Exclusive Cover Reveal: DEATHSTROKE ANNUAL #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

At the end of July, the first DEATHSTROKE annual for the new volume goes on sale. It continues the "Godkiller" story arc. It was originally solicited with a different cover but we were just given the first look at the Tony Daniel one. DEATHSTROKE #7, which has the first part, is now on sale.

No Caption Provided

DEATHSTROKE ANNUAL #1

(W) Tony S. Daniel, James Bonny (A) Tyler Kirkham (CA) Tony Daniel

The "Godkiller" bloodbath continues as Slade uses his new weapon to cleave through the world of the supernatural! And which side of this conflict will Superman and Wonder Woman fall on?

Item Code: MAY150142 In Shops: 7/29/2015 SRP: $4.99

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Epic

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sovereign91001

Slade's making the rounds, first Batman, now Superman and Wonder Woman. I like how high profile this series is, makes me wonder who he'll cross paths with next.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade's making the rounds, first Batman, now Superman and Wonder Woman. I like how high profile this series is, makes me wonder who he'll cross paths with next.

Hopefully Teen Titans

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koays  Online

@sealife said:
@sovereign91001 said:

Hopefully Teen Titans

Dear God I would read that..do it crossover style and show it from both perspectives with Rose in the mix..I would read that so hard.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Daniel's art is fantastic

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rpgesus

Deathstroke is sick

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess neither of them remember how he speared Phatom Lady through the chest to murder her.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@koays said:
@sealife said:
@sovereign91001 said:

Hopefully Teen Titans

Dear God I would read that..do it crossover style and show it from both perspectives with Rose in the mix..I would read that so hard.

Truth.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asjmooney: This right here. It's probably the best work he's ever done.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

I probably wouldn't read this series if Tony S. Daniel wasn't doing the art. So far it's meh, no real depth to the stories or explanation. The first 6 issues with Slade being changed was cool but the story with him trying to find Jericho was wasted potential, especially with the crazy connection Slade had with the villain. No background or history was really established so the story was really disappointing. Though Daniel is awesome I feel as a writer he has potential to bring more life into Deathstroke as he's a cool character but is pretty easily portrayed as one-dimensional.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think Tony S. Daniel deserves an A list title, his art has been fantastic on deathstroke and it was awesome on SM/WW.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

DC made this an exclusive because they seriously think the only heroes anyone cares about are Batman and Superman.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Titanbreaker

@mark_stephen: I doubt DC remembers so why should the inverse characters?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Exclusive? I saw this pic weeks ago

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While i really have been enjoying this series, im also a deathstroke fan. i can't help but wonder why is wonder woman and superman still in their old costumes or more like their appearance prior to everything restarting? I'm sure for some fans it can be confusing... i just figured it's the usual comic stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the current looks and or happenings going on.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Jestersmiles
justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want a Suicide Squad comic book with Cheshire, DeathStroke,Lady Shiva, Deadshot, and David Cain.

Also this should be interesting two gods( one with god killing experience) and an assassin trying to kill a god.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

While i really have been enjoying this series, im also a deathstroke fan. i can't help but wonder why is wonder woman and superman still in their old costumes or more like their appearance prior to everything restarting? I'm sure for some fans it can be confusing... i just figured it's the usual comic stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the current looks and or happenings going on.

DC announced that post Convergence (or DCYou as they call it) is gonna be less strict when it comes to continuity. It is weird to see that only 2 series (JL and this) are the ones taking advantage of it. That's if we're not counting comedic series like Section 8 and Harley Quinn. But back to my orignal point, DC is letting their writers sort of roam free and do go nuts (well, not too crazy. I'm sure there are some rules) to try and tell the best stories they can.

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That sword looks like a rip off of the red hoods All-Blades. Matter of fact Slade is now just another version of Jason Todd. He's a Young assassin vigilante with mystical weapons who kills his targets.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

DC announced that post Convergence (or DCYou as they call it) is gonna be less strict when it comes to continuity. It is weird to see that only 2 series (JL and this) are the ones taking advantage of it. That's if we're not counting comedic series like Section 8 and Harley Quinn. But back to my orignal point, DC is letting their writers sort of roam free and do go nuts (well, not too crazy. I'm sure there are some rules) to try and tell the best stories they can.

true, i do recall reading that as well. and i honestly don't mind either WW or SM wearing their costumes prior to the whole convergence event, logically though you would think they would keep WW in her new armor and supes in his t shirt, jeans and low hair cut like both of them have been in the other series.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah! I love when Tony Daniel draws Superman and Wonder Woman ... too bad he's not doing the interior art as well :(

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been killing this series so far so I'm down

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Why does Superman have to be in this?

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Arc is gonna be so crazy, I'm so Excited

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am in love with this so far. It is a Deathstroke fans dream.