Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle between He-Man and Skeletor is about to go to a new level after last issue's ending. Skeletor seemed to have won the battle against He-Man but it may be time for the tables to turn.

DC has given us an exclusive first look at the wraparound cover to the next issue. Previously, only the portion with He-Man and Skeletor had been seen.

(Click the image to enlarge.)

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6

• The epic battle between He-Man and Skeletor comes to an explosive conclusion!
• As the dust settles, who will be left holding the Power of Grayskull?

Written by: Keith Giffen

Art by: Philip Tan, Ruy Jose

Cover by: Dave Wilkins

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Jan 30 2013

Staff
#1 Edited by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Good art, almost looks like Alex Ross.

#2 Posted by dboy4dashing (85 posts) - - Show Bio

With Masters of Universe digital comics and He-man And the Masters... I'm really enjoying the run. The art could be better in few panels. But I like the take on it.

I would have preferred a different style for the swords look. I know its classic but the Animated series one was way too cool! Loved that series!

#3 Posted by dondave (34542 posts) - - Show Bio

Look nice

#4 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC!!!

#5 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully the inside art is just as good as the cover...

#6 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Hopefully the inside art is just as good as the cover...

Lol when has that ever happened?

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

I wouldn't go that far, but still epic

#8 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Tri-Klops still looks silly

#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty awesome art. =)

#10 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

sold ill get the trade

#11 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

I F"N LOVE HEMAN! is this the last issue?

#12 Posted by NightFang (9900 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

#13 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

He-man will win...

HE HAS THE POOOWWWEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Posted by Darcsteel (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboy4dashing said:

With Masters of Universe digital comics and He-man And the Masters... I'm really enjoying the run. The art could be better in few panels. But I like the take on it.

I would have preferred a different style for the swords look. I know its classic but the Animated series one was way too cool! Loved that series!

Actually I love that they kept the swords the same. Little known mythos from the original was that He-man only wielded half of the sword of power although he alone was empowered by Greyskull Skeletor had the other half, Hence their swords look the same (OG he-man fan right here)

#15 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Nostalgia/10

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That art is truly awesome. I want this in TP so bad...

#17 Posted by Wonder Princess (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Nice.

#18 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes you have to have the original swords they were part of what drew me in back in the 80's! Is this really gonna be all they do though? I have really enjoyed the series.

#19 Posted by AmishAvenger (138 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darcsteel said:

@dboy4dashing said:

Actually I love that they kept the swords the same. Little known mythos from the original was that He-man only wielded half of the sword of power although he alone was empowered by Greyskull Skeletor had the other half, Hence their swords look the same (OG he-man fan right here)

Also the mythos goes that only direct decendents of King Grayskull could wield the power that the swords carry.

on a also unrelated topic it looks like this summer He-man will be getting a new ongoing series from DC. *Thumbs Up* also going to be having She-ra a part of the main series.

#21 Posted by dboy4dashing (85 posts) - - Show Bio

.@Trodorne: Wasn't King Greyskull first introduced in the Animated series? I could be wrong here.