• 61 results
Posted by G-Man (32415 posts) - - Show Bio

As you know, TEEN TITANS ended but is coming back in July. The new series will be written by Will Pfeifer with art by Kenneth Rocafort.

It was announced that there would be a variant cover by Cliff Chiang but that has been unseen. Until now. DC has given us an exclusive first look at the variant cover.

Here's the solicit in case you missed it before:

Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Raven, Bunker and Beast Boy step out of the shadows of the adult heroes of the DC Universe to offer bold, exciting and sometime dangerous ideas on how to protect a world full of superpowered teenagers – any one of whom could be the next heroic figure or major villain!

Check out the new TEEN TITANS series, on sale July 16, 2014.

Staff
#1 Posted by dondave (36517 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy looks like a girl

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33038 posts) - - Show Bio

So I wonder if Beast Boy dyes his hair now

#3 Posted by _ANDY_CAN (177 posts) - - Show Bio

so beast boy is now beast girl

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care for the theme, but I love me some Cliff Chiang art.

#5 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#6 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminding me more and more of the Teen Titans of the old days. Maybe Cyborg can join the team, as a mentor.

#7 Posted by Cloakx14 (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate raven's costume. i like her pre 52 look.

#8 Posted by noj (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it a lot! I've never been super crazy about Ravens new look but it looks great here!

#9 Posted by Outside_85 (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very, very, bright. Wonder Girl has a normal chest-size. Raven's outfit is still an eye-sore (Ok, I admit there are certain artists that could make it work... but the only one I can think of thats working comics is Jae Lee).

And... I am already tired of these cellphone covers...

#10 Posted by Psycho_Soldier (114 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh, is this Young Avengers all over again???

#11 Edited by Teerack (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunker's new outfit looks cool. It looks more like gear appose to something he made himself. The way the artist made his bricks look like pixels is pretty cool as well. I'm so thrilled Marvel isn't throwing Bunker in the trash since they don't seem to really care about any of the new characters introduced in the New 52.

I also like that Tim's wings are now red instead of black. Makes him feel more like RED robin.

I can't wait to see these character in all their Kenneth Rocafort glory, but part of me still wishes Rocafort would have found his way back to RHATO so he could save those three from getting juggled by bad art.

#12 Posted by NightFang (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never a big fan of Raven and I like her new 52 costume.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (23941 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I like this a lot.

#14 Posted by Teerack (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

So I wonder if Beast Boy dyes his hair now

The color change back to green probably has to do with Animal Man being off world, since the reason he was red was because they wanted to make a connection to The Red, so with Animal Man gone it probably his less influence on BB.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33038 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: The Red is still The Red even when Animal Man is not around

#16 Posted by Teerack (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: The Red is still The Red even when Animal Man is not around

Yeah but Animal Man is kind of the center of the web of life because of the nature of his powers. It wouldn't be crazy to think that The Red is strongest where ever he goes since he kind of pulls connections from the web to himself, so it would make sense for it to be weakened in other places far away from him. It's just a theory.

#17 Edited by RustyRoy (12001 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

As usual Chaing kills it, and I feel even more excited for this new TT series.

#19 Posted by Paste_Pot_Pete (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just glad Lobdell's gone.

#21 Edited by Captain13 (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminding me more and more of the Teen Titans of the old days. Maybe Cyborg can join the team, as a mentor.

Or the next roster can be Dick, Raven, Victor, Kory, and Gar.

#22 Posted by SoA (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

i really do not like how they are making beast boy green again.

#23 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's an awesome cover. Just as good as those Young Avengers books. Now if the inside can match the cover, at least thematically.

#24 Posted by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

Really hoping Pfeifer turns this series around.

#25 Posted by imredjimmy (51 posts) - - Show Bio

It does remind me a lot of the most recent Young Avengers series. But then again I loved that one so I'm not gonna complain. Please DC, give me a reason to care about the Teen Titans.

#26 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: IDK, I think that would suck, Cyborg is way better in the Justice League, plus Cyborg, Starfire, and Dick are all too old to be Titans now (at least I think Star is). But they could take time off occasionally to mentor them.

#27 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how their all using smartphones!

#28 Posted by hyperman (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14:

i agree with you, Raven´s costume should have been changed, just like Bunker's costume or Beast boy's hair. By the way Bunker's outfit look cooler now.

#29 Posted by wtk1013 (221 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2021 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6274 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy looks really weird, but otherwise that's a great cover.

#32 Posted by slade_wilson (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing it's a variant.

I do love Cliff, but the concept is unattractive.

#33 Edited by Outside_85 (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Then wouldn't Raven and BB be to old too.

If DC had allowed Raven to retain her proper age rather than going along with Johns' de-aginging scheme.

#34 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really hoping this relaunch is good

#35 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I think it's good they made her a Teen again, a lot of girls (and boys) grew up loving Raven from the Teen Titans, and now they can get a chance to read a comic where she's a teen again and experience that same enjoyment in a more mature structured medium.

#36 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really hoping this continues on from where it left off and it doesn't get retconned

#37 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I liked bunkers costume better how it was.

#38 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Im getting a New Avengers vibe from this

#39 Posted by i_dont_like_comics (696 posts) - - Show Bio

this cover wont ever get dated. it's eternal.

#40 Posted by Outside_85 (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really hoping this continues on from where it left off and it doesn't get retconned

One of the few people to say this :)

@outside_85: I think it's good they made her a Teen again, a lot of girls (and boys) grew up loving Raven from the Teen Titans, and now they can get a chance to read a comic where she's a teen again and experience that same enjoyment in a more mature structured medium.

Think it was one of the dumbest and laziest choices to come out from under Johns' tenure of Teen Titans, a choice that's just about cemented Raven as the Martian Manhunter of the Teen Titans, unable to move on, unable to grow up and by her presence; preventing other characters of a similar nature to be on the team.

#41 Posted by nappystr8 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#42 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Martian Manhunter moved on, he's got his own team now. Also, it's not really dumb, it opens up opportunities for new readers to enjoy the character.

#43 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: lol, yea. Know. Most people hated it. I just think it'd be such a huge waste to let 30 issues go down the drain for nothing

#45 Posted by Outside_85 (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Martian Manhunter moved on, he's got his own team now. Also, it's not really dumb, it opens up opportunities for new readers to enjoy the character.

After what 40-50 years he finally moved to Stormwatch only to move straight back onto another League team?

As for exposure... Well, I was actually pulled into the world of comics through the old Teen Titans cartoon and Raven played a very big part in drawing me in. By that time, obviously, the W/P era had been out and closed for over a decade, so I sat down and enjoyed that which had given the cartoon it's foundation, I didn't need to see a new version of either, especially not since Johns' version lacked the wit, humor and charm of the show that was such a big part of what made it a success.

Dick, Wally, Donna, Starfire and Victor all grew up and went in interesting directions and places (mostly), Raven has remained secluded and rarely appears anywhere outside of Teen Titans because... it's the Teen Titans and there is this weird barrier between them and adults that prevents them from interacting on page for more than single panel cameos. Which I find extremely annoying because I really want to see Raven interact more with the rest of the DCU rather than just a handful of it's teenagers which has been her thing for the last 30 years. And I would very much like to see her appear much more regularly in some of the magic-themed books.

So yeah, imagine my disappointment when I found out the New 52 was for Raven just another romp through Titans Tower rather than doing the innovative and interesting thing and stick her on Justice League Dark :( (which under Milligan's pen would have seemed a less odd choice than mentally breaking Zatanna to make her fit in)

@outside_85: lol, yea. Know. Most people hated it. I just think it'd be such a huge waste to let 30 issues go down the drain for nothing

Well, wasting the time would mean there was something from the last 30 issues that was worth saving :) Lobdell practically unmade all the long-term effects of the Culling. Cassandra appears in control of her armor now. A pair of fingers were snapped and Raven's good again. Tim going nuts was quietly forgotten. Only thing he's left behind that's in need of being returned to is the matter of Bart-Tor and Solstice, which is going to need some truly heavy editing to fix.

Honestly, I would be fine if the last 30 issues remained, but in the past and not really spoken of (since we missed the opportunity for someone striking the time wall and undoing it all Prime-style :D ).

#46 Posted by Gar (13 posts) - - Show Bio

goddamn it

#47 Posted by MrJelly122 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm considering picking this up, I love Chang's art so much, when he and Azzerello leave wonder woman, I don't know when he'll be on another book. This cover is amazing.

#49 Posted by lifeofvibe (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

as always, cliff never ceases to amaze me

#50 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: What about the new readers? you can't just ask a new reader to go back and read all the comics of the 80's just so he/she can enjoy them now, by making her a teen again you open up a door to a new generation of readers.