mind or they like it fine for them. I'm not gonna troll those people or tell them they shouldn't be looking at that. "blah,blah,blah" Let people like what they like.

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By UltronMk7

I just don't understand the people who complain about stuff like this. Women in comics will always be drawn super beautiful, the men crazy jacked, handsome. There is nothing wrong with the characters being drawn 'sexy'. the way they are posed should be breathtaking, if that means looking sexy then so be it. It's an ultra stylized world they live in. I've never had an issue with it. For instance I love the way Wonder Woman is being drawn right now. Super sexy, hair flowing, but also confident and powerful. Not to mention being portrayed in the story as smart and sexy and kicking all kinds of butt both male and female. I was showing some N52 pics of WW to a female friend who is into fitness modeling and she loved it. Thought it was awesome.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I want more average looking super heroes. Someone whom looks like this. It's like they act like all good people are attractive and that's just not true.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They wouldn't be starring roles more like background or sidekicks. Now that my mind if running through things I'm quite surprised that Batman hasn't had a black sidekick yet. I know that Cassandra Cain was half Asian, but why not take it a step farther?

Maki_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Hey it's time to complain about physically impossible, sexist covers!

But seriously what does it here is whoever-the-black-girl-is's face; her completely blank expression next to Wonder Girl's painfully awkward pose makes them look like manikins or at best fashion models on something. They don't look like superheroes (teenage superheros) at all.

I am trying to give whats-her-name the benefit of the doubt though; since I have no idea who she is that might be her natural state, I don't know (on the other hand that seems like an incredibly uncomfortable way to punch someone)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I am getting here is that...

"Sexy women trigger me <_>"

Avatar image for iragulasuperbia
iragulasuperbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit, I would've rather seen Emiko join, but that's because I've never read anything about this new Powergirl. Ah, well. Always fun to learn about new characters!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

This could be a teaser, though. The young woman above might just be a guest since Manchester Black joined up in the closing panel of the previous issue. Um, I still like attractive African-American women in comics, so I hope I'm wrong. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Your comments are hilarious and spot on. Thanks for proving not all comic fans are fap happy sexists.