Exclusive Cover Reveal: ALL-NEW HAWKEYE #1 Jeff Lemire Variant

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Back in October, at NYCC, it was announced that Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez would be taking over Hawkeye in March 2015. You can read our interview with Jeff HERE if you missed it before.

While the March 2015 solicitations have not been released yet, Marvel did give us the first look at a variant cover for the first issue--drawn by Jeff himself. We also found out the series will be titled, ALL-NEW HAWKEYE. Check out the cover.

No Caption Provided

Pretty cool, if you ask us. Keep an eye out for the March solicits and be sure to let your comic shop know you want the new series added to your pull list.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to check it out.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Nice!

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Very reminiscent of Essex County. I wonder if he's doing all the covers, or if it's just a one-time thing.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks like Sweet Tooth and Trillium. Awesome variant, and I'm really looking forward to the new run.

Although it really won't be the same book without Fraction and Aja, but I suppose that's why they're relaunching it, eh?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Looks like Marvel will finally be back on my pull list.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are there, two issues of Fraction and Aja's run to go? What are the odds that issue one of this is actually out before the final issue of their run?

cindella204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Truer words have never been spoken. This is one of the first series I read, so for months I thought that all comics did this.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesomeness.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kate <3

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By consafo80

I'd honestly forgot about this. How I don't know it's gonna be brilliant. (I hope)

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it was uttered that Fraction would be done with the book I was feeling let down...then when I read that Lemire was taking over I lost my marbles. It was pure joy!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This looks awesome. Jeff Lemire has so many great things coming out next year.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Atleast Jeff Lemire's Hawkeye will come out on time.....

Fraction and AJa's run started magically, but along the way with the delays and crap.... it turned into HUGE LET DOWN.

What a tragic shame.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dear god, that's an ugly bit-

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

Dear god, that's an ugly bit-

Kate looks like a 40 year old woman

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't really like Lemire's art but he did wonders on writing Green Arrow before DC made the book terrible again so lets hope he does Hawkeye some justice.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ParaChomp

Okay, I'm just finding this out now but Jeff Lemire? Green Arrow Jeff Lemire? The same Jeff Lemire that DC replaced with Arrow's writers? If so, wow, small world isn't it? Again Marvel takes advantage of DC's poor decisions.

I don't like this cover, Lemire can clearly draw but it doesn't look appealing. Perez however can draw great and appealing looking art.

Regardless, the duo have a lot to live up to. Fraction, Aja and Hollingsworth's run was consistently considered the best comic book on the stands. To top it off there's the possibility of Lemire still being mentally attached to his previous work thus affecting his current work. I can see their run being good. As good as the previous one? Probably not but as long as it's a good read that can stand on its own I will be satisfied.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for Lemire and all, but can we finish off this arch!!!! I DON'T WANNA WAIT ANYMORE!!! :(

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parachomp: Marvel has pretty much added "taking advantage of DC's poor decisions" to their buisness model at this point lol.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can not wait for the new run.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm pretty psyched to pick this up.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Are you kidding me :/

The guy stopped writing Green Arrow only to go and write Hawkeye, and why is Marvel putting ANOTHER comic back to #1

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ParaChomp

@illmatic4177: It's not a bad one either. :P
If only it could also be the other way around...

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

What are there, two issues of Fraction and Aja's run to go? What are the odds that issue one of this is actually out before the final issue of their run?

I read some member of the Marvel staff (probably Tom Brevoort) being asked basically that question, and their answer made it sound like they aren't actually expecting the Fraction/Aja issues to be in on time. Marvel's lack of confidence in their ability to meet a schedule is probably precisely why they're just going ahead with this new volume.

and why is Marvel putting ANOTHER comic back to #1

I'm normally annoyed by their constant relaunching, but in this case I understand it. While Fraction and Aja are undeniably producing a commercial and critical hit, they are also undeniably ridiculously behind schedule and at this point it's become clear that they have no intention of getting back on a monthly schedule. They turned this character into a money-maker, and they're just leaving money on the table by not doing anything with him.

Marvel can't switch the creative team in the middle of the final story arc without suffering a major backlash, and it'd be stupid to just cancel the series outright before the final story is completed. A nice comprehensive omnibus of this series would obviously be a big seller, so switching out the creative team or not giving it a proper ending would hurt those omnibus plans. The best option Marvel has right now is to just launch a new series so they can actually sell some new Hawkeye stories on a regular basis, and let Fraction and Aja quietly finish out their run at their own pace so it can eventually be collected.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's different. I'm in. I hope they keep both Hawkeyes in the new book.

Avatar image for misdirectedfantomex
MisdirectedFantomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll admit, I did like Fraction's run but with all the delays and what not but that really ruined it for me. But I'm all for Lemire, really excited for this.

JamesDeMott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm going to check it out, but only if it's as good as Fraction and Aja's run.