Exclusive: Bart Sears' UNITY #1 Valiant Signature Series Variant Cover

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's a lot going on at Valiant. There's been some news about the upcoming series, UNITY, by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite. To show they're not messing around, last week we got a glimpse at some amazing variant covers by artists such as Bryan Hitch, J.G. Jones, Travel Foreman, Paolo Rivera, Clayton Crain and Neal Adams.

But that's not all.

As part of Valiant's Signature Series Variant covers, Bart Sears joins Sean Chen (HARBINGER), Bob Hall (SHADOWMAN), Mark Moretti (ETERNAL WARRIOR) and Sal Velluto (BLOODSHOT). (More info on the Signature Series can be found HERE). Sears' covers will be fore UNITY #1.

No Caption Provided

Last week we also gave you the official solicit for UNITY #1.

To kill a king…he has created an army. The world’s most dangerous man, Toyo Harada, has been struck by the one thing he never thought possible – fear. Halfway across the globe, a new power threatens to topple modern civilization and, to preempt the cataclysm that is to come, Harada will unite the most lethal, most volatile, most unforgiving team the world has ever known – UNITY. Their mission: defeat the threat responsible for the destruction of MI-6, the decimation of an alien world, and the occupation of Eastern Europe… Unseat the warrior king armed with the universe’s most powerful weapon... Kill X-O Manowar!

It doesn't appear that we've shared the preview for the issue, on sale November 13.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Damn it Valiant! Stop hyping me up for this!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Man this looks so so great!!!

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

The hype!!!!!!!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

Can't wait for this. Valiant has been knocking it out of the park so far.

Really interested to see how it unfolds along with the X-O series over the next months. It's pretty neat viewing him as the antagonist.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Valiant are going all out for this book, I love it.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Shadow man AND Bloodshot are in this as well?! Good lord, yes!

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

Looks cool...but i wonder if I have to have read the other comics to enjoy this.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@infamous_wolf: Nope, Valiant designed the book to be friendly to pepole totally new to the universe

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

Im so happy i invested in the Valiant books, I read them all currently (after a long time of back and forth). But probably the best decision I have ever made concerning my comics. Decided I wanted to branch out from the big two and Valiant happened to be the one I went with.

Everything they have done so far was incredible! Harbinger Wars was phenomenal, THAT is how you do a damn crossover. Marvel, DC, take notes.

So hype for this.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool! I love Bart Sears' artwork! I remember he used to provide drawing tips inside issues of Wizard magazine! Those were the days...sigh. :)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XO Manowar soloing aircraft carriers and tanking nukes like a boss

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

That cover makes it look like XO Manowar will be on the team...which would be interesting to say the least.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That cover makes it look like XO Manowar will be on the team...which would be interesting to say the least.

Except for the original image released where he is facing them as he hovers above them, all of the covers show him fighting along side the team. I wonder if the first arc will be their assault against him and it somehow turns to him being on the team after the conflict subsides.

I feel like Valiant are going to get him on the side of good eventually as opposed to ruling his own nation a la Dr. Doom and be an antagonist to the other world forces.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is going to be amazing.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Valiant is just simply determined to deplete my life's savings, I know it! For such quality work as this, that's the only explanation!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@decoyelite said:

Except for the original image released where he is facing them as he hovers above them, all of the covers show him fighting along side the team. I wonder if the first arc will be their assault against him and it somehow turns to him being on the team after the conflict subsides.

I feel like Valiant are going to get him on the side of good eventually as opposed to ruling his own nation a la Dr. Doom and be an antagonist to the other world forces.

It depends on who you see as the "bad guy"

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who you see as the "bad guy"

I just don't see Aric against the world as a sustainable story line without it getting a bit boring. I hope that it only lasts until the first arc of Unity is finished. That would give them a dozen or so issues to flesh this story out between X-O and Unity which should be plenty.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toyo Harada is Lex with telekenisis which is badass

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers