Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're a fan of the big things writer Joshua Hale Fialkov has been doing on his book I, VAMPIRE for DC Comics; get ready because things are about to get crazier. The series' tenth issue which is due to hit stores on June 27th, 2012 will feature "The Order of the Van Helsings." That's right, Vampire hunters. Will the vampires make their way across the country without being tracked and killed by the Van Helsings? Find out when the book hits store shelves next week. Check out the five-page preview and solicit for the issue below.

I, VAMPIRE #10

Written by: Joshua Hale Fialkov

Art by: Andrea Sorrentino

Cover by: Clayton Crain

On Sale Date: Jun 27 2012

As the vampires continue their journey across the country to their homeland they encounter an ancient enemy! Introducing THE ORDER OF THE VAN HELSINGS!

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

Order of Van-Helsings?!? Because Belmont Family is too mainstream!

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

I lovesssss this book, DC better not even think about cancelling it or I will burn that motherfunker down

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of Joshua Hale Fialkov. Loved Echoes and Last of the Greats has been interesting, but I never made it past issue #1 with this series.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

I'm a fan of Joshua Hale Fialkov. Loved Echoes and Last of the Greats has been interesting, but I never made it past issue #1 with this series.

Why?

#5 Posted by G-Man (18881 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely love this series.

Staff
#6 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

So what are Andrew Bennett's ultimate powers now?

#7 Posted by Bobzenub (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a mental erection just by looking at that coloring.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

#9 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

love the art. Anytime someone can look like Jae Lee's art it's a good thing.

#10 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

this series is great! unfortunately i dropped it after "Rise of the Vampires" because i ended up adding Punisher to my pull list. but i recommend this series all the time to people i know

#11 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

Alucard anyone?

This series looks awesome looking forward to become available in my country

#12 Posted by NightFang (10255 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@G-Man said:

#14 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Book is just getting better right now.

#15 Posted by sho3s22 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

I lovesssss this book, DC better not even think about cancelling it or I will burn that motherfunker down

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

#17 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

This book is awesome. 

#18 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

this series is great! unfortunately i dropped it after "Rise of the Vampires" because i ended up adding Punisher to my pull list. but i recommend this series all the time to people i know

You dropped a great book for a piss-poor book? I don't mean to judge, but are your tastebuds alright?

This is definitely in the top five books out right now.

#19 Posted by theoknows (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, just picked up JLD (thanks to Lemire coming on), and based on this art....looks like I'll be picking up I, Vampire too.

Don't feel like going back to 1, is there a good issue to jump in on?

#20 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Looking at the Third Wave, DC seems to be moving farther into niche books rather than into the more traditional "cape" comics. Seriously doubt this comic would be on the chopping block. Thankfully.

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

wwarping

Alucard anyone?

Wait....Is CarioTrubat correct, is Bennett really like Alucard? Because if so I'm picking up this series now!

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio
@theoknows said:

Damn, just picked up JLD (thanks to Lemire coming on), and based on this art....looks like I'll be picking up I, Vampire too.

#23 Posted by AskaniSon295 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a great Vampire Detector if a guy is shirtless has a great torso and outside at night he's probably a Vampire or a Werewolf.

#24 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor:It really is reminiscent of Alucard, but far from a copy. I definitely recommend you pick it up.

#25 Posted by sentryman555 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I caught this in the crossover with Justice League Dark and instantly caught up with the series afterwards. Such an awesome read!

#26 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Shirtless vampire? A shock !

#27 Posted by thenexusrebound (249 posts) - - Show Bio

This comic series is so awesome. Between this and American Vampire, my supernatural itch gets perfectly scratched. I really can't wait to see how the Van Helsings end this little party. That last page of issue 9 was awesome.

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Sekele (280 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoknows: @theoknows said:

Issue 9 would actually be a good jumping-on point now

it's right after the big crossover with Batman and Justice League Dark, so we get a bit of downtime before things hit the fan again

#30 Posted by doomsilver (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read an issue of it yet, haven't had the time to buy much comics lately but I'm going to get the colleced edition of the first few issue's.

#31 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome! Another title I read in the "DC COmics Presents" reprint of The Dark book #1 issues and really am thinking about getting into now.

#32 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

i categorized his new abilities more as powerful magic

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

Hm well did he ever say it was magic? It just looked like reality warping especially when he disintegrated those two guys then put them back together again 
#34 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

Hm well did he ever say it was magic? It just looked like reality warping especially when he disintegrated those two guys then put them back together again

no he hasn't yet.

but a vampire receiving high magical powers in a book such as this just seemed to flow more than him receiving reality warping abilities.

#35 Posted by B_Heart (151 posts) - - Show Bio

This book continues to be awesome! Wish I knew more people who read it.

#36 Posted by VanTesla (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by the cover when did Helsings become a ninja clan...

#37 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: Thanks for the recommendation i'll check it out

#38 Posted by cagedleo730 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

Hm well did he ever say it was magic? It just looked like reality warping especially when he disintegrated those two guys then put them back together again

Those that read the "Rise of the Vampires"crossover would know that his new powers are magical in nature. Cain being the "first" was absorbing all magic to himself. Zatanna's magic was fading. Shade's M-vest was acting up. Madame Xanadu had to plead to some "gods" to split the magic Cain obtained in 2 to create a balance. Andrew was the recipient.

#39 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagedleo730 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Or35ti said:

reality warping

Those that read the "Rise of the Vampires"crossover would know that his new powers are magical in nature. Cain being the "first" was absorbing all magic to himself. Zatanna's magic was fading. Shade's M-vest was acting up. Madame Xanadu had to plead to some "gods" to split the magic Cain obtained in 2 to create a balance. Andrew was the recipient.

didn't collect JLD but yeah i was [retty sure that it was magic in the first place.

Reality warping powers seemed really out there.

#40 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I, Vampire may not be as safe as I thought. Quote from Joshua Hale Fialkov in a recent Newsarama article.

If you like the book, tell people about it. We've been holding steady, which in this market is an impressive thing to do. But if you want the book to continue, you need to help us grow. It's been intimated that we're safe for the short term, and it's because of how vocal and loving the fans have been. So, keep it up! We're Tinkerbell, and you need to keep clapping... or else.

#41 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

I, Vampire may not be as safe as I thought. Quote from Joshua Hale Fialkov in a recent Newsarama article.

If you like the book, tell people about it. We've been holding steady, which in this market is an impressive thing to do. But if you want the book to continue, you need to help us grow. It's been intimated that we're safe for the short term, and it's because of how vocal and loving the fans have been. So, keep it up! We're Tinkerbell, and you need to keep clapping... or else.

That's worrying, #9 was one of my favourite issues last month, just checked and apparently 5-8 all sold under 20k... =(

Meanwhile Detective and Dark Knight are selling quadruple that =/