• 48 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's no telling what's going to happen in THOR #2 next month. The first issue put Thor through the wringer and we witnessed the "new" Thor make her debut. It's pretty clear the Thor we're familiar with will still be around as his story is far from over.

Marvel has just given us a look at Chris Samnee's variant to the second issue with colors by Matt Wilson. It's pretty amazing, as you would expect.

No Caption Provided

THOR #2

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Russell Dauterman (CA) Chris Samnee

• Get ready for a Thor like you've never seen before!

• Witness the mysterious all-new Thor in action for the very first time!

• With an army of Frost Giants invading the earth, she may be the world's only hope!

Rated T+

Item Code: SEP140859? In Shops: 11/12/2014 SRP: $3.99

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor Odinson looks great in this one.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Meh

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

New Thorita vs Santa Claus! :)

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still furious that Odin can't pick up the hammer HE enchanted.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Outside_85

Well, that part is perhaps not so odd really. Like why should his worthyness not be measured the same way everyone else is? Not like theres a fine print under the enchantment reading "Except Odin... even if he's a prick."

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@beaconofstrength said:

Well, that part is perhaps not so odd really. Like why should his worthyness not be measured the same way everyone else is? Not like theres a fine print under the enchantment reading "Except Odin... even if he's a prick."

Or maybe it's part of the bigger story...

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@outside_85 said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Because he literally made it. The enchant is under his command. Also, even if that was the case, this is about Thor being unworthy, not Odin. Odin has already picked up the hammer plenty of times.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm already liking the female Thor better than the male one. He always bored me.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I'm praying there will be a valid reason why Odin can't pick up the hammer.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stronger magic than Odin.Can't wait to see.

K007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin in the cover? looks like that she Thor will be Freyja!

Still don't like the she Thor!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he literally made it. The enchant is under his command. Also, even if that was the case, this is about Thor being unworthy, not Odin. Odin has already picked up the hammer plenty of times.

I would argue that Odin only asked a pair of dwarves to make the hammer for him (which I am pretty certain is still the case in Marvel myth... if it wasn't actually Loki that did that). But yes, Odin has picked it up in the past, but what if A) threatning to annihilate Earth and everyone on it, or B) Let Kul walk free because of Thor's misadventure in the Tenth Realm made Odin unworthy. Might even be that forgotten truth about the Tenth Realms banishment thats done it (since we dont actually know how Mjolnir's enchantment registers these things, the Tenth Realm war was before Thor and Mjolnir was even created/born)

That said, I just seems like a plot hole to me if any enchantment as potent and demanding as the one placed on Mjolnir, just stops working because it's caster feels like it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think this could be a very interesting story if the new Thor is the person they imply in the first issue. I wonder if she is going to look out and help guide the now lost/one armed Thor?

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I'm liking this story so far,my money is that its Freyja,especially after what was seen in the first issue,its safe to speculate her connection to the New Thor

and now that Odin lost his left arm,is the new one uru metal or is man made(adamantium or vibranium,I gotta see how he gets it made,also I'm saying this an a fan,but he needs to put some more clothes on or at least some awesome Asgardian armor

K007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Odin unworthy was like the whisper just to force change!

If Odin was worthy the mjolnir would not stay on the moon, he would take it with him to Asgard!

I think everyone will laugh when we get to know what the whisper was!

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: the enchant is not under his control. the enchant has its own rules. if it sees you as worthy it will let you hold it and give you the power of thor.

it's almost sentient

just because it was created by him doesn't mean he has control

you also don't know the enchant on the hammer very well as it states: Whoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.

think of it as a contract you don't get the power if you're not worthy

simple magic

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: it's probably because he slagged off his wife in one of the panels before he attempted to pick it up.

I'm reffering to the remark he made about the time of all mother being over and her being the reason for thorns unworthiness

if i was aa magical hammer i'd not let him pick me up as that's unworthy talk right there

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: in the past Odin has shown that he has complete control of the hammer. He enchanted it, and has taken it from Thor before when he had to. Him not picking it up makes no sense.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Am I the only one who thinks she's Freya

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@outside_85 said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Maybe Nick Fury put another enchantment on it. haha

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@outside_85: Nah, I disagree. not being able to break the enchantment is straight up foolishness on Marvels part. I ain't buying that crap.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By meatwadf

@beaconofstrength said:

@outside_85 said:

@beaconofstrength said:

No Caption Provided

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

@beaconofstrength said:

@outside_85 said:

@beaconofstrength said:

I was thinking the same. It may as well be that unknown to Odin the dwarves also put an enchant on the metal before they forge it.

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will stick with real Norse mythology. not this she thor crap.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@outside_85 said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Or maybe it's part of the bigger story...

My guess, the bigger story revolves around the unworthiness stemming from an aeon old patriarchal society ... the poor, oppressed women are now the only whom are worthy ... the men are worthless dogs. Hey, sign of our times right?

Down with the sexist Asgardians you unworthy hounds!!!

I jest of course. But I'm not convinced sexism as a serious and very real issue (despite my jesting) is not somehow being addressed here.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin has told Mjolnir to drop in Fear Itself and it did against Thor's struggle to actually pick it up, so it makes absolutely no sense that Odin cannot lift it.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mutant God

I guessed that some villain (maybe Malekith or Cul) put a hex on the hammer so that no Asgardian can lift the hammer

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@outside_85: in the past Odin has shown that he has complete control of the hammer. He enchanted it, and has taken it from Thor before when he had to. Him not picking it up makes no sense.

No, what makes no sense is that the enchantment just turns itself off for him, just because he made it. It's about as silly as thinking that keeping your fingers in a closing door won't hurt you just because you installed that door.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thor can not pick up Thor's hammer than how can another Thor be worthy of Thor? Also why can't Odin change the enchantment if he was the one who casted it? Isn't there an old Asgardian fail safe in case something like this happens?

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That variant looks cool. Love Samnees art.

Wow people are really upset that Odin can't lift hammer personally I don't care just enjoying the brilliant story that Aaron's telling.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor got his arm back? He lost it at the end of thor number 1.

Avatar image for austinmrkieross
austinmrkieross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webheadcomics: because magic grows read the first issue again all mother said the enchantment is now beyond its creater Aka the hammer and the spell are now fused one entity so the hammer chooses your worthyness on what basis or critirea who knows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: not at all.its magic. Odin's magic. He made the enchantment and he can control it and history supports this. He has complete control over it. Just like in the movie when he stripped it from thor. Not the same as a door you made....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Exactly as the door I made, just because he made it, doesn't mean he has special privileges over it when he didn't weave them into the enchantment in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: but he did and he does. You clealty don't read Thor and haven't read his older stories. Odin has shown he has complete control over it, and it has been stated many times. Your comparison isn't relevant here, a door has no magic. Why do you think Odin was so pissed he couldn't lift it? You must not know a lot about mjolnir and its history.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: You are not reading what I am writing: I don't care what was on the page, it's stupid non-logic at work. And quite frankly I think I know a damn lot more than you do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: It doesn't matter what you think it is, Odin has control. If you disagree you clearly know nothing of thor

K007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thor can not pick up Thor's hammer than how can another Thor be worthy of Thor?

Because marvel still thinks that females can't be herself s, like Beta Ray Bill was with mjolnir, they still have to imitate the male characters, that's why she never will be Thor, but She Thor, or Freyja when she unmask herself!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I'm praying there will be a valid reason why Odin can't pick up the hammer.

My theory is that New Thor is one of the All-Mothers and they've enchanted the hammer to betray Odin. Or something like that.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet we find out the secret was that Thor was not the first Thor and that there was a Thor before he in which the hammer was really made for.

K007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By K007

@arturocalakayvee said:

@beaconofstrength said:

My theory is that New Thor is one of the All-Mothers and they've enchanted the hammer to betray Odin. Or something like that.

Isn't the idea make She Thor a hero like Thor?

Isn't very worthy when a character calls herself by the name of other but if she did that (Freyja) she is not worthy at all, she can't be a hero!

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Thor (the man) returns soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Interesting family image. Momma gonna do some _ss-whoppin'.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: the enchantment change to "she" so it makes perfect sense that Odin couldn't lift the hammer, because last time i check Odin was not a she

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

@beholdthevison: Nope, you re not the only one. I sorta had that feeling since first read it. The thing that still that bothers me: is what did Nick Fury whispered to Thor, we don't how deep this thing is with Thor being no Unworthy. I can definitely see a back-story, with Odin, Thor , Freya and somehow Fury, but will have to wait and see.

StarOfElyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers