Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

On February 22nd Aspen Comics will be releasing the second issue of their all-new ongoing series BROKEN PIECES. The story follows Dr. Richard Adams who, after having uncovered a terrible secret, witnesses his life begin to completely fall apart. The decisions he will be forced to make may not only influence his own life and future, but that of all mankind. What is this big discovery? You will have to read to find out.

Aspen has provided Comic Vine with an exclusive, extended look at the upcoming second issue of BROKEN PIECES written by writer Mark Roslan with the art of Micah Kaneshiro. You can check out the full preview below. Be sure to let us know if this is one book that you will be looking forward to picking up at the end of this month.

== TEASER ==

BROKEN PIECES #2

Written by: Mark Roslan

Art by: Micah Kaneshiro

What is lost in life is found in…death! Aspen Comic’s newest original series, BROKEN PIECES, continues! Dr. Richard Adams’ life has been torn apart by a horrible discovery made by his wife Gabriella. However, the astounding breakthrough they made in the science of bio-rejuvenation has left Richard with a small shred of humanity to cling to, as everything else crumbles around him. With the odds of survival diminishing by the second—Richard will be forced to make the most consequential decision of his life, one which will effect the future of mankind itself!

In stores February 22nd!

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

Aspen books always have such amazing art

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Always an experiment to document the something to the benefit of mankind. Nevertheless, from what I read, this does seem interesting to me, and like others will agree, you sure can't beat Aspen's wonderful art!

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Always an experiment to document the something to the benefit of mankind. Nevertheless, from what I read, this does seem interesting to me, and like others will agree, you sure can't beat Aspen's wonderful art!

I had never heard of Aspen until I got recommended Fathom and Lady Mechanika which both are really good so I'm more than willing to give this a try.
#4 Posted by th3jok3r (17 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

#5 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, detailed artwork.

#6 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I've ever seen anything from Aspen MLT in my LCS...this does look interesting though.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:

I don't think I've ever seen anything from Aspen MLT in my LCS...this does look interesting though.

you should check out Fathom, the art is jaw dropping and it has great characterization
#8 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Aspen books always have such amazing art
#9 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to agree the artwork all around is incredible. Just the "simple" scenes of the people and the city are rendered very well. Sounds like an intriguing concept and story, but lesser known titles are hard to come by where I live ( not that Aspen is "lesser known" to me). Hope it does well.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

Have to agree the artwork all around is incredible. Just the "simple" scenes of the people and the city are rendered very well. Sounds like an intriguing concept and story, but lesser known titles are hard to come by where I live ( not that Aspen is "lesser known" to me). Hope it does well.