Exclusive Cover Reveal: NEW AVENGERS #3 Chris Burnham Variant

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Check out this variant cover for NEW AVENGERS #3 by Chris Burnham. Issue 1 came out last week and you can try to tracked down this one in November.

I'm sure you recognize the homage.

No Caption Provided

NEW AVENGERS #3

(W) Al Ewing (A) Gerardo Sandoval (CA) Chris Burnham

• Avengers Island -- under attack from outer space!

• Who are the Knights Of The Infinite? What do they want with Wiccan and Hulkling? And how far will the New Avengers go to stop them?

• Meanwhile, Songbird uncovers evidence of a traitor on the team...

Rated T+

Item Code: SEP150789 In Shops: 11/18/2015 SRP: $3.99

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

such a goofy team :P

BIGGGHEADTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Im usually not the negative type but.... this has got to be the worst avengers team like ever

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye and Songbird sounds like a good start to a team but that's it. If you added maybe Sunfire and Tigra it might look like a better team in my opinion.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im usually not the negative type but.... this has got to be the worst avengers team like ever

Do you have read the story ?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Cover reveal... I'm pretty sure I've seen this cover on the web for a month already.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That moment when Hawkeye is your favorite member of an avengers team

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@westy206 said:

Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye and Songbird sounds like a good start to a team but that's it. If you added maybe Sunfire and Tigra it might look like a better team in my opinion.

Nice cover, but yeah, my man Hercules has it.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll let anybody in the Avengers.

BIGGGHEADTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: yes i actually did unlike some people i read the stories b4 i judge

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the wacky lineup.

I loved Hickman's run but it wasn't what a New Avengers series should be about to me. It should have been called Illuminati but I assume the name New Avengers sells better.

To me "New Avengers" is about new superheroes joining an Avengers team for the first time. It makes sense to have a couple Vets on the team to help them along, but that's the theme I think New Avengers should stick with. The original concept saw Captain America and Iron Man (The Vets) lead a team of already well known heroes (Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, & Wolverine), but they molded them into a team, they molded them into Avengers. It also featured a couple new characters like Sentry and Ronin. I think this new lineup, while wacky, sticks to the core of what a New Avengers books should be.

Just like Uncanny Avengers should stick with the theme of Unity & Cooperation between Super Men, Inhumans, Mutants, and Aliens.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:

I like the wacky lineup.

I loved Hickman's run but it wasn't what a New Avengers series should be about to me. It should have been called Illuminati but I assume the name New Avengers sells better.

They are not even Illuminati, they are A.I.M., Avengers Idea Mechanics :) and I think that this would be a better title than Illuminati or New Avengers :)

Anyway, I really, really, really Like the Team, they have united some of my favourite character :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

"So these characters have been left, they don't look much of a team..."

"No matter, slap Avengers in the title and we are all set"

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:

I like the wacky lineup.

They are not even Illuminati, they are A.I.M., Avengers Idea Mechanics :) and I think that this would be a better title than Illuminati or New Avengers :)

Anyway, I really, really, really Like the Team, they have united some of my favourite character :)

I said Hickman's run should have been called ILLUMINTI, and not New Avengers.

Arikras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@americanspeeddemon: that moment when he always is. why is everyone complaining? Lest we forget that most of these characters have been Avengers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@arikras said:

@americanspeeddemon: that moment when he always is. why is everyone complaining? Lest we forget that most of these characters have been Avengers

True Wiccan and Hulkling were actually named Avengers at the end of Childrens Crusade several years ago and that was confirmed during Axis.

Hawkeye was for a long time now.

White Tiger and Powerman where mighty Avengers and Avengers Academy, I think.

Squirrel Girl was around the Avengers for some time and on the Great Lake Avengers.

Sunspot was.

I think that leaves Songbird... let me guess nobody was complaining about her.

Also, yes they let anyone on the Avengers. Since forever actually. Captain America once recruited two Iron Man villains(Black Widow, Hawkeye) and two X-Men villains(Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch), then other villains, which the team met, like Vision joined, and then there were people like Swordsman and Black Knight, who... they are called Swordsman and Black Knight respectively, thats exactly what you get.

Anyone on this team has actually fought powerful villains already like Kang(Young Avengers), Loki(Team-up of Ronin and the Young Avengers), Korvac(Avengers Academy), Shuma Gorath(Mighty Avengers), Thor(these two specific Mighty Avengers)

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

That moment when Hawkeye is your favorite member of an avengers team

Hawkeye is always my favorite member

@ducey13 said:

I like the wacky lineup.

This is actually a Slott idea he had when he was writing Avengers. He wanted Hank Pym to have AIM in the Avengers Infinite Mansion but it got nixed. The team is a New Avengers team but the AIM aspect doesn't really fit since there are no scientist to keep stuff in check

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: I had to go back and check when Slott wrote an Avengers title (there's been so many the last few years). I actually liked his run on Mighty Avengers. It wasn't the greatest but it was good. I haven't read the post secret wars NEW AVENGERS, so I can't say much about it. As I said before I just like wacky line-ups so it appeals to me. Plus it keeps the theme of introducing actual "new Avengers" to an Avengers team (Songbird, Pod, White Tiger, Power Man, Wicann, Hukling, Squirrel-Girl, ect) Now I know the argument can be made that most of them have previous experience as Avengers but I don't really count the Young Avengers as legit Avengers. That's like counting the Teen Titans as JLAers to me. Also, Ewing's Mighty Avengers, which featured some of these characters, was more like a Heroes for Hire book. But just as I pointed out how Hickman's "New Avengers" run should have been titled "Illuminati", Illuminati and Heroes for Hire titles don't sell as well as anything with "Avengers" in the title.

I do agree with you though that if this team is going to be affiliated with A.I.M. then there should be a scientist in the group. Even if it's MODOK.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13: @boschepg: When you will read the first issue, you will discover that they have a lot of scientist affiliated, really a lot! Max Brashear [son of Blue Marvel, from the "Mighty Avengers (Hero for Hire)" Book] and a whole staff of A.I.M. scientist :)

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: I know AIM is in the book. We are talking about having someone that has been established on AIM genius level like Pym, McCoy, or even Stingray or Black Knight

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: Well, Max Brashear a.k.a. Dr. Positron have been established quite as a genius, superior to his father Blue Marvel [that is near McCoy level]... well, maybe his not well known, but i was quite present in the "Mighty Avengers/Captain America & Mighty Avengers" Book :)

Anyway... Black Knight? O_O I've never considered him a genius...