Posted by G-Man (36782 posts) - - Show Bio

Earlier this month Dynamite Entertainment announced their team up with Image in bringing ARMY OF DARKNESS VS. HACK/SLASH. The six-issue series will be written by Tim Seeley and is on sale in July (in print and digital).

Today, in a shared exclusive announcement, Dynamite has given us a look at some more covers as well as the solicit information on the first two issues.

#1 – After the events of the HACK/SLASH series, Cassie Hack is doing her best to live a normal life. But a Deadite attack forces Cassie back into action and this time, she's not alone! Meet Cassie's new partner: Ashley J. Williams! Can the pair keep from killing each other long enough to quest for the stolen pages from the Book of the Dead? Will Ash get some sugar? Or will Cassie make him kiss it? It's the horror mash-up that fans demanded!

The first look at the second cover in this style is a mock cover, so you'll notice it says #1 even though it's meant to be for issue #2.

#2 – Ash and his new partner Cassie Hack are on the trial of missing pages of the NECRONOMICON and their first case leads them to a prison shower, naked deadites, and an evil double! Can Cassie and Ash stand each other long enough to deal with Bad Mahesh? A bloody, twisted ride starring two of horrors greatest monster-mashing icons!

#1 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#2 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

This sort of thing really isn't my style (sorry, just not a slasher fan), but these covers are wonderful.

#3 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know id the current ongoing Army of Darkness series is ending? I heard issue 13 would be the final issue. But this looks pretty interesting.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

These are great!

#5 Posted by DonFelipe (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

The second one is pretty cool!

#6 Posted by DonFelipe (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver said:

Does anyone know id the current ongoing Army of Darkness series is ending? I heard issue 13 would be the final issue. But this looks pretty interesting.

The solicit says something about surprise ending which leads into the upcoming Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness 5-issue limited series.

#7 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, thanks for the reply. I was gonna pick this up but saw it was ending. But ill probably pick up the hack/slash-Army of Darkness crossover.

#8 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I love those two. I'm so psyched for this, its not even funny!

#9 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Vick ):

#10 Posted by TerrellV13 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

My life is now complete.

#11 Posted by kaelenthebloody (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I was hopeing to get more hack/slash just wasen't expecting it so soon after the final issue

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! i need some hack/slash! after all the series has been finished :(