• 72 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We've been hearing about CONVERGENCE for some time now. First announced at the beginning of November, Dan DiDio recently said it was teased back in 2012's DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS: CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN #7. In that issue, there is mention of a "cosmic event called 'The Convergence.'" There was also a certain last page in SUPERMAN: DOOMED #2 that gave some more hints. We've also seen solicits for the various series coming out during the two-month period. We also know events from FUTURES END and EARTH 2: WORLD'S END are leading into this. But how does it all begin?

You can find out in CONVERGENCE #0. DC has given us the exclusive first look at the cover and solicit information for the issue.

No Caption Provided

CONVERGENCE #0

Written by DAN JURGENS and JEFF KING

Art and cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

1:10 B&W Variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

1:25 Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE

1:50 Variant cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER

1:100 Variant cover by ADAM HUGHES

Advance solicit • On sale APRIL 1 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US RATED T

Where do worlds go when they die?

The Earthquakes felt round the Multiverse, Superman’s lost days after “Doomed,” the World’s End – all these points will converge as the history of the DCU is spun from a new perspective, the perspective of a mad god and his arrogant child. The biggest story in DC history ties into literally every DC story ever told – and it all begins here.

Kingdom Come, Red Son, Wild West Justice League, Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew – all the worlds you remember can still be found on Telos. Everything matters. Every story matters.

Don’t miss the start of DC’s April/May 2015 event with this special issue!

"Where do worlds go when they die?" Are you excited?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

I liked the Futures End one more

EdgeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That cover oozes awesome O_O

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang! I am excited!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Everything matters. Every story matters.

Until you let Barry Allen into the room to knock over a few bottles.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm hyped.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hype level 87.3%

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Ι will check it out.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this looks to be a better future's end then future's end, very high hopes on this one

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" The Earthquakes felt round the Multiverse"

Shouldnt it be multiverse-quake? :P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Damn earthling!

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Dan Jurgens on Superman sound cool. Plus, Captain Carrot is big star in Multiversity ;)

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You stop that right this instance

Avatar image for patrickborkland
patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you all thought DC didn't have something big up their sleeves when they started the New52. This New52 sucks you said! where are all my favorite characters you said! What have you done to my favorite superhero you said! Well everything has a purpose and I'm not saying this is it (because there's more to come) but it definitely is apart of it. DC knows what they're doing folks, just be patient and a little more easy going

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay folks, for those who want to know...Challengers of Unknown is prototype for Marvel's Fantastic Four created by Jack Kirby. This group is created way earlier than F4 but unfortunately they don't have "cool factor" like F4 did. I mean in F4 we got Mr.Fantastic , Invisible Woman , Human Torch and The Thing which all have different powers , different body size and different personality while Challengers of the Unknown all looks almost the same

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@boynerdgeek: Challengers of the Unknown is a cooler name though.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol "every story matter"

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I love the blaringly obvious purpose of this story. "Just because we tell new stories doesn't mean the old ones don't exist." Some people think the New 52 is going to revert with this, but I think it's the opposite. They're saying, yes the New 52 is a thing now. Get over it.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: well...the cooler name in superheroes franchise doesn't make the superhero popular because the most important is the appeal. If the name superhero is cool but he got nothing appealing such as the costume not good, the superpower not awesome, the personality is dull then that superhero will never got many fans

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

im excited and the art looks very cool

CloisLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we have Superman and Lois Lane brought back together and that dang Fauxmance erased I'm happy

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By johnny_blaze

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickborkland: Or DC realized that there were too many problems with the New 52 and decided to unreboot...

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds awesome

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Ethan van Sciver makes one heck of a cover.

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: You really think DC would create an event like Flashpoint, which would ultimately recreate a whole new Universe, without having at least a BROAD stroke of a plan? My guess is that they wanted to recreate the universe as a whole because they faced a problem of aging characters and now they have the opportunity to stay with these characters for YEARS to come. Geoff Johns has stated numerous times that he has had plans like Darkseid War since the beginning (and thats not the only plan he has) and Convergence is just a way for fans to get one final look at the previous universe before Flashpoint and so we can move on with this new and hopefully progressive universe for many many years to come. I'm not saying New52 is perfect in any sense, but I wish people would understand that we are only in it's 3rd (going on 4th) year and they set this thing to last for a long time. So lets have a little faith and see where the ride takes us

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickborkland: It just seems like they rebooted, realized it was a bad idea, and are trying to undo that now

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StarBrand1

i really hope that this event is used to bring some of our beloved and dearly missed charecters over to the new 52

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Everything matters. Every story matters."

I like that line. It was because of that right there, that I always had an issue with DC and their reboots. Nice to see this little nod.

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By patrickborkland

@jacthripper: You can't undo a reboot, they're trying to please a very broad (and if you ask me, picky - No offense anyone! We all love these characters and we're all very passionate about them!) audience. So in doing so, they create this event so they can continue to move on with bigger and better plans with the New52 Universe, which I am very very excited about. I've said this may times before, just because they changed some facts and continuity around in this universe, doesn't mean they can't still come up (or even be better). For example, a lot of people hate how Superman isn't with Lois, and instead he's with Wonder Woman. Now, like i said, this New52 universe is in for the long haul; we'll get to see these characters age properly and mature and grow as characters throughout our life and theirs. So even though Clark and Lois aren't together now, does NOT mean they can't come together in the future.... there have been many Easter eggs of a "Clark and Lois blood-line" in the comics for the future. So like i said, keep faith!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More hype to me usually equals less story. I'm not enthused but I'll look at it.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

@patrickborkland: It just seems like they rebooted, realized it was a bad idea, and are trying to undo that now

So far it hasn't been a bad idea, the New 52 saved DC's sales from tanking, introduced plenty of new readers (myself included) and has given us some truly fantastic comics, as well as a much cleaner continuity.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Brainiac

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably find this DC event more interesting than any of the Marvel ones for some reason. And I want the Marvel ones to do well.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me this is just another "eh" crossover.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a sucker for the multiverse and the crisis stories, glad to see something reminiscent of those past titles make it the New 52 instead of being shamed and forgotten

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If superman plays a major role then Im game :)

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. I might pick up the trade later on just to see how this reviews/dodge any delays (the delays in Forever Evil killed my interest in the story). I'm definitely skipping the two months of filler stuff though, none of the solicits hold any interest to me.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazing

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fingers crossed DC doesn't screw this up big time.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Sweet cover

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find all the multiverse stuff endlessly fascinating. I'm hoping they will tell an amazing story while ironing out all continuity kinks and being very respectful of everything that has come before while moving forward.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

So far it hasn't been a bad idea, the New 52 saved DC's sales from tanking, introduced plenty of new readers (myself included) and has given us some truly fantastic comics, as well as a much cleaner continuity.

agreed at first i was against the reboot now i have to agree the continuity is much cleaner ,,,its funny though if you follow green lantern or some of the batman titles its like they were never rebooted .

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: That's mainly because those were the two titles that were still selling well at DC before the reboot, so the decided to keep most of it the same.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@jacthripper said:

Okay at this point? This is the best thing DC has done in YEARS. Just saying it straight, it's the BEST thing they've done in YEARS.

Also I see it like this

Best Case Scenario: They pull a Crisis on Infinite Earths and fix everything by merging the actually GOOD universes into the New 52 to drown out the BAD decisions of the New 52.

Somewhat Okay Scenario: We're still stuck with the New 52, BUT we get to at least say goodbye this time to the Old 52 Universe and it gets a PROPER ending this time and we can still get some alternate universe stories with them in a kind of Ultimate Marvel fashion.

Worst Case Scenario: They pull a Crisis on Infinite Earths and just destroy ALL other universes leaving only the New 52.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: lol, I think you may have misread my comment. Also I feel the old universe got a good "Good Bye" it ended the same way it started, by the sacrifice and heroism of the Flash.