Posted by G-Man (32415 posts) - - Show Bio

We've been hearing quite a bit about DC's "New 52" relaunch titles. The thing to keep in mind, it's not a reboot. While there has been a lot of talk about the September comics, we really haven't seen a lot of information beyond the creative team, covers to the #1 issues and the solicit information for the September issues. All that is about to change.

Thanks to DC, we can share with you the cover and solicit for Batman and Robin #2. Since Bruce Wayne has returned after R.I.P. and his trip through time, we haven't seen much of his interaction with his son, Damian. Damian has come a long way since become Robin and formed an interesting relationship with Dick Grayson when he was operating as Batman. With Dick returning to his Nightwing guise, Damian will now be partnered with Batman.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #2
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
On sale OCTOBER 12 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T
Batman's fears about Robin's tendency to dish out more pain than necessary are growing! And who is the man named NoBody, visiting Gotham City to say hello to his old friend Bruce Wayne and find out where he went wrong in his battle against crime.

What will Bruce do when his new Robin shows his more violent ways of fighting crime?

Update

DC will be posting more Batman solicits later today. For now check out the exclusive looks at Detective Comics and a Huntress miniseries courtesy of our friends over at Newsarama!

Staff
#1 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is a return of quality to the comics. While Tomasi's Damian needed some work he had a good Bruce and Gleason had some great art.

#2 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

And there should be even more news today!
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12950 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope he gives that little fool the falcon punch he deserves.
#4 Posted by KDP2 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not gonna lie... The cover alone has me interested.  Which is what a good cover is supposed to do.

#5 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Patric Gleason is awesome! If he runs this like he did on Green Lantern, it will be epic!

#6 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to reading it! :D

#7 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

my guess is they'll use Damian as a way for Bruce to make up for the mistakes that he made with Jason

#8 Posted by Golden Cod (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that's a 90s Batmobile if I ever saw one!

I hope Bruce cites Jason Todd's shortcomings as a means to reign in Damian's temper.   It'd be a nice way to show how he intends to never repeat past mistakes and that he cares about his entire extended family, even the black sheep Todd.

#9 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm....

#10 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved his recent arc. Glad these guy's are back on board. Gleason is one of the few writers who writes a tolerable Damian. 

#11 Edited by MrGutts (240 posts) - - Show Bio

So what new marketing word did DC make up, since it's not a Reboot of all the characters?

#12 Posted by SupahGiggles (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, now he's concerned? I seem to recall Damian decapitating someone and merely receiving a slap on the wrist. Great parenting there, Brucey. Damian is another Jason Todd waiting to happen, and frankly I hope he gets whats comin' to him. He's one of the most pointlessly annoying characters ever to be put into a Batman comic.
#13 Posted by shackle (215 posts) - - Show Bio

The old school muscle car Batmobile is awesome.

#14 Posted by Samimista (20671 posts) - - Show Bio

...Unsure what I think?

#15 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Robin are driving the Bat Tank!

#16 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more interested in the Huntress miniseries.

#17 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrGutts
September
#18 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Tim going to have another hissy fit now that he's been denied his pot twice?
#19 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so locking forward to this DC re-thingy-whatever. ;)

#20 Edited by NightFang (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has wired taste in car's. 

#21 Posted by Dipic (128 posts) - - Show Bio
Not a fan of that cover.
#22 Posted by SpectrumBlur (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I look at that Batmobile on the cover, and all I can think of, for some reason, is Darkwing Duck.

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9594 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like the pigmobile

#24 Posted by okayla (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stop laughing at their faces in the car.  I'm buying this either way, but God.

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Something about that Batmobile looks off. Maybe its just the angle. Looks good though still, the cover!

#26 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is the cover for Batman #2 if anyone is interested.
#27 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited now for Red Hood and the Outlaws. I'm not sure about the story so much... but I still want it!

#28 Edited by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupahGiggles said:

Oh, now he's concerned? I seem to recall Damian decapitating someone and merely receiving a slap on the wrist. Great parenting there, Brucey. Damian is another Jason Todd waiting to happen, and frankly I hope he gets whats comin' to him. He's one of the most pointlessly annoying characters ever to be put into a Batman comic.

Have you even been keeping up with anything past Batman RIP? Damian's mellowed out considerably and become at least a somewhat likeable character. Once in a blue moon, character development actually happens in comic books.
#29 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

im interested in this relationship but the cover sucks
#30 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

That Batmobile is ******* awesome. 

So excited for September.
#31 Posted by Migz13 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Kicking ass together?! The Most Epic Father-Son bonding experience!! 
Villains Beware!!:D

#32 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't we know this already??? 
#33 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupahGiggles said:
I agree, and frankly how well bruce really worked out those issues with jason todd I can see how much better he can be with a legitimate son. Dick was much better for at least trying to get him under control.
#34 Posted by Fenrir085 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting, Can't wait to dive into its pages.

#35 Posted by mbembet (219 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate dick i cant wait for some Bruce/Damian story

#36 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
Listen Damian....You wanna act like a punk?... Lemme tell you about "Jason Todd"....
#37 Posted by thorwhore (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Im still not okay with Dick going back to Nightwing.

#38 Posted by Khasm (8 posts) - - Show Bio

batmobile + muscle car = most environmentally damaging way to travel... but who cares it's cool